1957 Klipschorn Corner Horn Set

marcusg123

I have a very urgent need, for a very urgent question -

My grandfather had a Klipschorn corner horn set built for him in 1957 and they were left to me after his death about six years ago.

My wife and I recently purchased a new home and I have lost the battle to move them again. They have tremendous sentimental value to me and frankly I don't want to toss them as I assume they have value and someone like me might enjoy these. They're tremendous, but I just don't have the room anymore.

They are in great working order and sound amazing to this day - but due to constant cross country moving - they're a bit scratched but are sill in amazing condition considering what they've been through over the years, having been shipped and moved at least 15 times. They still look and sound great in spite of it all.

Please give me some ideas on what I can do with these? The clock is ticking.

If anyone would be interested in making an honest offer on these - please send it to gilmanmark@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

I'd love to have them, but I don't know where I'd put them! I don't have a warehouse like Tony Reed!

Ebay and audiogon.com are actually good places to sell them. Shipping can be done with moving companies or maybe Forward Air.

• 1 month later...

Hello and welcome,

Thanks for asking.

Every once and a while, when an intriguing concept rolls through my head, I decide to slip it into my signature.

The current one is taken from Bell's Theorem.

(Reality must be non-local) :)

As a matter of curiosity, i've been studying the many facets of physics in relation to audio.

It's led me down several paths.

Quantum mechanics being one of the more interesting ones.

As such, my name Audioreality combines the best of both worlds.IMO.

(Particle interaction within a waveform dictates non-local realities)

....or at least that's my theory at this moment. :)

In learning things like non-separability and space-time individuation in quantum mechanics, i've come to appreciate the works of Mr. Bell.

No doubt about it.

He thought outside of the box.

I totally respect that.

Quantum physics, acoustics, Psychoacoustics, and thermodynamics are quickly becoming a major passion of mine.

While conceptually easy to understand, the actual math behind it is daunting at best.

It all started when I asked one simple question.

How does that speaker actually work?

Sigh.

It's been crazy since then.

Regards,

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 10/22/2003 10:23:34 AM marcusg123 wrote:

I'll take any sane offer. The problem is I live in Michigan and don't have a clue as how to ship them.

----------------

Michigan, Eh? I'm from Walker, and I have $98 (Hey, what more do you want from a broke 15-year old?)

As for the sane part...Oh well...2.gif