Bryston 9B THX vs the B&K 200.7

Bruinsrme

These are the two amps I have been offered from two seperate authorized dealers of the products they sell.

Bryston 9B THX $2525 delivered

B&K 200.7 $2400 delivered

Both have received great reviews.

I am not so much concerned with the $125 difference as much as I am concerned with the best quality for the money.

What are your opinions regarding the amps?

Thank you for your help.

Scott

Scott-

As you know both are quality amps and would work well with your Ref7s. I have heard both amps, but not on my Klipsch, and was reasonably impressed with both. The advantage of Bryston is the transferable 20 year warranty and tends to hold resale value better because of it. However, many users on this forum really love the warm sound of the B&K with the klipsch speakers and IMHO would probably be a better match. So much so, I almost got a B&K over my Parasound, but the B&K dealer wouldn't deal on the price so I got the Parasound.

-Dave

B&K's run very hot. They sound great, but run real hot. I demo'd the B&K 7250 as well as the Parasound 2205AT. With just one movie at moderate volume, don't know the db but you could still talk to the person beside you, the B&K was too hot to touch. The Parasound, which performed just as flawless with a different movie, never got near the heat of the B&K. I ended up with the 2205AT but did choose the B&K Ref30 over the Parasounds pre.

I'll go with the Bryston,no doubt.Bryston makes the better power amps.Used with Dynaudio speakers Bryston get my vote.

Now as match with speakers is important and you have Klipsch,the B&K may be a better match.Also Parasound would also be a very good match for Klipsch,not agressive and even laid back sound,great with horns.

Baby is growing up and being bridged to deliver the mains at 400 x 2 and the centers and rears will be run by a Bryston 6BSST...it's a Krell and Bryston meld system.....knew you'd love this ear....you may want to check with cluless, she has a B&K 7250 which never ran hot and always sounded excellent...when it lived in Texas, I think she's pretty happy with it as well.

Yeah Krell, that would mean the $1200 allocated for new hockey equipment, the new projector, new tv forthe family, SBS PB2ultra upgrade, new snowboard and boots, hockey trip, new airconditioner for the condo in florida, trip tothe bahamas, and new laptop would all be put on hold for the Krell.

That my friends it a little too much sacrifice. I am thinking the parasound A51 is in my future. The hafler will go in my 2 channel set up.

thanks for all the input.

Ear you not that big of a snob9.gif

arthurs,

A Krell/Bryston combination! A sure winner,with the 100lbs baby Krell driving the mains the 6BSST should have all the juice to drive the remaining speakers. 1.gif

Well my teenage FPB600 at 180lbs can deliver over 1200W RMS per channel,a real spark of life to kick the Contour 3.3's into fifth gear. 9.gif

Celeste MOON deliver the goods to the center and sourrounds,no power starvation here.

And what about my quad RF7's,powered by ATI's 2505 and 1505.9.gif lashing out Ht with a vengance.

Its a wonderful world,the world of high power amps,and with a BIG Krell you can drive a brick to high SPL levels with no sweat.HE HE

bruinsrme,

I try to be as neutral as possible,but all the sub bass probably moved a few brain cells and shaked them too much.

14.gif

You better watch out too, your twin PB2-Plus subs can dish some mean street SPL.