Man, we are some lucky SOB's!

Orange Peel

I am just sitting here typing some emails and whatnot, and I have the RF-7's/RC-7 & RF-5's cranking out some Queen, and man, it's just freaking amazing how these speakers perform!! I can just sit here all day and listen to them belt out the music, just crystal clear and perfect.

I have to give it up to Klipsch for giving us these amazing speakers, thanks guys!!!!

----------------

On 9/17/2003 10:15:18 PM Orange Peel wrote:

I am just sitting here typing some emails and whatnot, and I have the RF-7's/RC-7 & RF-5's cranking out some Queen, and man, it's just freaking amazing how these speakers perform!!

----------------

I must've heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" a thousand times on the radio over the years, but when I heard it the first time in my '7's, I was blown away! It was quite awesome to really get to enjoy that song again.

Don't get your hopes set too high, I think Bruinsrme has an Elite Pioneer receiver with his RF-7's and says that is overly bright and his family can't stand to listen to it, or watch movies. You may be better off sticking with what you have unless you have heard the particular receiver in question in the store with the RF-7's.

That is correct FRZ. The Klipschand pioneer tends to be a little more forward and bright than the HK I borrowed.

With that said I like the pioneer and the sound. The family nope.

The pioneer will take full advantage of the Klipsch horns. In one of the Jurassic Parks there is scene where the trailer gets pushed over the cliff and the back glass window starts to crack. This being one of my demos I take with me to stores, I ahve watched it over 30 times. The Pioneer 43, 47, 53, 49 truly make this scene realistic. The only system I think that sounded better was the Lexicom, as it should.

The 49txi is great for fantastic for music as well for movies. If you like brightness and detail the Pioneer is for you.

Someone in the forum just purchased the 55txi, the 59txi will be out in november.

I really like the 49txi and have grown to accept the fact that the family would rather watch the E channel than a movie with me 15.gif .

So instead of buying new speakers or a new receiver I bought new subs.

Take a listen to the pioneer and do notlet the features be pursuade your decision. Tak a look at HK and Denon. These two model also complete Klipsch very well.

I am thinking about the Pioneer 59txi for a december delivery

Scott

----------------

On 9/18/2003 9:10:19 AM bruinsrme wrote:

That is correct FRZ. The Klipschand pioneer tends to be a little more forward and bright than the HK I borrowed.

With that said I like the pioneer and the sound. The family nope.

The pioneer will take full advantage of the Klipsch horns. In one of the Jurassic Parks there is scene where the trailer gets pushed over the cliff and the back glass window starts to crack. This being one of my demos I take with me to stores, I ahve watched it over 30 times. The Pioneer 43, 47, 53, 49 truly make this scene realistic. The only system I think that sounded better was the Lexicom, as it should.

The 49txi is great for fantastic for music as well for movies. If you like brightness and detail the Pioneer is for you.

Someone in the forum just purchased the 55txi, the 59txi will be out in november.

I really like the 49txi and have grown to accept the fact that the family would rather watch the E channel than a movie with me
15.gif

So instead of buying new speakers or a new receiver I bought new subs.

Take a listen to the pioneer and do notlet the features be pursuade your decision. Tak a look at HK and Denon. These two model also complete Klipsch very well.

I am thinking about the Pioneer 59txi for a december delivery

Scott

----------------

So true. So true. I like my music and movies with detail. I guess some people would want a blah sound reproduced as a blah sound. I guess since klipsch seems to have a aggressive sound, its even more pronounced with the Pioneer Elite behind it.

Scott,

Are you going to get a newer universal player as well to take advantage of the "ilink" for SACD? Just wondering because that is the route I am going to for Christmas. I think Pioneer will come out with a DV-59Ai soon. Hopefully they get Bass Management perfect this time.

Chin,

I am going to get both the player and receiver.....then move this set up to either my parents, my condo in florida or in HT 2.

My Ultimate goal is to have a set up for movies and a set up for music. Space is incredibly limited with the new subs. I would like to get a seperate setup for music, just something a little warmer for the sit back enjoy some smooth jazz, while reading a book and sipping brandy. Before that I have to start listening to jazz and sipping brandy.

All in all I love the pioneer sound and have for quite a while, heck well over 14 years.

----------------

On 9/18/2003 10:35:57 AM bruinsrme wrote:

Chin,

I am going to get both the player and receiver.....then move this set up to either my parents, my condo in florida or in HT 2.

My Ultimate goal is to have a set up for movies and a set up for music. Space is incredibly limited with the new subs. I would like to get a seperate setup for music, just something a little warmer for the sit back enjoy some smooth jazz, while reading a book and sipping brandy. Before that I have to start listening to jazz and sipping brandy.

All in all I love the pioneer sound and have for quite a while, heck well over 14 years.

----------------

You are going to get the 59TXI and the 59AVi?

jealous... My budget will "force" me to "settle" for the 55TXi. Oh well. I think Scott/Orange should think about the 59AVi for his 55txi he hopes to get.

As for listening to jazz, there is alot of stuff out there. You can always start with the names like miles davis jr. or john coltrane. marsalis, koz and the newer generation is very good too. its funny, I love jazz, used to play it when I was active on saxophone, yet I have very few Jazz CDs. It just doesn't "feel" right for me to listen to jazz on CDs. Its hard to for me to listen to jazz in any format besides "live".

I cannot give you any tips on brandy except for the more $$ is costs, the smoother it is generally....9.gif

The 55txi is an impressive unit and the price is tough not to be on the short list for many.

I have seen this unit as low as $1125 with shipping. I am sure for around $1200 plus shipping it could be purchased from an authorized dealer. I am thinking the 59txi will come in around $2200 and the 59avi should run around $900.

Take a read over at avsforum and doa search on 55txi.Lots of great info.

As one of my friends explained to co workers their experience with my dual PB2+ set up.

Its like a woman with a a cup going to a d cup. Well rounded performance in any position.

The 59AVi is a "universal player so it can play SACDs as well.

It has the "ilink" (firewire) which is the only digital medium for SACDs.

Also, it will be supporting the new HDMI connectors for Hi-Rez Audio.

Read about it here:

http://www.eedesign.com/pressreleases/prnewswire/96967

http://www.digitalproducer.com/2003/09_sep/news/09_01/pioneer095.htm

it looks like its the first universal player that will allow digital formats for both SACDs and DVD-A.

I think the 55TXi will completely support the 59AVi so having the Pioneer DVD player will allow you to utilize these technologies.

Scott,

Yep Klipsch speakers work magic with music DVD's and music in general. Often the experience makes you pump the volume time and again to sometimes unsafe levels.

And what about HT,ah another segment where any Klipsch owner can feel proud of his/her speakers. 9.gif

And with a few good subs its...out of this world.

So I assume that the 59 is a replacement for the 47 player? If so I hope my local B&M will drop the prices on the DV-47. I'm sorta in the process of looking for a new player and I was unimpressed with my first impressions of the DV-45A, it was a lightweight and didn't feel like a very sturdy piece at all. It just felt cheap to me...the 47 seemed much better built, and there is a lot to be said for construction and weight.

Orange Peel, If you want to save a few bucks and the i.LINK is not of intrest to you the 53TX is the same receiver minus the i.LINK & a couple of other options that in my opinion are insignificant. Outside of this the general consensus is they are the same receiver.

Yeah my friend said the same thing, I will have to check them out and compare. The ilink would be cool if I had the player to go with it, but for a $999 retail price on the player, it's a bit overpriced in my books, it probably has the chroma bug too 1.gif What other options are different besides the ilink feature?