That's it - I'm opening the Horns bar....

maxg

How about this joke:

This dog walks into a bar, He gets up on the bar stool and asks the bartender for a beer.

Well the bartender is stunned, He has never ever seen a talking dog before. So he gives the dog

a beer and after the dog finishes his beer the dog orders another. After a little while the bartender builds up enough nerve to talk to the dog. So the bartender asks the dog " So why have I not seen you in here before buddy?" The dog replies " Well I only drink when I am depressed". Well the bartender settles into his bartender routine and asks the dog what does he have to be depressed about. The dog replies that he was just made redundant and that he got layed off! The bartender says "Hey man don't worry I can get you a job in a minute!" So the bartender calls the local circus and asks the ringleader if he is interested in a talking dog. The ringleader is VERY interested and tells the bartender to send the dog down to the circus right away and he will hire him. So the bartender hangs up the phone and tells the dog that his problems are over and that he found him a job with the circus! The bartender tells the dog to get his tail down there right away. The dog sighs and tells the bartender " Thanks but the job is no good for me". The bartrender exclaims 'What do you mean the job is no good?!" The dog replies "Well I am an Electrician"!

hehehhee

A man and a woman were having a drink at the local bar. Their

waitress, taking another order at a table a few paces away noticed that

the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, with the

woman acting unconcerned.

The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out

of sight under the table. Still, the woman drinking across from him

appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her drinking companion had disappeared.

After the waitress finished taking the order, she came over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table."

The woman calmly looked up at her and replied firmly, "No he didn't.

He just walked in the door."

I thought about one this AM, but now that I'm back from lunch, how about a Tanguray and 7, with a lemon?

BTY, did you see those guys over in the corner with the hoods and black jackets? I thought I overheard em talking about some tubes with funky red diamonds on the base, but I must have misunderstood.

At least one of em has Very Good training in detective work, I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it. 9.gif

And I keep waiting to see what our barmaid is going to be wearing, or not, the next time I walk in the door. Thanks for the bar, seems like a nice spot to rest my elbows.

Glad to see its all going swimmingly on here.

I've been to an audio show that was fairly crap really but there were one or 2 highlights worth mentioning:

1. The Accuphase SACD player / 30W class A Acuphase Amp and KHorn Vs exactly the same minus the SACD plus a Basis front end (vinyl). SACD sounded better, but:

a/ It should - it cost $11,000 and something Vs. $2,500 for the basis.b/ The basis was not setup very well.

c/ His vinyl sucked big time.

Still I now know that SACD CAN play - but for this kind of money it remains strictly fantacy stuff...

2. The something or other Grand Utopia in a very big room with Krell amps and Krell SACD and and I cant remember.

Anyway was very big all round really and sounded good - but these speaks are $70,000 - and Krells aint cheap.

3. The Wilson something else - the follow on from the puppy - sounded nice but nothing to write home about (just here).

4. The Klipsch Rf one and a half or something - tiny tiny little speaker - the RF3 after tax but still floor standing - Dead cute standing there next to its daddy (RF7). Anyway I didnt get to listen to it for very long but my initial impressions were:

a/ It plays well above its size (I thought the RF5's were playing when I came in).

b/ Its wee woofers are blindingly quick.

c/ The little Horn seems a bit more rained in than usual - not necessarily a bad thing - and its priced reasonably here - which must mean its free with cornflakes over there.

Well that is all I can remember. I will edit this thing tomorrow when I sober up.

Night all - keep drinking!!!

We are always open - even if we have to write our replys on a handheld computer screen using Graffiti.

It is a pity some of the other members arent putting their energies into something healthy like drinking.

Hopefully some of the winners will pop in once thex have mopped the blood up!