Wich amplifier for the RF35

ganja

Ganja,

I am not familiar with Thule products. The NAD c370 has gotten good reviews, like this one,

http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/633/

Price wise, the NAD is selling for around 600.00 (USD), whereas the Thules 60 is (999 usd), and the 100 is approx 1,195.oo (usd)...........................

. I guess looking at your Avatar- you are probably limited in choices for audio equipment, around where you live. Myself with those two choices, Id go with NAD.

I am sure others will chime in with many varied and new ideas................. Good Luck to you.

I run my RF3's which are very similar to the 3.5 with a Mad Scientist project of mine. Its basically a 30 watt EL34 based ube amp with a Scott 130 preamp. This produces some real sweet and punchy sound. Nice combination I've had the RF3's for a couple years and have rolled dozens of different amps on them this combo is the best they have ever sounded.

Craig

Ok I d ont have understand all your commentaries i m sorry...but i think too the c370 is a good price/performance but the treble is not too sweet?

If I choose a Nad the c370 is very better than the c350?

Thule is good too,i d ont know if you have thule in states?

With a lamp ampli the bass is ok?

It is really better than a transistor?

If you have another products better?

Thank you.

Tubes rule from the bass note to the top end dollar for dollar. There is no advantage to SS unless you spend some serious cheese. I had a Nad 402 here once and while it wasn't objectionable it sure couldn't even muster even close to the sound of a descent vintage integrated amp. While budget tube setups may not have the best of low end response what they do have sounds very good. Are they earth pounders ? Nope. But in reality what music really requires that? Maybe Rap

Tubes have a much better sound field

Tubes have a more natural tone

Tubes can be listened to for hours and hours without losing interest or suffering fatigue

All my statements are when comparing Budget SS to Budget tube systems. Of coarse you can slap down a ton of cheese on SS and get great sound.

Craig

----------------

On 1/3/2004 6:23:51 PM NOSValves wrote:

Ben,

Sharp catch there I wasn't thining that he wouldn't have a clue about are American slangs !

Cheers Craig

----------------

Yeah, the Swiss probably only know about Swiss cheese!

----------------

On 1/3/2004 6:48:24 PM larryclare wrote:

----------------

On 1/3/2004 6:23:51 PM NOSValves wrote:

Ben,

Sharp catch there I wasn't thining that he wouldn't have a clue about are American slangs !

Cheers Craig

----------------

Yeah, the Swiss probably only know about Swiss cheese!

----------------

LOL! And pocket knives!

Ganja, My friend,

In case it is a NAD you are going for. go for the C320BEE. The C350 and C370 are only bigger bro's with more power which you will never ever use. (this is a 98db speaker that you have !!)

Even with the C320BEE (50W) you will not be going above 20 % of the power without being deaf for life !!!!

IMHO for that price range NAD matches very well with Klipsch as they are warm by nature and once they break in sound very smooth yet punchy.

One tip..Remove the metal connector between the Pream/Power amp section in the Int Amp and put in any decent interconnect...also Biwire the RF-35's you will notice a definite improvement...

All my statements are when comparing Budget SS to Budget tube systems. Of coarse you can slap down a ton of cheese on SS and get great sound.

Craig

----------------

Hmm Craig, for all you know Cheese on an Amp might actuially be the discovery of a new tweak....

I can almost hear reviewers statements

"increased Soundstage" " I fell out of my seat" "Tight Kicking Bass" "I could swear she was right there singing for me" etc etc Blah Blah..

9.gif