How much to ask for LaScalas?

partaymon

Hey All!! I haven't been around for awhile... too busy adjusting to getting married, moving, and changing jobs all at once! Anyway, folks, I've got a question:

I have a set of five matching LaScalas. They were intended for use in a 5.1 system in a large Great Room. However, by the time I took delivery of them, both my job and my housing plans changed-- along with my marital status-- so I put them in storage for the past year.

Here's the kicker-- they're BRAND NEW! (I never uncrated them after delivery-- the cartons are still sealed!) Four of the five have sequential serial #s; all are finished in high gloss Piano Black Lacquer, without grill cloth.

Anyway, having sold my previous house, and then changed plans as far as building the new one, I now have absolutely no place to put them!

I know that new Retail is apprx. $2k each. I also know that I had to wait six months for delivery of mine.

However, the chance to sell all five as a set would be a highly motivating factor on my part!

So what d'ya think, folks? Would $7,500 be unreasonable?

BUMP!! Back up to the top!

C'mon guys-- is $7,500 too much? Should I split 'em into pairs? Should I advertise them as a "stacked system" with one speaker in reserve? I need some input here!

Remember, I bought these six months BEFORE I got married! Now the old lady says they gotta go... and in the interest of marital bliss, I told her I'd see about selling them.

(Remind me to change my moniker from "Partaymon" to "Old Married Guy!"

Bill H:

You can see 'em anytime! As I stated earlier, I've never opened the crates. Currently, they're in storage in a friend's garage-- much better for them than out in my barn!)

My job keeps my on the road quite a bit, but I'm usually home on Sundays. PM or e-mail me and we'll get together.

E-mail is: partaymon@yahoo.com