Best $500 Receiver for HT?????

slowjoe24

It would be best to listen to all you can but the two I can really recommend are HK 525,Denon 3802,these would be the best quality for your budget,imo.These are not the newest models but offer real sound quality and 95+% of features vs.all the latest features in an under powered avr,again imo.

I had been looking for it like 2weeks ago(same budget). My choices were Denon AVR3802, HK AVR525 and Pioneer Elite 43TX. And I ended up with Elite 9.gif . I'm very satisfied with my purchase and I just love my Elite9.gif .

Try to do some research about them and see which one you'd like to get

hmm, if i were going to buy a 500 dollar receiever, all i would care about is the feature. The sound of a $300 receiver and a $500 receiver would sound pretty close in perfomance, if not, just a tad bit better. For me, i just went and got the panasonic. It was $150 and sounds pretty decent. If i were you, i go with the Denon 2803 or the Pioneer *forgot the model number, but it cost 500*

anyways, do you know what kind of speakers you would be using?

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to go buy them on Friday!

All Klipsch:

Frt.- RF-35's

Cnt.- RC-35

Sur.- RCR-5's

Sub.- RW-12

I have never had an Elite Pioneer.....but they looks cool! Can you still buy the VSX-43 TX at any retail stores? I have seen them on e-bay.

I have considered doing the same set-up with the RF-7's for the fronts with no Sub. Any thoughts? I worry about the Rec. having to work overtime to produce the needed BASS for the good DVD's. My room is approx. 18 x 19 with a 9ft. flat ceiling.

Also, currently have a RCA-52" TV.......I want to do the HDTV switch soon

Bottom line..................I'm just ready to buy some Klipsch speakers!!9.gif

In general, I would look for used, where you can get more for your money than new, and weight, where all other things being equal, the heavier unit will be better built and may have sturdier components. Take at least two home to compare them side by side and borrow a friend's unit also. The more you compare, the better you will hear the differences....2.gif

i think you would want a better reciecer for your reference speakers. Although the Rf's dont require tremendous power, it is pretty accurate sounding. So if ya receicer makes just an average joe sound, the RF won't be sounding its best.

are you considering to spend a lil more on the receiver, have you tried looking at the JVC DP10K??? The model number might be a lil off, but its average cost is a one K i think. A pretty decent amp, and might i add, pretty dang heavy also, for what you pay for.

----------------

On 11/27/2003 11:55:33 PM slowjoe24 wrote:

Where did you get the Pioneer in that price range???

----------------

I bought it from mydigitaluniverse.com ...... ended up around 530 with shipping comes with 2year warranty. You also can check out about ebay, there's one shop located in NY with $460..... poor me i'm living in Long Island that I had to pay the tax if i buy from that shop, otherwise I'd pick it.

At that price point that would be outlaw audio but they disconinued the av receiver. So you could pick it up used at a better price. Or go with a refurbished nad definetely wouldn't be dissapointed their. I went through the same thing and ended up with the onkyo 501 cannot be beat for under 500 dollars. Iv'e looked for about two years. Onkyo 65 watts will out perform denon 80 watts. when it comes to clearity and output. That is to say with their entry level models. But if you have five hundred bones try to pick up a nad receiver refurbished their twenty five watt amp would probally out perform any of the mentioned receivers. That will be my next upgrade. Basically its the onkyo entry , outlaw audio and nad refurbished mid level, arcam diva 100 best. Happy hunting and these are just my opionions from the millions of reviews iv'e read and some personal listening. Also denon is very good but for how little one could have and onkyo it's just amazing. 1.gif

Dont forget a 500 dollar Best Buy receiver doesnt compare with a 500 dollar receiver on ebay. A new or used ebay receiver is like 1000 or 1200 new in a store. A 500 dollar Pioneer Elite receiver on ebay will kick the pants off a 500 best buy Yamaha or anything else.

Thats my personal experience with several receivers and my feelings majorly lean towards the Elites. They are clean and rock.

----------------

On 11/29/2003 9:22:17 PM Vavoline wrote:

Jonathan is right on here. I got an Elite VSX24TXi that was like new, box, manual, remote,...the works. Found it for $150.00!

It is not state of the art, but with 90 WPC, it will blow your sox off with Klipsch!

----------------

Yea older model rocks for budget limited 9.gif . I got my Elite 43TX @ $500 and it's doing really well(turned on like 14hours and didn't stop the music or films more than 5minutes today 9.gif )