KSP-C6 Center Channel

PKuziel

I personally think that is a fair price. I am unsure as to what it cost new, but I don't think that you overpaid. With Academy's going in the $500 - $600 range lately and even the very rare KV-4 drawing $400 or more if you can even find one. I certainly don't think $250 was high for a center channel of that caliber. The seamless front stage that you will experience with the matching center to your KSP-400's should put a smile on your face once it is in place and then you will certainly be pleased with your decision.

I think it's a fair price, too, for a mint condition piece. As you probably know, the C6 is the same speaker (same components) as the 400, sans the sub. As Charles points out, the front stage will be seamless. Good score!

fini

Now if I can convince the @#*$&@#! Ummmm. errrrrr Sorry I mean, now if I can convince the wife that it was a good buy. As you can probally tell that I have already taken ALOT of heat over my purchase. I hope your wives are more in tune with your audio / speaker obsessions. Hopefully I will be able to locate a decent pair of KSP-S6's.

As a budget alternative to the S6's, you could do as I did: Get the KSF-S5's. Not an exact sonic match, but pretty close. They're a bit less efficient than the S6's, so you will probably end up turning up the volume on the rear channels. I saw a set of the KSF-S5's on eBay yesterday. They should go for about what you paid for the C6.

Two eBay auctions:

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052137794&category=14996

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052389947&category=14996

fini

O.K. I authorized Pay Pal to pay for the KSP-C6. Unfortunatly due to the pending holiday the seller wont get his money till the 16th of October! Now I hope he ships the speaker and not a box of bricks! lol

P.S A note to first time Paypal users:

I used Paypal for the first time today, I wish they would tell you that you dont have to add money to your account if your checking account has already been verified. I transfered the money to Paypal in a slightly higher amount than what I needed to pay the seller. Then I authorized payment for the speaker and the bastards proceeded to draw that amount out of my checking account in addition to the amount that I had already transfered to my Paypal account! I called Paypal and they told me there is nothing they can do about it! So I called the bank and had them put a stop payment on it. Good thing they were 2 different ammounts, They stopped the transfer of funds to my Paypal account but will let the payment to the seller proceed.

So I have to pay 15 bucks for them to stop the payment for my obvious stupidity. Wait till the wife hears about this....... anyone got a room for rent?!?!?!?

----------------

On 10/9/2003 11:36:46 AM PKuziel wrote:

Now if I can convince the @#*$&@#! Ummmm. errrrrr Sorry I mean, now if I can convince the wife that it was a good buy. As you can probally tell that I have already taken ALOT of heat over my purchase. I hope your wives are more in tune with your audio / speaker obsessions. Hopefully I will be able to locate a decent pair of KSP-S6's.

----------------

Hello:

I took the time to call my local Klipsch dealer - Rowe Photographic, Audio and Video. The reply to your first question is yes, you did get a good deal. They are very good and I trust their comments or opinions.

Win dodger

It was better to stop payment. If I had let it take the amount out and then transfered it back I woould of bounced several checks. I start bouncing checks and I will be looking for a place to live. So I had them stop payment and now only the amount for the purchase will be taken out.

Sounds like a good buy.

I haven't used PayPal in a few months, and I'm not a power user by any means, but I could transfer money from my checking to my PayPal account on the same day for free, as well as transfer funds from PayPal to checking for free. Unless things have changed that much in a couple months, you should have been able to do the same! (Or can't because he's a new user?)

Problem is that it does not transfer immediatly from your checking account to Paypal. It takes 3-4 business days to transfer. So I would have had to wait 3-4 days for it to transfer then transfer it back to my checking and waiting another 3-4 days for it to appear. So I would have had this money in limbo and bouncing checks waiting for it to post. Better off stopping payment and incurring the 15 dollar charge then go thru the hassle.

I agree with what Doug said you should be able to make the transfer but will take a few days. I have had great luck with Pay Pal and will keep using them in the future.

I have purchased a new C6 for $279 and bought two used ones for $150 and $200 shipped which i think were steals.

Hope you're enjoying the $279 C-6 Dave. It took me 3 months and $340 to find another one. BTW, my buddy is enjoying the $380 S-6's I bought for you. The white one's actually look better on the wall than the black.

Keith