My audiophile 8 yearold!

AnalOg

Ok, my son says the system in his room sounds like crap, boy is he spoiled listening to mine. If all remember I set up some KSB 1.1's, kenwood amp, H/K t60 TT, and RCA CDP.

I have to concur he is right, those speakers bring out the worst in all components said. I am going to pick up one of those H/K 430's, does anyone one know a going price for one of these? I looked it up on ebay and came up with nothing sold as of current.

Tom

Yep I am starting my 2 year old girl off right, she has an Onkyo TX-906 A/V Prologic receiver, a DBX DX-5 CD Player with DAIR, a Pioneer CT-S88R Auto Reverse Cassette Deck, a 13" Slyvania TV/DVD, and a Sanyo VCR in her room with some decent Optimus PRO-X88AV Mini speakers with the 180 degree dispersion Lineaum tweeters.

Their is currently a Harmon Kardon 430 and the bigger 930 up for auction on eBay. I also just laid my hands on an older Sansui 350A receiver from the same era that is nice. Got it for free which is hard to beat!

I just built a new bedroom in the basement for my 14 year old son. He was in with his younger brother but is definitely ready for his own room, so the project.

He is now the proud owner of the 2 Ch. Denon/Heresy combo listed below.

We rigged up his portable CD and DVD players with power supplies and patch cords. The kid's in heaven. Of course I don't really care for all his music. But he does Zep, and Metallica sometimes. So not all bad.

I bought that particular pair of heresys off ebay over the summer because they were identical to the first pair of Klipsch I ever had. They image better than my corns and Las hands down. I never connected them to either Scott in fear that I would buy another one. We need food more.

Are we spoiling our kids too much?

RF3ii,,,,,,,,

The Average going price is about 50.00. I have had two 430's and each was 75.00,with shipping and in good condition, and no repair/rebuilding involved......... the

the bigger brother to this one is either the 730 or the 930..... Generally pricing for these have been in the 100.00 - 150.00 range..........

Good Luck.

Reminds me of my now thirty something daughter at eight playing Linda Ronstat on the Khorns herself and singing like a banshee. Believe it or not but I never lost a stylus due to carelessness by her. She now has an all Klipsch surround system with Fortes in front that she bought new for herself when she was a teenager.

Rick