Holy cow. Finally!

Griffinator

We moved into the new house this weekend, and while we're far from done, it's so damned nice to know that the next housing payment I make will be a MORTGAGE payment, not a RENT payment!

It really is a nice little place - a few issues with the basement (making my studio and the home theater room a "lot to do before this happens" type of situation) but overall, we didn't do too badly for $50,000.

Best of all, our monthly expenses dropped $130 a month (PITI is $265, where our rent at the other place was $395!) so in a few short months (after getting back to work and catching up on all the bills we fell behind on) I'll have more money for GEAR! (6 SF3's and a KSW-12 are first on my list!)

Right now, exhaustion is starting set in - we closed on the house Friday afternoon, spent Friday night cleaning up the place, all day Saturday and Sunday moving stuff, all day Monday and Tuesday cleaning the old place, and every spare minute furiously unpacking - we're both pretty much shot at this point. At least we should be pretty much done by the time I go in for back surgery next Thursday.

Whew. It's good to be in a place I can call my own, finally.

Cheers!

Griff

HOME DEPOT is gonna love you....they love all new home owners.....

HEHEHE I went thought his last year from one house to another.....

Had to fix it up...heck still am....but it is all fun...

Enjoy and wait until tax time and you get to deduct the interest too.,.....makes for bigger return which means buy more stuff......

You really DO want that GT3 don't you? You've mentioned it quite a bit! What are the specs for it? I was only aware of the GT1 and GT2, where the GT2 is near 1 million, altho the GT1 seemed to have faster 0-60 and quarter mile times as reported from Car and Driver. Personally, my next car will be (and I'm dreaming here, like you) a ZO6 Corvette...but the ultimate goal is a Lamborghini Murcielago.

Congrats on the house purchase.

I bought a one bedroom condo in the spring after renting crummy places for decades. Even though the mortgage and assessments are cutting into speaker buying, it is a responsible financial move.

It was the right thing to do for both of us.

I have to take a look at taxes too.

This place was put up in 1975 and the walls and ceiling are thick concrete. I can't hear the neighboors at all. So maybe the volume can be notched up.

Best,

Gil

----------------

On 10/3/2003 8:21:12 PM lynnm wrote:

Congratulations!

It is lovely knowing that your monthly costs are going toward your own future. In addition having your own place gives you a lot more freedom.

I am happy for you.

----------------

The best part is knowing that, if I play my cards right, I'll have this place paid off in 9 years. Then no one will get my money every month (except the phone company - gotta have this damned internet connection 9.gif )

----------------

On 10/3/2003 9:09:23 AM Griffinator wrote:

Best of all, our monthly expenses dropped $130 a month (PITI is $265, where our rent at the other place was $395!) so in a few short months (after getting back to work and catching up on all the bills we fell behind on) I'll have more money for
GEAR
! (6 SF3's and a KSW-12 are first on my list!)

Griff

----------------

Dang! I wish my house paymenet were "only" $265! I just refinanced mine from a 30-year at 7.5% to a 15 year at 4.75%, which means I am still paying about the same $780/month, but I am now 10-years closer to getting this place paid off.

Yeah, owning your own place is nice. Yeah, there is hassle of having to maintain the place (were as before, if the toilet was broke - call the land lord, if a window needed replacing - call the land lord. Now, if something needed repainting - well - get the paint and brush...) Welcome to the great land of home-ownership. I only rented a place for about 2 1/2 year before I bought my own house. As of the 1st of November, I'll be in this house for 8 years.

I'll have to take a day and drive out your way to visit you. 1.gif

Yeah, really, where do you guys live! LOL. Mine is just over a $1000 a month, it sux0rs. But it was that or spend $550 - 600 month on apartment. Though it is quite a difference, I knew I would just blow that extra money if I had it anyways. I'm on a very tight, strict budget but I agree with above in that I'm definitely investing in my future. wUrd :).

Griff

Congrats on the house. Was just telling the wife the other day once the economy picks us I want to buy 80 acres or so out in the boonies. Use it now for hunting etc, then sell or give it to my kids to sell once it is part of the city.

Easy, look over on my side of town, There are still houses here in the Sussex area in the $90 - 100K range. Then you could be closer to Boomac and me!

I just re financed my home that is just over a year old. The apraisal was $200K more than I built the house for!!! A house 300 SQ feet smaller with hardly any brick on the street next to me just sold for $175K more than I built mine for. INSANE!!! Like I could EVER afford that.

Ratboy, get the house before the car. Very smart. If I wanted to mortgage myself the the hilt I could take that $200K and get some real fun toys. No Thankyou, I think I want to sleep at night instead.

JM