Yamaha lets Klipsch speakers to their thing and Denon does not.

Pistol Pete

"ha ha ha ! What do you buy all your crap at Goodwill?"

another POS poster with mediocre equipment trying to slam someone else....

LOL

hey pete.... i hear they are looking for people to start a yamaha forum..... oh .. wait a minute... the idea was cancelled to due a lack of interest....

mmmmm...i really expected more from someone with "5 years of experience in HT".....

LOL

btw.... it's spelled "anemic"....

I can't figure out why someone would even start a thread like this!

Denon, Yamaha, HK, and so on and so on. Who cares!

Everyone has different tastes. For all we know, we might all hear something different.

Be happy with what you have and don't put anyone else down.

I think this forum is great. Let's keep it that way.

Happy Holidays! 1.gif

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I am no audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought my first decent receiver this year from Hi-Fi Buys. I was comparing a Denon, Pioneer Elite, and Yamaha receiver (don't have the model numbers). The prices were around $2500 for the Denon, $1000 for the Pioneer, and $850 for the Yamaha. The Pioneer absolutely blew the Denon away while listening to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in the THX Cinema setting. Then the Yamaha sounded excellent in stereo while playing a CD, the Pioneer not as well (although it was in "direct stereo" mode where you could not adjust the settings), and the Denon didn't sound nearly as well as the other two.

From my personal (although extremely limited) experience, the Denon receivers seem very over-priced, and the Yamaha receivers do put out an excellent sound. Yamaha has always made excellent amps, in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

"Poor misguided soul is just trying to justify his purchase of the wrong receiver for his Klipsch speakers. I hope he feels better. Denon laid back, what a laugh, I think a hearing test is in order. Want a demonstration of killer sound c'mon over I'll send you home with your tail between your legs! Oh by the way Happy Holidays to you too!

Can't really say which is better, which is more accurate. I may change my mind when I get older / my ears are cleaned out / the weather changes...etc.

It's all about individual preference. I will never attempt to shove my little old Yamaha up anyones butt, it as well as any other system out there just might sound like crap to that person. I think everyone here has read a review on gear by a "professional" that they totally disagreed with. I like brunettes where you like blondes... either way is GREAT! Go listen for YOURSELF............

Later

ha ha ha ! What do you buy all your crap at Goodwill?

Pete, how did you guess? However I left the RF's and the Yammi receiver for you to buy. The AVR-3300 is from my bedroom system. I got rid of my AVR-4800 and bought a B&K Ref 50 that I did not like and I am waiting for my NAD T163 Pre/Pro to come in if you must know. Whatsa a matter don't like a little poke? You can dish it out but can't take it huh? Boo Hoo. I have nothing against Yamaha at all, I think that they make an excellent product and have for years but what you need to understand is that it is all a matter of personal preference. But if you want to put that puny setup of your against mine, bring it on baby, prepare to be dessimated!"

Didn't we just get spanked over this kind of stuff with a threat to shut down the forum as a consequence???????

Hmm, if this thread stays around for a little longer, we will be sending each other Christmas congratulations all over again ...:)

As for the topic of this thread, my take on it is that Klipsch speakers are so good, there is no brand of receivers that can keep them from doing their thing ..:)

You should listen to an Arcam I havent' hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahah. And Merry Christmas hohoho. Not to knock yammys but it is very well known that the more processing and dsps you have or the more anything you have the worst the amp sounds, and that goes for guitar amps to. The only time i heard a yammy receiver was hooked up to bose speakers. It was pretty good but didn't have volume. That probally was do to the bose. But then again i heard the same speakers hooked up to a sony and it had much more oomph. the yammy had better clarity and accuracy. Nothing to put in a Christmas card and write home about. Onkyo now they have that kind of clarity with sheer power. However if you like Yammy that is cool everyone has their own opinion and i respect that. Unless it is a flat out lie.