Smillin's 1967 Cornwall's

NOSValves

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's a pair of Cornwalls in Santa Rosa, CA on eBay right now."

Fini, I saw that and I am thinking hard. From the photo, they don't seem to have binding posts but only metal screw-ins. Do Cornwalls come original like that? Also they don't go down as low as the Forte. They are larger then the Fortes and may pose a placement problem in my small room.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/11/2003 2:59:32 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Has anyone ever placed the vert CW's on some kind of stand? or were they only designed to be used as floorstanders?
----------------

Guy, I have never seen the verts with stands, but I'm shure it would not inhibit the sound quality, probably make it a little better!! I would like to know also6.gif

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

Neo

----------------

On 12/11/2003 3:39:20 PM neo33 wrote:

"There's a pair of Cornwalls in Santa Rosa, CA on eBay right now."

Fini, I saw that and I am thinking hard. From the photo, they don't seem to have binding posts but only metal screw-ins. Do Cornwalls come original like that? Also they don't go down as low as the Forte. They are larger then the Fortes and may pose a placement problem in my small room.
----------------

Neo,

Yes the older heritage line does not have speaker posts, only screws but Craig told me about a place to get connectors for the screwposts, and I just recieved them, now I can screw the connector into the backs of older heritage and use bannana plugs. The company name is Jay Tronics, part #45-282G, called home theater block type spade terminal to bannana jack. if you want the web site let me know2.gif

Hope this helps, I know this game of not being shure of what you want, so my suggestion is to BUY IT ALL11.gif And than sell what ya dont want6.gif

Smilin

I am not a fan of passive radiators unless done perfectly. I dont think they provide as quality a bass despite getting lower. Besides Neo, what music are you going to be listening to that gets down to 30hz? Based on your tastes, this wont be a main range. I would rather have more tuneful and realistic bass than BOOM deep one note bass.

Still, I have never hear the Forte so take that as you will. I like the fact that the CW are made of multiple ply, void free wood. I think the plywood is better for the tone of MDF. I know that speaker makes like Galante have the same versions in MDF and charge MUCH more for the plywood.

My CW are in a pretty small room but with more open area to the side. I need to measure again.

Also, lighter paper cone woofers tend to do better with SET. I dont know much about the Forte here.

The idea of SET with passive radiator is not my cup of tea but others hear like the combo.

kh

Kelly, your point is well taken and I will eventually have a pair of Cornwalls (perhaps your?). But for now, I will settle for the Fortes for this particular room. Beside, you can't do better then $500 for a mint pair and they're local and I don't have to worry about the shipping nightmare especially for a package this big.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/11/2003 4:11:22 PM neo33 wrote:

Kelly, your point is well taken and I will eventually have a pair of Cornwalls (perhaps your?). But for now, I will settle for the Fortes for this particular room. Beside, you can't do better then $500 for a mint pair and they're local and I don't have to worry about the shipping nightmare especially for a package this big.
----------------

Neo,

Let us all know whatcha think of the forte, but I will agree with Kelly, I love the cornwall's3.gif BTW if the Forte's need the adapter, I have extras and can send you a pair2.gif

On another note, in fact reguarding the 1967 verts in the photo's, Trey from the Forum tells me that the woofers are in fact the c15L of the period and ALL ORIGINAL(HOT DAMN I AM HAPPY)3.gif9.gif10.gif you guys had me worried I bought 67's with replaced woofers cause they had NO NIPPLES. So take your nipples and stick it!11.gif

Smilin and happy16.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/10/2003 11:45:53 AM mark1101 wrote:

Hey Craig,

You can send them to me if smilin' doesn't want them. They are identical to my '73s, just a little older.

Have you tried them with a 299?

----------------

Hey Mark,

Ya wanna sell your 73's for 900.002.gif3.gif9.gif

Smilin if you do

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/10/2003 10:30:17 PM Hallwalker wrote:

sorry while i was posting my girlfriend was walking by ..he he he the nipples yes ...those to me look like later woofers I have original alinco woofers in my 76s and they have nipples dunno might be wrong

----------------

hallwalker,

yes thanks be to god you Are wrong and everything now is perfect with these verts, the woofer is original as per Trey from Klipsch, and I am Smilin once more!9.gif3.gif2.gif

----------------

On 12/12/2003 12:48:24 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

sorry while i was posting my girlfriend was walking by ..he he he the nipples yes ...those to me look like later woofers I have original alinco woofers in my 76s and they have nipples dunno might be wrong

----------------

hallwalker,

yes thanks be to god you Are wrong and everything now is perfect with these verts, the woofer is original as per Trey from Klipsch, and I am Smilin once more!
9.gif3.gif2.gif

----------------

Glad to hear that you've verified you have OEM there Smilin. You seem to be in a better mood after yesterdays headache with that lame auction.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/12/2003 1:03:49 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

hallwalker,

yes thanks be to god you Are wrong and everything now is perfect with these verts, the woofer is original as per Trey from Klipsch, and I am Smilin once more!
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif">
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif">
----------------
Glad to hear that you've verified you have OEM there Smilin. You seem to be in a better mood after yesterdays headache with that lame auction.

----------------

Ya man I am but I am gettung vveerrryyyy sleepy, II've only been getting around 3 hours a night and my eyes are killing me from the friggin internet!

11.gif

----------------

On 12/12/2003 1:07:42 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 12/12/2003 1:03:49 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

hallwalker,

9.gif"3.gif"2.gif"

----------------

----------------

Ya man I am but I am gettung vveerrryyyy sleepy, II've only been getting around 3 hours a night and my eyes are killing me from the friggin internet!

11.gif

----------------

Get some sleep Smilin. You have some 75 CW's to snipe later.

2.gif

Smilin,

If you are serious I would consider discussing trading away the '73 verts for something comparable from your emerging cornwall museum. Perhaps we could also talk about something from your new NOSValved Scott collection as well.

It will be hard to part with my trusty '73s. We've been through allot together.

Hint: Zebra, LK-72, Zebra, LK-72, Zebra, LK-72.

Let me know, or email.

8.gif9.gif8.gif9.gif8.gif9.gif11.gif11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/16/2003 3:56:27 PM mark1101 wrote:

Hey Smilin'

Since your on a wheelin' roll, I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country that you can substitute for the vaults. It will get your corns and rebuild amps home in comfort.......
6.gif
----------------

Hey Mark,

I really really would appreciate if you would pickup a couple of tings for me, I'll pay the gas, tolls, and food/reststops6.gif3.gif2.gif As long as ya end up at my place w/in 72 hours we can celebrate when ya get here?

Thanks and GET IN THE CAR NOW!

Smilin and wishin you couldDELIVER2.gif