My Klipsch 5.1 Ultra Review DONE!

Swerv

"What I ment to say, is that in 5 years, the bridge will gap even closer."

what happen to the "In the next 5 years...I'm willing to bet they collide at hell-binding impact."? quite a strong statement don't you think...why the tone down all of the sudden? perhaps, you've come to the realization of your silliness comparing apples to oranges...

"I willing to bet if SVS really wanted to, they could build a $5-10,000 dollar sub (Whats Krell MRS retail, over $20,000?) that would match or destroy the MRS."

why haven't they? its really a simple question, you know...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander,

Well these people did read what others wrote,that is about it.As a Krell FPB owner and PROUD OWNER may I add,I heard alot of garbage postd about Krell by ignorants who had no first hand(ear) experience with the gear!

LOL

I post about subs because I own 16 of them,and many many more are comming.So I speak from REAL experience too many adapt some BS from the net.If FACT I have more experience with various subs then ANYONE beside the guys at Adire and SVS on this forum.I trust you have good sub experience too Highlander.

Any youngster can call himself a ME TOO,flash news they own so little gear and tested so little subs they know only what others think and adapt these stories.Pathetic

I respect knowledge and loath repeated to nauseum BS

And more...

Today YES TODAY I picked up a MegaWorks 510D(I dont like the ported 550D sub)and will pick up in the comming week the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra(they received 10 sets).I will compare them to my other subs.

As good as the 5.1Ultra is its a great MM sub but not a great film and music sub for a large system.

I'll post news..and pics 1.gif So no punk can second guess by saying I invent(the usual crap from low end doubters).

----------------

On 11/1/2003 6:44:36 PM TheEAR wrote:

"There quite a few DIY subs in the Net that will match and even surpass that Krell."

Sorry but in its size and built quality NOTHING matches the MRS.It takes no genius to desiggn a huge sub,using huge woofers with a big outboard amp to out blast a MRS.But it will be much larger and quality lower.

I tested and auditioned so many subs most reviewers dont have as much ears and hand s on experience.And there is NOTHING right now on the market that can compete in an equal size with the MRS.Its the most power per cubic inch save for the Sunfire Mark IV and Signature.

The B4-Plus is larger,the Everest is much larger.The MRS outperforms ANY sub its size,PROVE ME WRONG.

I Zero,

Nobody can build a sub that will destroy the MRS in the same size class.NOBODY

The MRS uses heavy duty TC Sounds 15" woofers with a 3" max travel(per woofer) in the best,most inert,most solid cabinet found on earth.Plus the amp powering this beast ANIHALATES any QCS,Keiga,name the POS powering the competition...

Its a Krell 2600W RMS MONSTER,and if any ME TOO WANNABE punk builds a better amp Dan will build one based on the MRA(a beast capable of 16KW RMS!).

Krell amps outgun ANY COMPETITION,ANYONE.

If Dan wanted he could ask the other Dan of Adire to design a Tumult beating 18" XBL and the works and power them with a Master Reference class amp(s).Your point is not a real point.

----------------

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH ears you ALWAYS bring up the size issue when someone says they can build something out performing the Krell MRS. am I the only one that thinks if you are willing to spend 30 grand on a sub you also have the room to house some huge beast? and yes it would be EXCEDINGLY easy to build something that could CRUSH the krell, it might not be aluminum, but you could have a custom cabnit made with a very high quality birds eye finish, use 4 adire audio tumults, and even one of krells FPB monoblocks for it, and still be under the budget of the MRS. it might not be small and aluminum, but if I spend 30 grand on a sub it damn well better be unbeatable, and at that price the MRS is FAR from it.

"If Dan wanted he could ask the other Dan of Adire to design a Tumult beating 18" XBL and the works and power them with a Master Reference class amp(s).Your point is not a real point."

and if bill gates wanted to I'm sure he could buy out both companies, and still have plenty of money left over to build a subwoofer with a 30 foot cone, 30 ton magnet, 200 kilowatt amp, and an enclosure made of 10 foot thick titanium. your contradiction is not a real contradictoin 3.gif

Size counts,do you live in a castle? NO

So size does matter

I say the MRS cannot be surpassed in a big way in its size class. 1.gif Dan could no doubt design a sub for less using the Tumults and outperform the MRS...in a much larger package.No big deal there

And thank you for using a Krell amp(the best made)to power your imaginary sub. 9.gif

A proud Krell FPB owner

"and yes it would be EXCEDINGLY easy to build something that could CRUSH the krell, it might not be aluminum, but you could have a custom cabnit made with a very high quality birds eye finish, use 4 adire audio tumults"

I am sorry prodj, if you know anything about subwoofer design at all, its NOT just about how big the driver is or how many drivers you use...and no wood cabinet can match solid aluminum, period!

your point doesn't prove anything...

JLL,

LOL

Yes I know,I did read these trusty reviews from award winning audio critics.These people live in sub stardard housing,fail to pay the rent on time and get eviction notices often.

When the electricity is cut they dream about good gear and being rich.Or they post glmourous reviews about gear they can never own,unless they win the jackpot at the grand national lotto.

Most audio review postsers work in llow paid jobs and own B0$e gear with mass market all in one systems.PMPO branded

Still funny to read what these highly placed people have to say

you obviously don't know anything about subwoofer design if you don't think a subwoofer can't be good unless it is made of aluminum. hmmm, B&W's nautilus series uses wood....ear's aerial SW-12 uses wood, damn, they must be garbage. excellent bracing and stiffness can be acomplished using just wood-ask the majority of todays leading speaker manufacturers. sure, aluminum might do it better, but to what degree? .0005 percent less THD? the sound won't be audibly different. also, aside from the fact that wood is wwwwwwwayyyy cheaper then aluminum to machine and craft, it is also easier to dampen. aluminum has very poor acoustic charactaristics on it's own, so you need to throw even more money into dampening it. and lastly, I personally prefer the looks of rosewood or birds eye finish to a dull, gray aluminum clad box.

oh, and ears, the man with 16 subs, you're saying even if you cleared out allllllll of those subwoofers, you still don't ahve room for something using 4 tumults? please! 5.gif

----------------

On 11/1/2003 7:05:35 PM TheEAR wrote:

Size counts,do you live in a castle? NO

So size does matter

I say the MRS cannot be surpassed in a big way in its size class.
1.gif
Dan could no doubt design a sub for less using the Tumults and outperform the MRS...in a much larger package.No big deal there

----------------

The Ear is right, it's not too hard to outperform the Krell MRS if you don't mind large subwoofers. I'd bet my dual vented AV15's would outperform the Krell MRS and I spent ~$1k after amps and eq. The kicker is I'm willing to accept two 18" sonotubes that are ~71" tall each, not too many people will allow that in their rooms. If my goal was to out do the Krell MRS with size in mind, I'd probably do dual isobaric pairs of LT'd Tumults powered with 2" MDF walls powered by a higher end Crown amp and I'd probably be around the $5K mark.

The Aerial SW12 sounds as good as the MRS,to say the Aerial's cainet is limiting the woofers performance is not knowing how solid a top flight braced MDF cabinet be.

What is true is even very rich want "compact" gear that can be hidden or at least not dominate the room.Not a question they are out of space.

Frankie,

There is much more to some than just SPL,built quality,unique product helps the MRS stand out.The MRS has more output you would ever use and still its compact and its overall quality is unmatched by any DIY you see online.

I will not buy a MRS,unless I win big and have money to burn.First I am getting a few SVS,Avoustic Visions,Paradigm Signature and new Reference subs.And maybe one or two Earthquake 15" equipped cubes.

I am after quality and SPL,did I say SPL I will never use.

1.gif

Sure if I was the prince of some oil producing country then I would get four MRS subs,and four of each top ten sub made.But being a poor chap I have to content with 16 subs for now.9.gif

Ok back on topic here , you're comparing a sub with an MSRP of $28,000 USD to a multimedia sub costing $about 200

Seriously though, for those of you that want the best sub in the multimedia market, this one is a no brainer and stands head and shoulders above the rest, including the original 5.1 sub.

Just who started to compare them and pit the PM5.1Ultra sub against HT subs? WHO And claimed soon both will colide!

Seriously the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1Ultra bass section is the finest under $500. YES

Heard it and I can certify that.Second comes the Cambridge 510D sealed sub in quality and third the Logitech Z680 when all is set good.

I agree lets keep both feet on planet earth.

Sure sure sure

krell big piece of metal can be marvellous, but it is not made by god (as lowerlander believes). If no one has designed something like it is because no body cares. I will say it again, there are several subs than can match and best the krell overhyped metallic lunch box. Bigger? yes, most of them, but heck a lot of people have the space to have any size of sub, why on earth should they want to pay so much money for such an ugly box? it might be small for the performance (which, by the way, I DOUBT, no body has reviewed and measured the claimed 120dB at 20hz) but again, it can be matched and surpassed, just like anything else in the world.

To design a sub one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist (its not a ferrari for crying out loud), it is fairly easy to design even a good one, the physics involved are well known, there are drivers (like the Tumult) that can match (or maybe surpass) the ones on the mrs, there are lots of ways to design and make an strong cabinet, etc.

As a last point, this thread is for a MM sub, who asked or wanted to know anything about the mrs?

4.gif

Highlander to innovazero's argument, there are several different tiers of HT equipment, not everyone can afford $60k+ HT setups you know 2.gif

As it is, the high end MM on pc is a niche market. I have to agree, that MM is going in that direction, how long it will take to get there? Who knows 5, 10, heck maybe in 20 years from now, then again can you not imagine the perfect all in one entertainment pc system,

giant screen

titanic hardrive

true hi fi speakers

true hi fi soundcard

100 percent compatibility etc..

That would be amazing, Eventually one day we will get there or close to it - without having to spend upwards of $50k to get a excellent experience.

I'm not the one who brought the Krell into this, not many people can buy that thing. So obviously there are several levels of HT. You just didn't understand the "dynamics" in my statement. More and more are MM getting compared to HT, right...thank you. Nobody said it would equal it. But being that the Ultra is as good as it is now, my point in saying taht in 5 years, MM will be much more impressive..and ceratinly challenge a lot of the smaller HT systems. Nobody said it would meet or destroy HT.