My home theater

chambers1517

I new sub is in order for sure..the ksw15 looks like a quintet under those monster.. other than looks nice...the rears are huge main I wich I had those for mains. They are my favorite in the heritage line very clean looking

NIce

chambers, first qman befuddles me with his La Scala "front efects" now you have them as your rear surrounds. Man you guys know how to make us poor folks who use them as our "Main" speakers just sit here in a puddle of drool.

Awesome set up!!!!!

6.gif

Wow another awesome system that somehow I missed the first time around!! I would tend to agree with the statement that perhaps the surrounds are toe'd in a bit to much, however every room is different. I suggest that you pop in a DVD that you are very familiar with and play around with the angles if that is possible to do. It can't hurt and you may find that a different arrangement works better for you.

Laters,

Jeff

Nice setup. You just gave me an idea for our basement theater. Everything looks nice and I'll bet sounds even better. I agree with you and The Ear about your sub. How did you mask the edges of your screen?

David

I am running the crossover to the khorns at 60hz and the lascalas set at 80. This seems high but with my test disc gives the best response. With music really cranked the subs run out of steam long before the rest of the speakers. With the gunfire on Master and Commander I was getting about 119db with the volume set at 11'oclock and the subs were distressing.

I missed this the first time around. Glad to see another full Heritage home theater person on the Forum.

I cross my main channel Klipschorns and center channel Klipschorn at 40 Hz. One Pair of rear LaScala's at 60Hz and my second rear speakers the Jensen Imperials cabinets full range. My son sometimes sets the front three to crossover at 60Hz on the Outlaw ICBM bass manager and then sets it to recombine. This just about brings the house down. This recombine setting sends a signal to the mains and the sub from every speaker that isn't set to full range.

I'm in the process of doing some changes, but we should compare notes once in a while.

Your rear LaScala's look like they are set up fine for SACD's and DVD-Audio. They might be too direct for movies. We can discuss this later if you like. You could try setting them up so you can rotate them. Face them towards you for music and into the corner for movies. This is why I went to two pairs in the rear aimed in different directions. Have to run. Before I leave, I must say nice job, and one of my next moves has to be a speaker behind a screen like you. My center is above a RPTV.

You mentioned that you have 5 scalas, 2 khorns and 2 ksw's. From the photos and your description all I've firgured out is that there are 2 scalas and 2 ksw's in the rear and 2 khorns in the front and a scala behind the screen. Hmmm ... that totals 3 scalas, 2 khorns and 2 ksw's .... where did the 4th and 5th scalas go to? Can't seem to figure them out anywhere from the photos. 1.gif

• 2 months later...