I Hate Apartment Living!

NIUHuskies

I have had my speaker equipment for about two weeks now and have already received three noise violations. This is ridiculous. The first I considered reasonable - It was on the first day that I had all the equipment together and was putting it all to the test. The second two violations however - completely unwarranted! I was listening to music at a volume that I would listen to if I had a number of people over socializing background noise. I I dont know what. Ugh. Im just so frustrated sorry all, I just had to vent.

Hey man you're preaching to the choir here...3 times cops called on me. And like you, the first time was warranted: just got my SVS and was demoing Star Wars Ep. 1 pod race scene. But the other two were very unnecessary. Oh well, such is the disadvantage of multi-family dwellings. I truly hate not being able to cut loose and jam but that's just the way it is.

Belive it or not I have my two systems in an apartament,avery solid building,thick concrete all around.So I can blast like a maniac and nobody cares,besides below me live people who also like to listen LOUD and I was never assaulted by any unwanted sounds and shaking of the floor.

So when peeps claim their subs shake a concrete floor...LOL

I'm glad that my sister-in-law owns the apartment that my girlfriend and I rent, and that it is her daughters that live in the downstairs ( mainfloor ). Only once have they asked to have it turned down, as it was way too loud. But, I had told them not to hesitate, tell me if it's too loud, etc. Also, they have loud parties often late at night, and they get retribution when they try to sleep off the hangover! Let them fall asleep to Megadeth at 8:00 am!

Yep. Be a total prick about anything your McGruff the crime dog does. Talking too loud in the hall. Violation. Clanging dishes. Go *****.

----------------

On 11/6/2003 9:12:00 PM Maron Horonzak wrote:

Huskes.....Next time the neighbers flush a toilet complane & insist THEY get a noise violation. Dont back down.

----------------

Well, it doesn't always stop with a house. The EXACT SAME DAY I got my JBL 4638, the neighbors boyfriend comes over and asks me to try to cool it a bit, in a nice way. Says his girlfriend has headaches and trouble sleeping (awe boo hoo). He would of crapped his pants if he saw what I was unpacking behind the door. It was probably my fault blasting that thing all hours of the night, but I had only been in my house a short time and wanted to get crazy. Must have sounded like an earthquake in her bedroom. Anyway, after 3 visits by Juan Law I get a call at work saying I'm going to court! I talked to the Det. and talked it down to a fine and paid it at the police station. My neighborhood is normal size lots, no zero lot lines, so I don't understand how that bass was getting into her house. One of the cops kept repeating, "the bass, the bass". The JBL definately does not go subsonic, but the neighbor must have heard things I never have. Anyway, I compromised on playing hours, and all is cool so far. I still can't wait to see that For Sale sale in her front yard though.

----------------

On 11/7/2003 8:21:14 PM space_cowboy wrote:

Well, it doesn't always stop with a house. The EXACT SAME DAY I got my JBL 4638, the neighbors boyfriend comes over and asks me to try to cool it a bit, in a nice way.

----------------

No doubt! I got the cops called on me once because I appearntly was playing a friggan set of ProMedia V2.400s to loud (of all things!)6.gif. Now granted, it was like 3 in the morning during the summer and I had my windows opened and appearently who ever called the cops on me did to. I never did find out who it was, though. I am guessing it was the nieghbors that where directly across the street. However, I have never had anybody call the cops on me since, and I have blasted my Refernce 7 system fairly loudly sometimes pretty late at night. Part of it could be that the people directly across the street has moved out since that time.

In my old apt a guy moved in below me and would bang on my floor for nothing. My dog dropped a rubber kong from his mouth and when it hit the floor buddy started banging. Same kind of stuff would happen when we would have people over for dinner; this freak would bang on my floor. I could understand if it was the middle of the night or something but it never was. My wife would never let me go down and speak to him when he would do this because she knows what Im like when I'm mad and most people around here are packing heat in their homes for security. Anyway one afternoon I had some music on and it was only about 70 to 75dB because I measured after so it was not loud and was in the middle of the day. I was lifting weights at the time and he started banging which gave me such a fright that I almost had to dump 415lbs in my power rack which could of resulted in an injury to myself or damage to my apt so I was pretty freakin mad. I called the apt manager and faxed a written complaint as I knew it would only be a matter of time before he did the same but the banging continued. What really got him to piss off was 3 days later I got off work and had a lot of blood on my uniform so on my way up to my apt I decided to introduce myself to the new tenant. Some people tell me Im kind of intimidating anyway (part of the job) so I imagine being covered in a fair amount of blood would enhance the effect. After I introduced myself to the neighbor I told him that I was the one who put in a complaint against him and I did not want to hear him banging anymore in order to avoid any further problems. He agreed and I never heard any banging after that. The moral of the story is dont listen to your wife or anyone else just go get even. Now at the same time if you're playing loud music 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and someone makes a complaint well....duh!

CO1,

What do you do for a living? Butcher? Phlebotomist? Hit man? Surgeon? I will have to remember that "blood" technique.

In another house we lived in, I was on the other end of the loud sound complaining. New neighbors had a huge party w/ rap music blasting. We could mostly only hear the thumping bass (literally! we couldn't hear OUR music!). It was rattling OUR windows. Similar situation: young dude in small car w/big ol' thumpers thumping in his back seat, next to you at a stop sign. The bass probably isn't as loud to him as it is to those nearby (you know, LF wave length and all).

You might think about inviting the neighbors over for a demo of your system, letting them hear some of THEIR favorite music (or movies). Don't forget the blood, though.

fini

actually that's the best part! Our winters are really mild compared to most places on the east coast!! Alaska is so big, the climate is varied. Now, I wouldn't want to live in Barrow, mind you, but here we only get down to, say 20 above in the winter..rarely have I see it hit zero.

Besides, I'm in the warm music room relaxing!!

Good luck getting yer own place..you'll never go back to apartment living!!

Regards,

Steve

I don't want to say too much because anonymity affords me the opportunity to shoot my mouth off when work gets on my nerves but we're kind of like SWAT in prison and I also train staff on a regular basis. My mother always told me that I would end up in jail.9.gif Here is a pic of some friends of mine.

work.gif

post-3846-138192499783_thumb.gif