Yamaha lets Klipsch speakers to their thing and Denon does not.

Pistol Pete

The title was supposed to read:

Yamaha lets Klipsch speakers do their thing and Denon does not.

Lots of Yamaha bashing going on around and I figured it was time Denon got some.

I have been in the HT side of things for 5 or so years , my very first "serious" HT receiver was a Denon AVR-3300. At the time I was using some Paradigm Monitor series speakers which were already enemic souding as it it.

If you like Denon just buy a Yamaha and throw a thick comforter over your Klipsch speakers, you'll be all set. 9.gif

what he meant was.............if you want denon sound quality:

1.buy a yamaha amp to power the Klipshes.

2.Then put a big cloth covering the speaker drivers.

anyways........denons sound really neutral, not too bright, not too laid back. I heard them with Vienna Acoustic Beethovens, and it sounded great. But if i got those speakers, i would opt for something else.

4000 for a 5803 is ridiculous and so is 3000 for the RX-V9. Rather get the marantz SR9200 for the money. Hell, i rather buy the older and cheaper SR-18.

I think what he is trying to say is, if you buy a Yammi, which seems to be designed to compensate a bit for lesser speakers that have marginal tweeters (like their own) you will need to surpress the high end when driving accurate speakers like the Klipsch. If you don't then the shrill high end will seem a bit harsh and overly critical!

As for myself, I would prefer the accuracy and warmth of the Denon.9.gif

Poor misguided soul is just trying to justify his purchase of the wrong receiver for his Klipsch speakers. I hope he feels better. Denon laid back, what a laugh, I think a hearing test is in order. Want a demonstration of killer sound c'mon over I'll send you home with your tail between your legs! Oh by the way Happy Holidays to you too!

Can't really say which is better, which is more accurate. I may change my mind when I get older / my ears are cleaned out / the weather changes...etc.

It's all about individual preference. I will never attempt to shove my little old Yamaha up anyones butt, it as well as any other system out there just might sound like crap to that person. I think everyone here has read a review on gear by a "professional" that they totally disagreed with. I like brunettes where you like blondes... either way is GREAT!3.gif Go listen for YOURSELF............

Later

Mike (The Yamaha / Hsu Underdog)

Home Theater System

Sony KP-43T70 43" High Definition Rear Projection Television

Denon AVR-3300 A/V Receiver used as Preamp/Processor

DBX BX-1 Reference Configurable Power Amplifier '88 Klipschorn's (OO) (Mains), '78 La Scala (BR) (Center)

DBX BX-3MkII Configurable Power Amplifier - '62 Vertical Cornwall II's (WO)(Rears) & '89 Heresy IIs (WO) (Rear Centers/Effects)

DBX BX-3MkII Configurable Power Amplifier - Kicker S15L5 DVC Subwoofer

Velodyne F1500R Servo Drive Subwoofer w/remote

Nakamichi DVD-10 DVD/LCD/CD Player

DBX DX-5 Audiophile CD Player w/DAIR

Technics SL-DL5 DD Linear Tracking Turntable w/Shure Cartridge & Stylus

JVC HR-S7500U S-VHS Hi-Fi Video Cassette Recorder

RCA DRD-485RG Dolby Digital Satellite Receiver

DBX 400XG Program Route Selector

DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Electronic Crossover

DBX 3BX-DS 3-Band Dynamic Range Controller (2) 1-L, 1-R

DBX 14/10 14-Band Computerized Equalizer/Analyzer/RTA/SPL Meter

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner

>>>>>>>

ha ha ha ! What do you buy all your crap at Goodwill?

Pete, how did you guess? However I left the RF's and the Yammi receiver for you to buy. The AVR-3300 is from my bedroom system. I got rid of my AVR-4800 and bought a B&K Ref 50 that I did not like and I am waiting for my NAD T163 Pre/Pro to come in if you must know. Whatsa a matter don't like a little poke? You can dish it out but can't take it huh? Boo Hoo. I have nothing against Yamaha at all, I think that they make an excellent product and have for years but what you need to understand is that it is all a matter of personal preference. But if you want to put that puny setup of your against mine, bring it on baby, prepare to be dessimated!

?????????

5.gif5.gif5.gif

Where do people like this come from? I mean, are they so bored and they've accomplished all there is to do in life that they sit around and say, "Jeez...I think I'll hit this BB and pop-off some. That'll make me happy."

Wow....amazing....simply amazing.

Oh - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 9.gif10.gif

Tom

Humm. What to say. How about to each his/her own. I'm not a pro nor do I profess to be, although I've been at it since before 8-track was the ultimate live forever format. While not poor, I don't have unlimited funds to keep buying/cycling hardware until I discover that which sounds best in my room. So, I read, listen to advice, listen to hardware, then buy, knowing the acoustics will be different in my own home. Well, I purchased a Denon 4802R and Klipsch RF35 system w/RW12 to go with my other older equipment. I can say that we are VERY happy with the Denon/Klipsch selection. In the end, that IS all that matters.

My only complaint with the 4802R is that it can't take an s-video input and covert it to component, etc. (input lines can only output to same type; i.e. RGB to RGB, S-Video/S-Video, Composite/Composite, Component/Component). Makes for extra wires.

Be at peace. I am. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!