Vinyl, Albums, 60's - 70's - 80's

WS65711

I hate to do it, but I just can't keep these any longer. I haven't had a working turntable in at least 12 years, and I don't have the space in my system to add one. I think the newest album on the list is Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction.

I have always been "into" audio since I was a child, and always kept my LP's in excellent shape. A few of these belonged to my wife, they are the ones listed as "Damaged Jacket" or "Name on Jacket". I can email pictures to serious buyers if necessary.

These LP's have not been played in the past 12-15 years, but have been kept inside the house (air-conditioned), and have been stored standing up (not laying flat). All I can say about warpage is that none were badly warped the last time they were played, but that's been a while!

I haven't attempted to put a price on these. Please pick out a few, a bunch, or all, and make a reasonable offer. Note that there are also few 7" (some 45RPM, some 33-1/3 RPM) included at the end of the list.

Email any questions or offers to WS65711_Vinyl@att.net. For reference, my Ebay ID is Crawfish$. I have perfect feedback. These albums will only be listed there if I'm unsuccessful here. The link to my current remaining Album List pdf file is provided below. An outdated txt file is included as an attachment to this post, but be sure to review the pdf file to see what I still have available.

Dave

http://www.members.cox.net/des70002/AlbumListSorted.pdf

AlbumListSorted.txt

Ok ya'll, I have had numerous responses to my post, with several asking for specific pricing and album condition. I also had a few (lowball) offers to purchase the whole nine yards.

After much (more) thought and consideration, I have come up with what I hope is a reasonable plan. I am proposing to sell these in lots, to make it easier to price, and easier to package and ship. A double album will count as two LP's and a triple album will count as three LP's.

Any 10 LP's - $50 plus $10 shipping (to Continental U.S.)

Any 25 LP's - $100 plus $15 shipping (to Continental U.S)

I hope this sounds reasonable, someone please let me know if it doesn't. I usually don't sell stuff, I generally throw it away or give it away. But these are too dear to me, even though I can't play 'em.

Regarding condition, I tried to convey that in my intial post. I always had open-reel tape, and dubbed my LP's to tape within the first few plays, and then the albums were seldom played again. They were never loaned out. My turntables were Dual and Phillips, with top notch Shure cartridges. I don't think anyone would be disappointed to own these albums.

I hope this thread doesn't go outside of the boundaries of what is acceptable in this forum . . .

Dave

Click for List

Thanks for the overwhelming response from this forum. You guys are Great!

I've been trying to be fair and respond to each enquiry in the sequence it was received. If you received no response, it was because when your name came up, the titles you wanted were gone. Or because I tried unsuccessfully to reach you. Or because I just plain screwed up (Sorry)!

Anyway I've tried to religiously keep the pdf file updated. It still contains 75 titles at the time of this posting. Many titles are very good albums (at least I liked them). All of them are in very good shape.

For those about to Rock (with Klipsch, at 33-1/3 RPM), I salute you!

Dave

Click for the pdf List

Too late for me, most of what you have left I already have...but somebody better grab up Uriah Heep's Sweet Freedom album...helluva album...very clean recording...with "Sweet Freedom" and "Stealin'" two of the best tracks this group ever laid down!

Is your Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivers album one of the early ones made in the first few weeks before the album recall after the plane crash?...with the flames still on the front of the cover?...If so, somebody better grab up that one quickly too! I already have one...bought it the first week it was on the stands!...about the only time you could get one with flames on the cover!

Hmmm, I didn't know anything about this. But yes, mine does have flames on the cover, the lyric sheet, and a tour schedule. The cover, vinyl, and inserts all appear in pristeen condition.

This is really a coincidence. Just last night I was telling someone that the most valuable album I ever owned (long gone now) was the Beatle's butcher baby "Yesterday and Today" album. Mine was a "pasteover" which I had removed the suitcase/trunk cover from, after hearing about the pasteover on the radio some months after I'd purchased the album. Unfortunately, a friend of a friend "borrowed" (without my knowledge) the album. I was probably about 13 at the time. I never saw my copy of that album again! That was about 37 years ago.

I guess I need to investigate "Street Survivors" more thoroughly, before a second valuable album slips away . . .

Dave

That tour schedule is the schedule of the tour they never really much more than started before the plane crash ended the rest of those tour dates. The "flame cover" version came out on the market about the same time they took off for that tour, and shortly after that tour began, the plane crash occurred...and within a week, those "flame" cover albums were recalled to be re-covered...the latter version having the pic from the rear of the cover replacing the flame pic on the front cover! All in all, the availability of that album in its original cover lasted less than three weeks, before the recall. I worked at Klipsch at the time, and I remember playing the new album one day after work and learning about the plane crash that evening on the news! A few days later the news did more coverage on the plane crash and mentioned the flames on the new album cover and how those albums had been recalled to replace the covers on them. I have no idea how many escaped the recall...it may have been millions...but it is a unique piece of rock history...likely much fewer of them around in good shape than there are of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's nude cover, which was simply "brown-bagged" and sold under the counter for many months!

HDRB -

Thanks for all the info . . .

I may have known all that once upon a time before my brain fell out, nowadays I'm lucky if I can remember WHO wanted WHICH album! Actually, I'm keeping all of the correspondence to help me keep track of that. It's a lot harder and much more work than I expected, too.

I really wish I had my original "Yesterday and Today" album. I had steamed off the suitcase/trunk cover, and then mine showed the butcher babies. That was just months after I got it. I don't remember when that album came out, but I was in the age range of 12-15 I'm sure. I wish I knew where to find that girl that has it . . .

GaryMD -

I've placed the "Street Survivors" LP into a holding bin right now, pending further review by the "officials".

But in consolation, you'll be glad to know that your copy of the "Live Peace in Toronto" LP comes with the 1970 John & Yoko calendar, in pristeen condition with no markings on it whatsoever. Any of my albums that came with items such as this originally, they're still in there - virtually untouched. Including any posters, booklets, special sleeves, etc.

Well, there is one exception - The Kiss "Love Gun". I remember playing with it quite a bit. But to the buyer of the Love Gun LP (if you're reading this), I'm pretty sure I still have it in a box that contains some other misc small items that I kept in my old entertainment center. If I have it, it will ship out with your LP.

Dave 4.gif