Cornwalls for sale

BigBusa

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bclarke if the winner of my auctions did by chance wandered over to these forums as you say she did and then emailed you (of all people) completely out of the blue and asked about me ...then what is her klipsch screen name here???

The chances of the winner of my auction doing what you say she did is about 1 in a million. The odds of me getting hit by lightning are probably better than that scenario you described about how the contact between you and my auction winner came about.

If you're telling the truth that she came here, emailed you and asked about me ...then she had to have registered. Only registered members can email each other and you don't have your email address public in your profile.

So please show us all that you are not a low life, hateful, vindictive, rat who emailed the winner of my auction and convinced her not to buy my cornwalls.

WHAT IS HER KLIPSCH FORUM SCREEN NAME SO WE CAN SEE WHEN SHE REGISTERED?

If you don't have this and she didn't register recently then you're a complete liar and I will get even. If you do have it then I am wrong and will apologize.

Sometimes I wonder why some of the people such as ole BigBusa dont come here for real advice instead of announcing things AFTER the fact.

1. That insane purchase of the Dynaco's bridged to 600w. This is one of the worst mistakes people make with stereo amps as bridging these SS beasts brings sonic grain and bombast. I have never heard a bridged SS amp sound good, especially one in the 600w range. To hook this mess up to something like a Cornwall is absolutely a first rate way to get HORRIBLE sound. BigBusa comes in here feigning the 600w question. Advice was given but it was another false question - the choice had been made. RESULT? Terrible sound. Surprise. Out go the Cornwalls. He keeps the 600w bridged solution. Bad mistake again.

2. The purchase of those 150lb German monsters. I took one look at the design and build and let out an audible groan. They looked absurd. Where are they now? Yep, a 150lb mistake that went out faster than they came in. If BigBusa had wandered in here to actually get an opinion, he might have been saved MASSIVE headache. I cant see how anyone will buy these things. Forget the Klipsch bias; those speakers looked like a mess.

I think the people here are now being a bit hard on ole BigBusa as he DID offer the CW here finally. On the other hand, you reap what you sow as the forum is a bit perturbed at the order of events.

I will forcast right now, no sonic happiness with ANY quality speaker and those bridged 600w monsters. Big power SS amps are VERY hard to get right and the ones that come close, are designed from the ground up with an excellent PS and not some bridged stereo amps, a compromise the rarely brings a smile. I predict more learning the hard way for ole BigBusa as he flounders down the massive watts path. To get quality with quantity, you better be ready for fork out the ducats. Even then, I find it a compromise that is awfully hard to listen to in the long run.

kh

MH you know as well as everyone else that you can't tell anyone anything. You can give advice until you're blue in the face but they have to learn by themselves. How many times did you parents tell you not to do something and you went right ahead and did it?

I don't ask for advice because I have an idea in my head of what I want and how to get there. I'm having fun with it and making money buying and selling so where's the hurt?

These hecos do sound fantastic at lower / mid levels but when the spl gets up there (90-100db) the bass can't keep up. They are not what I was hoping they'd be. There was only one way to find that out and that wasn't to take your word for it. >:-)

The issue is still that bclarke421 obviously sabatoged my cornwall auction. He admittedly emailed the high bidders and convinced them I was a fraud. This has caused me a huge hassle as you can imagine.

You operate under the name Herman C. Cheung for ebay, but when she did a reverse # lookup, it came up Don Hopkins.

Let me clear this up for you once and for all bclark. If this dual name thing is your issue with me then listen up ...

herman cheung is my significant other of 5 + years. He and I share the paypal account, the ebay account as well as other accounts ...as you and your wife probably share accounts.

The accounts are both primiarily in his name since we cannot legally marry. The accounts were both set up in his name because we used his credit card for verification to set up the accounts.

My name is don hopkins. Our phone is in my name. If you do a look-up on my phone number it's going to come back in my name. When you request "vintagestereo"s contact info via ebay you're going to get hermans name, our phone number and our physical address ...the phone # just happens to be set up in my name.

Do you understand?????????

If I felt the need to tell every potential bidder of one of my auctions that info, I would. It's really no ones business though. But since you seem so fixated on the dual identity issue, think I'm being dishonest and are now sabotaging my auctions ...there is your explaination.

Please do not email my auction winners anymore. This is a big pain in the butt for me. I know you thought it was a funny thing to do for some reason but I assure you it was not.

It would be fine if he demonstrated a jouneyman's approach to a music system. Rather, his frenetic state overshadows any modicum of knowledge he may have and his approval-seeking posts (here and other forums) get absurd really fast with his endless contradictions and indefensable claims. A little humility would do him good. Really, BB, a pic of you ogling walnut K's and claiming they are oaks only point out your need for a reality check.

I made a simple mistake saying they were oak. My gawd ...! Hang me now.

Look at my original post regarding those khorns. ...I knew/know they are walnuts.

Whatever you wanna call them they'll be in my livingroom as soon as I sell the CWs. Thanks to the RAT Bclark that's going to take a bit longer than expected. 7.gif

You've gone out of your way here to offer up explanations to various protests, and have done it without making an *** out of yourself -- better than I could have done under the same circumstances.

I've seen the aggravation you have caused over on AA -- personally, I think it's hilarious. However, it's not really right to use a forum simply for advertising. You really should quit doing this since it ticks off so many people.

A nice flaming thread that needs to end. Bottom line: You have a nice set of Cornwalls that someone here should buy.

The AA stuff is mostly for fun. I have a few beers, get bored and like to stir some trouble sometimes. I agree the ebay adverts shouldn't be there. I don't do that anymore.

They are nice CWs. I think they are worth $900. I'll even deliver for free within 100 miles of albany ny for any members here.

Ultimately, I have to agree with Dean here. By and large, while I dont agree with the choices BigBusa has made, I do think he has handled the comments very well. For that, I do give him credit, even though I dont always agree with some of the answers or logic.

Don, if you perhaps were a little more above board and used this place in a more balanced manner, things would turn out for the better all around. I know you might have saved yourself some headache as well. Full power to you if you are able to MAKE money on that Heco transaction. I would imagine those speakers to be a very hard sell.

Perhaps you might consider a different path all the way around. While it's only a suggestion, I think you might find it a more fruitful path.

kh

MH I bought a complete stereo system that included these hecos. Also included were a box of NOS styli, carts and other LP knick knacks from when the owner bought out a stereo store in 1980.

Amazingly, I have already recouped the entire funds I spent purchasing the system by ebaying just the contents of the additional small box of NOS goodies.

I kept a nice mitsubishi 5 shelf cabinet, an onkyo 5 disc cd player, a yamaha m4 amp, some NOS unopened audio-technica record cleaning items and 3 boxes of mint 60's - early 80's LPs for myself.

bclarke421 ...The high bidder actually emailed me after bumping into this forum and seeing the aforementioned thread. I didn't get into details, believe it or not, but I did point her towards Audio Asylum and gave her the user names that I know he has used.

bclarke421 I'm still waiting for you to post this womans klipsch member name? She has to have one since you claim she emailed you out of the blue asking about me ...right?

So what's her member name? Or were you lying and you actually emailed the winner of my auction and convinced her I was a fraud for some strange reason?

What's the story???

I can't believe no one else is calling him out on this obvious lie.

Bclarke4221 about you sink your head low where it belongs and do what you told me to do ..."Do us all a big favor and please go away. No one likes an admitted rat like yourself.

Oh don't worry, we're waiting to hear what he has to say as well. No need for the rest of us to jump into this one since you're doing a bang up job on your own.9.gif

You guys may have to take this one to email, because it's getting beyond ugly.

My advice...take a deep breath and let it go. If you don't, you'll just end up with chest pains.

The reason I have not yet replied is this-I am generally offline after I leave work for the night. Also the several email addresses D0N uses are now on my Junk Mail list.

Regarding contacting the bidder: She contacted me out of the blue. How she got my email address? I'd like to know myself. I asked her and she didn't reply. I was following the auction, but as I said before, my only issue with you was misusing this BB as a promotional tool and your evasiveness in doing so. I never accused you of fraud. In fact, you DO seem to be a reputable seller with quality product. In hindsight, maybe I should not not have pointed out AA to this lady. Look over that stuff, and I think you'll see why she was concerned (I would be, anyway). If it were me selling the CWs, I would offer them to the second highest bidder, as another suggested. It is within ebay's rules to do so.

As for the dual identity, she pointed that out to me, as I was not aware of it, only the multiple screen name habit. I appreciate your coming above board on that, though it is admittedly none of my business.

Now, regarding my posts towards you on this board-I did get out of hand here. I tried to stay civil, but restraint escaped me. I did have some legitimate points when this all started, which you would not respond to. Others have concurred with me on these. I do admit, I've made myself look like a jerk here. You got under my skin and that's nobody's fault but my own. Hopefully active members if this board (who I respect and whose respect in turn I do value) have seen that this behavior of mine is not a habit and that I am not proud of myself for getting sucked in. I should know better.

That said (and hopefully read), let me clarify. My only issues with BigBusa are:

Use of this board in a manipulative, commercial manner.

Use of multiple screen names and email addresses to reach that end.

I apologize for for any offense members of this board may have taken to my comments & conduct.

I also apologize to D0N for interfering in his affairs, which are none of business.

If this has not resolved thing between the two of us, I am happy to take it offline. If responses to this thread warrant public response by me, I am happy to make them here.

This hasn't been resolved unfortunately and I would like to take it off line.

Explain how this woman who just happens to be the winner of my CW auction, bumped into this forum and then bumped into you via email? It's just not possible unless she registered. More likely is that you contacted her via ebay when you saw she was the winner.

Maybe you're being honest though ...If you are ...What's her registered klipsch forum name??? It's that easy to get yourself off the hook ...if she emailed you out of the blue she had to have registered here. Unless, your email address is posted publically somewhere???

I just received your email. The one where you're still "maintaining what you've said all along" ...accusing me of not being honest. Screw you. You've been wrong all along and now you're lying about it trying to save face.

When you did all those lookups on my name and phone number you came up with 2 addresses so you're still thinking I'm hinding something. By the way WHY THE HECK ARE YOU LOOKING UP MY INFO IN THE 1ST PLACE?

Don-

I have posted in 2-ch. I hope this will put this ugly matter to rest. I

will also apologize to you now for getting carried away on the forum. I

maintain what I have said all along, though.

Hopkins, Donald

186 Jay St

Albany, NY 12210

518-465-8984

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopkins, Donald

6 S Lake Ave

Albany, NY 12203

518-465-8984

I've lived in 4 different apts in the last 13 years. Is that so hard to believe. The phone number has always been the same. Did you notice that?

I see you have just changed your phone number. Does that make you a fraud? SHould I email all your auction winners "snookerace" from now on and freak them out?

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=snookerace&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Benjamin Clarke

Ingalls Corners Rd

Canastota, NY 13032-4871

315-697-7698

New number 315 356 6378

And who is marylin??? Is this some alterego of yours??

Unfortunately, yes it is. Put yourself in my shoes. What he did is (and now is lying about to save face) was absolutely uncalled for. Would you just turn the other cheek?

Ben Clarke is a keyboard jockey who loves spouting off, screwing with people and flexing his computer muscles "safely" from behind his desk. He's an A-hole in the first degree.

This was my reply to that email. (I have NEVER accused him of being dishonest)

----------------------------------------------------

Don,

Relax. You sent my name and address in your email, I did the same. I was not accusing you of anything.

Ben

>From: "HC"

>To: "Ben Clarke"

>Subject: Re: ben clarke

>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:45:12 -0400

>

>Ben, I have lived in many apts here in albany ny since I moved here back in

>1990. Why is that so hard to believe.

>

>Prior to 6 S Lake I lived at 186 jay st ..before that I lived at 175 jay st

>...and prior to 175 jay st ...I lived at 240 morton ave.

>

>I moved from 6 S lake in march of 2003 to where I live now. My current

>physical address is in my ebay contact info. I am not HIDING anything!

>

>Yes that's a lot of moving but remember it's in a 13 year period!!! Each

>move has been for the better.

>

>Notice how the phone number always stayed the same??? I can't believe you're

>doing lookups on my name, past addresses and phone numbers!? If that's not

>bad enough you're emailing my auction winners telling them that I am

>untrustworthy!!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS???!!! IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY

>NO SENSE.

>

>

>

>

>----- Original Message -----

>From: "Ben Clarke"

>To:

>Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 11:41 AM

>Subject: Re: ben clarke

>

>

> > Don-

> > I have posted in 2-ch. I hope this will put this ugly matter to rest. I

> > will also apologize to you now for getting carried away on the forum. I

> > maintain what I have said all along, though.

> >

> >

> > Hopkins, Donald

> > 186 Jay St

> > Albany, NY 12210

> > 518-465-8984

> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------

>------

> >

> > Hopkins, Donald

> > 6 S Lake Ave

> > Albany, NY 12203

> > 518-465-8984

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >From: "HC"

> > >To:

> > >Subject: ben clarke

> > >Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:44:51 -0400

> > >

> > >Ben clarke, you went way over the line. Go to the klipsch board now and

> > >explain what you did in a new post in the 2 channel forum. Be honest and

> > >forthright. Apologize publically to me and I will consider this matter

> > >over. Do not ever screw with me again.

> > >

> > >Benjamin Clarke

> > >Ingalls Corners Rd

> > >Canastota, NY 13032-4871

> > >315-697-7698

> > >

> >

> > _________________________________________________________________

> > Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage.

> > http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

> >

> >

>

The part at the end of your response where you say ..."I maintain what I have said all along" ...is you saying that sabotaging my auction because you thought I was dishonest and all the snide comments you've said here were OK.

It wasn't.

You won't even admit to it when it's obvious to everyone that you're lying. I'm just amazed that a 48 year old married guy doesn't have anything better to do than screw with me behind my back.

You have blatantly lied again ...!!!The reason I have not yet replied is this-I am generally offline after I leave work for the night. Also the several email addresses D0N uses are now on my Junk Mail list.

If my 2 email addresses "are now on your junk mail list" how did you receive my recent mail and admittedly respond? You are so full of horse dung it's incredible.

How did you say it earlier when you were zinging me repeatedly ...."THIS IS TO EASY! 9.gif"

I think that's how you put it.