For Sale: KLF20's/C-7/RF3 II's

jazman

I've finally decided to downsize my HT setup and would like to sell the items I've listed.

KLF20's in Medium Oak

C-7 in Black

RS3 II's in Black

Non smoking, non pet environment, no dings, no dents, no scratches. I take good care of my equipment. I can't seem to locate where I stashed the box for the C-7, but have the other two shipping boxes. This is a "fair sale", not a "fire sale".

Those interested should send an email inquiry.

Thanks

Klipsch out

PS. I recently edited this For Sale post. I had a typo error. The last item should have read RS-3 II, not RF-3 II. My humble apologies to all who were misled.15.gif

----------------

On 10/31/2003 1:04:36 PM love_hertz wrote:

why downsizing? what will you go with after you sell this? curiuos?

----------------

love_hertz,

I hope I don't get flamed on this, but I've come to the conclusion that HT sound quality is not as critical as 2 channel listening. I'm going back to my prior setup using KG 4.2's for front L&R, KSP C-6 center, KSF S-5 surrounds, 2nd pair of KG 4.2's to fill in. I use two subs which will remain in place, a KSW 12 and KSW 15. There really isn't serious fall off in dynamics with the old setup. We normally view no more than two movies a week. My 2 channel SET system is in play EVERY day. My HT system does not see any serious duty for 2 channel listening other than an occasional CD. Dish provides enough music stations for family room casual listening.

I hope I have not upset anyone with my "downgrade" plan, but it is still an ALL Klipsch speaker system.

Klipsch out.

Why not use the C-7 with the 4.2's and sell the C-6. I have a C-6 that I use with other Synergy Premiere speakers. I had and sold a C-7 along with a pair of KG5.5's. The C-6 seems to sound more refined than the C-7 to my ears. Does the C-7 match the 4.2's well? Just wondering.

Keith

----------------

On 10/31/2003 4:26:58 PM T2K wrote:

Why not use the C-7 with the 4.2's and sell the C-6. I have a C-6 that I use with other Synergy Premiere speakers. I had and sold a C-7 along with a pair of KG5.5's. The C-6 seems to sound more refined than the C-7 to my ears. Does the C-7 match the 4.2's well? Just wondering.

Keith

----------------

Kieth,

I don't think I ever used the C-7 with the 4.2's simply because I know it's a match for the 20's and some Heritage if you can't get an Academy, depending of course on your room accoustics, etc. I definitely like the C-6 with the 4.2's, even better than the KG2.2,(I've had 2 of them) that is supposed to be their match.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 10/31/2003 4:40:24 PM Craig6519 wrote:

Jazman where are you located and how much are you asking for the 20's?

Craig

----------------

Craig,

I'm in the San Francisco Bay area, Antioch to be specific. I'm still not real set on the price yet, not enough research. If interested, send me an email and see what we work out.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 10/31/2003 7:38:02 PM cdsang wrote:

How much for the RF-3II?

CD

----------------

CD,

Believe it or not, I really don't know. Just send me an offer via email for what you think they are worth. You may be surprised that I accept. I'm playing softball, not hardball.

e_long@sbcglobal.net

Klipsch out.

Thanks for the info Jazman. I remember the C-7 overplayed my 5.5's even when properly adjusted. Must have been that Legend midrange. No problems with center channel dialogue though! The C-6 is a smooth operator. It disappears in my HT setup. The fact that the two lines sound so much different to me prompted my question. Thanks again for your reply.

Keith

Wow Edmond, I had no idea you had all that stuff piled over there -- and KLF-20s too! I would love to hear your thoughts on the 20's compared to the Belles and Klipschorns. Have you even been remotely tempted to slide those 20's in with the Moondogs just for a listen?

I can't find the manual for the Cary, and I've looked pretty hard. Did Bob say he never got one? If so, then that means it's here somewhere, and I'll keep looking.

----------------

On 11/2/2003 10:27:55 AM DeanG wrote:

Wow Edmond, I had no idea you had all that stuff piled over there -- and KLF-20s too! I would love to hear your thoughts on the 20's compared to the Belles and Klipschorns. Have you even been remotely tempted to slide those 20's in with the Moondogs just for a listen?

I can't find the manual for the Cary, and I've looked pretty hard. Did Bob say he never got one? If so, then that means it's here somewhere, and I'll keep looking.

----------------

Dean,

Now you see why I sold my Cornwalls, and I still have a pair of Hereseys. Believe it or not, I've never paired the KLF20's and the Moondogs, but of course I did with the Cornwalls. It get's to be too much work to move speakers the size of Cornwalls, and Belles around. I'm still hustling for garage space to park my Belles now that I have the Khorns. Eventually I know I must part with the Belles.

The KLF20 is a very, very, nice speaker, I prefer them with tubes over SS, which I'm sure is not news to you. I have powered them with my HF81, which certainly could make many not need to go any further. They are tough to part with as are all my floor standing Klipsch, but I really need to back off the ultimate "audio quest" journey after so many years, regain sanity along with floor and garage space in my home. The KLF20's are very dynamic in the HT also.

Klipsch out.

PS. Does anyone want to buy a Yamaha RX-V795?(I've got too many HT receivers as well)