Linda Ronstadt - Nelson Riddle - HF-81 - Klipschorns

Tom Mobley

Holy Cow. This is nice. Been a long time since I listened to this disc. Now, it's an instant favorite. geez, what a voice. This shows off everything good about the tubes-Khorns deal. Well recorded, killer sax stuff, female voice to die for. This brings out a strong point of Khorns, musical bass. This disc has some cool string bass stuff, some guy and a stand-up double bass. This bass is on the other side of the world from the usual thump-thump junk. Actual notes with attack, decay. Stuff like this is why I went and got those Khorns. Did I mention the absolutely liquid trumpet riffs?

Does stuff like this make it all worthwhile? Yes it does. I've got a lot of time and effort tied up in this stuff, but there is a payoff.

Tom

In the sounds great on Khorns Dept:

I was listening to Liz Story's "Foolish Heart" this morning. She is accompanied by Joel DiBartolo on acoustic bass and it is fabulously mellow and present.

Interesting story, my wife and I have been listening to Liz Story in the morning with coffee for the better part of 20 years. Our daughters always groaned that it was old peoples music. Well, now our oldest daughter who is a college jr. in engineering school now listens to Liz Story while she studies in the dorm. I wouldn't have known it, except for some missing CD's (along with most of my Beatles collection) and she owned up to it with a sheepish look on her face!1.gif

This conjurs up memories of my daughter at seven and eight years old cranking up the Khorns with Linda Ronstadt dancing and singing at the top of her lungs. Boy do I wish I had a video camera back then.

Beleive it or not even at that tender age she had full permission to use the stereo including the TT. She didn't break anything until she was in her teens when she broke a stylus and was terrified I'd yell at her. Shoot, I ruined more styli than she did so I just bought another.

Rick

Just in case some younger newbies to young to remember?

THE EAGLES were Lindas back up band. Get The Eagles "When Hell Freezes Over," for another treat!! Incredible DVD.

Linda was at the fore front of the women in rock n roll movement. Her later in Spanish cd's are also incredible long before the wave of "good" Spanish classics music finally coming to the USA.

Between Linda and Ann and Nancy Wilson with the group "Heart", they ruled the late 70's as far as I am concerned.