Klipsch Outdoors

mark1101

I mentioned in another thread that Max started, that the best I ever heard LaScalas sound was outdoors at a long distance listening position (like 100 yards).

Bear in mind this was a big party and someone had some decent equipment. Once it got dark out, the sound was magnificent. The horns had the room to project and open up to their full potential.

I have always liked taking my Klipsch outdoors. There is something special about that live concert sound outside. Over the years, this is one of things I've enjoyed most, their outdoor performance abilities. How damn good they sound as you get further away from them.

Does anyone else have any comments about using their Klipsch outside? Whether it is by the pool or on the porch or blasting into a field.

This past summer I had my LaScalas at my girlfriend's father's lake. He has a 6-7 acre man made lake on a 200 acre farm. A nice party set up. We had one in the back of my van and one in the field about 100 feet away on a pallet. It was one hell of a 4th of July party.

C'mon, I know it's the wrong time of year with winter on its way in, but what are some of all your results and comments about the horns out of doors?9.gif9.gif9.gif

I friend of mine was going to have a House warming bash late this summer and I was going to haul my Lascalas over for the event. But as usual the projects to get his new abode up to snuff ended up delaying the party till next summer. Time will tell ! I bet they do indeed sound awesome outdoors.

Back in the late 70's early eighty's, we used to take a pair of Las & a Phase Linear 400/4000 combo up Tilden Park & set them out on the grass at the Brazilian Room & have an all-day party. This became a monthly event.

They sounded awesome, & could be heard for miles all through the canyon, even up to the golf course. Hundreds of people would stop by, & we never received a single complaint from anyone.

When I worked at Klipsch and lived in the country south of Emmet, AR, I had a keg party one spring day. I had a pair of LaScalas out behind the house running off my H/K 900+ quad receiver using the reel deck(Teac A2340-R) in stereo mode through the left & right front tape inputs, while the cassette deck ran into the left and right rear tape inputs...with Heresys in the living room playing a cassette simultaneously while the reel was pushing the LaScalas behind the house. The receiver was conservatively rated at 32 watts RMS max output into 8 ohms, four channels driven. The volume was never cranked even up to high noon all that day, but on Monday, when I got to work, one of the Klipsch employees came up to me and said, How was the party at your place on Saturday?" "We had a great time," I said. Then he asked,"Were those Scalawags you had outside behind your house?" I said "Yes, did the sound bother you any?" He said, "Oh, no...I kinda figured they were...I went out behind the house on the patio, heard em, and got a pitcher of iced tea and pulled up a chair and listened to the free music for a few hours...sure sounded great!"

Keep in mind...he lived about a mile and a half or more "as the crow flies", directly behind my house...with a slight rise and fall of the land between us...so that his house wasn't visible across the fields from mine. He was ALSO a strict old-time country music and gospel fan...and I was playing rock on the LaScalas out back that day!! 2.gif

Yes...LaScalas make GREAT outside speakers...but you ain't heard nuthin' til you have heard MCM 1900's outside!! 2.gif

This is a recent event for my daughter. She had a BBQ at her school, & wanted some music. Funny part was, we could not find any power within reach on my 50' cord, so I ran a power inverter off the truck battery. It ran reasonably loud for about 2 hours with no problem.

Im0082882.jpg