Factory assembled Welbornelabs DRD 45s on Audiogon

Kudret

he is obviously selling them because he runs cone speaks or has a big listneing room or likes techno LOUD...I can only think of a few speakers you could use those with...klipschorns being one...anything else and you end up selling them in two weeks. I have no doubt the amp is great but requires the right environment and matching compoenents. tony

"It takes a hell of a set of efficient speakers to be satisfied with 1 watt !"

I know they always say "it's in the first watt". But with a 1.8 "whopping" watt per amp, it's going to take an ULTRA efficiency pair of horns to handle even small ensembles. Or not?

----------------

On 11/26/2003 1:54:25 PM neo33 wrote:

I know they always say "it's in the first watt". But with a 1.8 "whopping" watt per amp, it's going to take an ULTRA efficiency pair of horns to handle even small ensembles. Or not?

----------------

I lived with one stereo 45 amp for a while (mainly as a back up amp) and found myself limited. A 45 amp is too low for my listening habit. Sir Parrot definitively would not like.

Unless you have a small room and high efficiency speakers allowing me to have a near field listening position, you may be better to stay away from any 45 amp. Others might disagree.

These were sold the first day!

The reason the guy listed for selling was for financial reasons. -- Sure he needed money to buy the amp that he decided that he really wanted9.gif

You can find anything on Audiogon, that is what is crazy about this hobby. It's where I picked up my Moondogs! I called the guy and he had upgraded to Wavelength Amps at something like 8 Grand a Pair!

Neo33,

I have sold things on Audiogon before, and if I remember correctly, I had the option of deleting my ad. There was a 'Sale Pending' notice on those DRD45's within 12 hours - I believe someone on Audio Asylum picked them up.

Erik likes the DRD2A3's - better order yourself a pair. - I knew that they would be winners!2.gif