Insurance Companies SUCK!

PKuziel

Yes this is a rant so bare with me. For those who have been following the trials and tribulations I have been going through since the power companies power surge destroyed a speaker and a perfectly good intergrated amplifier of mine. I have been in contact with Union Mutual of Vermont (DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY) and talk about getting jerked around! Klipsch repaired my amplifier section of my KSP-400 free of charge even though it was 3 years out of warranty but yet I had to badger the crap out of them to send me some documentation for the insurance company to prove to the insurance company that a power surge damaged the amplifier section! I really hate having to break stones especially since Klipsch bent over backwards already to help me out. This should of been handled by the insurance company and NOT me! Now the insurance company is breaking my stones about the amplifier that also blew up. My contention is that in 1991 I paid over 400.00 bucks on a Denon PMA-560 Intergrated Class A output amplifier. To replace this amp with somthing comparable would cost over a 1000.00 dollars. The intergrated amp most comparable to what I have from Denon is the PMA-2000 Mk IV. The insurrance company wants to replace it with a 269.00 piece of crap intergrated reciever from Denon DRA-395. And to add insult to injury, this adjuster insists on calling me at home at 2:00pm rather than at work, even though I have told him over and over that I work untill 5:00pm and by the time I get home the insurrance company is closed! So it is constant phone tag! I have requested this jerk to call me here at work with his supervisor so we can put this thing to bed once and for all! These insurrance companies love to take your money but when it comes down to paying out they nickle and dime you to death!

SCREW THEM ALL! I have had it!

Thanks for letting me rant, I feel much better.

Insurance Company = For Profit9.gif

I have dealt with these companies for years on many different claims. Many times I will replace an item myself so as not to hassle and eventially raise my rates.

An Example, Lightening caused about $3,000 of damaged to many electronic items in my home several years ago. I walked into the insurance comapny and told them I have heard they do not pay claims very well and have only heard horror stories about such, which was true.

The agent smiled and asked me to give her an estimated cost to replace , which I did, and she wrote me a check minus my deductable. WOW THIS IS GREAT...I HAVE A GREAT COMPANY!!!

Now my home owners bill is several hundred dollars more per year. In fact the house we currently live in is valued at about 50% of a house we own in Richmond and my insurance is twice as high as the insurance on that home.

If I live long enough I'm sure I will pay many times for that item.

It has gotten so bd in the corporate world that we pay some potential claims out of pocket so as to keep our insurance affordable.

Fortunantly and unfortunantly we live in a "for profit" world.

Sorry, I know this does not help you except for you to know that your not alone.

Insurance companies are sharks who profit from others loss.They can say whatever BS they want,sugar coat a large turd with the best chocolate and it still smells in the end when you get to the core of things.

Many insurance companies executives and board of directors should be in jail to pay for the well crafted and disguised "legal" lies.

But NO the system we live in protects these slimes.

Guest Anonymous

14.gif insurance company's combined with attorney's are the Worst of ALL Worlds, I have had numerous thefts at my business including a large breakin last year and by the time all was said. the insurance company paid hteir attourney's, I paid my attorneys and I had enough to eat at burger king to show for it. well over 110k in out of pocket.

They both are the cockroaches of society!!!8.gif

I don't have any horror stories thank God, but I know where you all are coming from. I have always felt that it's a scam.

A CoWorkers father in law is an insurance agent. He was telling me just two days ago how they will give good agents outrageously lavish vacations for free. Places like Europe, Hiwaii ect.. People who bairly have a college education are making friggen huge amounst of money for doing little...

I looked at him square in the eye and asked, rather than be so fruitless with all that extra money, why don't they do the right thing and give some of it back to good folks, or lower costs. He just shut right up.

But it's not just insurance companies. It's corporate. There is so much f'ing greed in corporate land. I understand that companies need to make profit, that is totally acceptable, what I am talking about is pure greed. Bigwigs who would rather lay people off than to give up there fat bonus' or lavish vacations...

yeah it really has a tendancy to enrage people. There really needs to be a way to monitor corps and keep them in check. It's so sad when good employees who bust their butts for companies get the shaft becuse some *** in a huge office playing with his toy putter and golf balls does not want to sacrifice is own greedy ways.

----------------

On 12/5/2003 12:50:02 PM TheEAR wrote:

Insurance companies are sharks who profit from others loss.They can say whatever BS they want,sugar coat a large turd with the best chocolate and it still smells in the end when you get to the core of things.

----------------

Like I heard once before - it seems like Insurance is like a condom. I guess it is supposed to protect you while you're getting F^(!ed.

A firend owns his own business that was recently burglarized. The burglar got $11,000 of merchandise. It will take months to get the insurance company to pay up. The "adjuster" will attempt to adjust his claim to half of the actual loss. He was victimized twice; the insurance company and the burglar are on the same level IMO.

Bill

Hell...if ya want to know the extent of the greed, all you have to do is go to any major city and look at the name on the top of the tallest buildings. You won't see Wal Mart or McDonalds or Krispy Kreme. Oh noooo...it will be Mass Mutual, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, Cigna, etc.

Personally, I think we need some kinda insurance to protect us from the loss of payout from our insurance companies.

SAY WHAT??? 9.gif7.gif

Tom

I have a great insurance company believe it or not. AMICA out of Rhode Island. They are of a different breed. I could give you many examples but you'll have to trust me. You pay a little more but it's worth every penny.

Give them a call and tell them you were referred by Gary Powers (I think they throw me a bone for that). 1-800 242-6422.

They've always been there for me and I've never had to argue over a claim. They just pay it. I know most of the claims people and they're all extremely nice.

I hate dealing with other companies. They all seem like shrks compared to what I'm used to.

I'll try to keep this short

I've been off of work for the past few months with a herniated disk L5 S1. I was at work and tried to lift something that I should not have.

I had been regularly attending physical therapy and steadily improving.

Just in the last 2 weeks I have been totally cut off of all benefits from my workers compensation (insurance company). I have been caught up in the middle between my orthopedic surgeon and this insurance company. He refused to send them any progress reports because he said they have failed to pay him up to this point. My physical therapist has been regularly sending weekly or biweekly updates. This was not good enough for them. By the way my insurance company picked this particular doctor for me.

The insurance company sent me to an "independent evaluation" by one of their doctors. His report came back that I was indeed still injured severely enough that I could not return to work even with restrictions. He did say (in his professional opinion) that this may very well have been and existing condition, which is BS.

The only injury I have ever had is a sprained ankle back in high school football.

Now I am sitting here without a job or income and without the ability to return to work or find a new job.

I have hired an attorney (hopefully scum can help me defeat worse scum) but I have to wait 5 weeks for a pre-trial and then 60 days for a trial.

Insurance companies are not at the top of my list of most liked entities

----------------

On 12/5/2003 3:48:19 PM PKuziel wrote:

I called them and they said they never heard of you?!?!?! Well anyhow I have them sending me out some information. Thanks for the tip

----------------

Must have been someone new.2.gif Actually, I don't talk to the underwriters too often since I've been with them almost 30 years. My family longer. I hope it works out for you. I don't know if they cover the whole country but it's worth a try. Good luck.

In June the sewer line under my house was cracked. My insurance company paid 9000.00 to repair and reroute my sewer line. I made one phone call to the insurance company and my adjuster called me many times. The check took about two weeks to get here. My plumbing contractor did the work and also installed a new water heater and dishwasher at no cost to me. In September my policy expired and my insurance company chose to pull out of Texas. My new policy would not have covered this loss. I think that I came out ahead.

Had a lightning strike a summer ago and lost two computers, one receiver, two tvs and a few other small electrical items. Yea, I had to have the tvs and the receiver checked out but that was all and I had a check for replacement cost within 3 weeks. Covered everything less the deductible. Most, not all, insurance companies will pay what your policy covers. The agents, who are paid quite well, need to be able to explain policy issues better but then again, how many of us ask about the small print? Read your policy and know what they are obligated to pay. They sometimes, get screwed on the big liability stuff and therefore, need to scrimp elsewhere and they will try to short change you. That is not a statement to defend them but rather a point of fact. I too have had a couple tough dealings with them but I also learned that a couple of lawyers can turn a $5K claim into a $35K claim in the blink of an eye; and that's small potatos. Sorry about your experience. Since we all need the crap, find a good quality professional agent that can defend his company or companies.