A Bose story

cdsang

Well, I decided to goto a mall about a 30 min drive just to see whats there. I had some decent money to blow and looking around. I see these letters really big that looked very familier that shocked me. A sign that said BOSE on it. I was thinking."a bose store?". I can't belive there is a store with just Bose in it. Well, just for the fun of it I walk in, they ask me if I needed any help and me and a friend of mine say were just looking. Well, we walk alittle bit farther and I see this room that has a projection screen and what I wasn't sure if those were bookshelf speakers or what. They asked me if I wanted to listen and just for the heck of it I said yes. So I sit down and the guy tells me stuff about it pushes a button, tells me he has a surprise for me after the film and leaves. So me and my friend were laughting at some of the stuff they said on the little film. Well in a part of the film they remove parts showing these small cubes, left right and center and there "sub". Well, as much as the system sucked I think they did better. Also the cubes are smaller. They probly have 1.5 inch woofers in them. Belive it or not, I entered a contest to win a whole lifestyle set and figured if I won I would just give them to my dad or sell for half the normal price. I was telling my friend, I can't belive there is a bose store. How many of you have seen these stores anyway.

CD

wow, how does ya klipsches sound with that small yamaha reciever??? I know it can power it, but you are missing alot out of them. just my 2c though. As long as you like the sound, then its all good.

oh yeah, i have a bose store too. Not bad of store. Great space and speaker arrangement. If they werent selling bose, it be a great audio store.

Tell the people at the Blose store you were cross shopping with the $108.87 all-in-one DVD/amp/speakers/sub home theater in a box from the Wal*Mart and you think the Wal*Mart system is better, but if they could match the price, you would do the Bose.

In Sun Valley Mall in the Bay Area, there was a Bose store.

I have one around here, everytime I look at it makes me sick.

Bose does not sound bad considering their size and when they are positioned correctly, however all things consider overall..they still suck and are INSANLY overpriced..then you have idiots running around going OMFG B03E R0X0RS Y0U4 B0X0RS!!

Gets annoying! 14.gif

Yes there is a bose store in a mall right by me. Anyways the whole store is acoustically engineered, and the small theater room you heard those small cubes in is indeed an acoustically engineered room. Even the paint on the walls in the store is a special type of sound proof paint. You can take a 50 dollar speaker that could compete with bose and they will sound fine in the engineered bose store. Bose speakers are indeed terrible and bose marketing is indeed ingenious.

Joe

----------------

On 1/5/2004 11:25:34 PM TheEAR wrote:

Why not a Klipsch/Aragon store 1.gif Or a Dynaudio/Krell store 9.gif

----------------

Hey, what's wrong with Bose? Paul Harvey says they're great!

2.gif

I've an interesting Bo$e tale to share - A good friend and his wife were interested in purchasing a Bose Wave Radio as a mutual Christmas gift. I just started reading these forums in mid-December with the purchase of my RW-12 sub (which is now complimented by an RC-25 and RS-25 surrounds, BTW) I'd read here about the Tivoli radio, so I mentioned it to my buddy and suggested he find a dealer and give it an audition. As soon as he heard one, he bought it! He loves the sound, thinking its better than a Wave Radio.

So, score 1 for Quality Audio, score 0 for Bo$e 1.gif

Up here in Canada, eh?, we are fortunate enough that no Bo$e stores have invaded our commercial retail space (in our igloos, eh?). But, as an amusing related side story, I can tell you that I went in to a local, decent, reputable audio/video store that sells low-end to high-end equipment. When shopping in there for my Reference system, I mentioned to the salesperson that I noticed that they sold Bo$e. To his embarassment, he admitted that they were a licensed dealer, but he does not even recommend any Bo$e products to costumers and sells them only when someone comes in and asks for them, usually b/c their father had a Bo$e. He even said that he felt uncomfortable selling them alongside other quality names like Denon, Klipsch, Pioneer, Sony, etc.

It's good to have Bo$e to kick around ...

Maybe it was CD's initial reference to "1.5 inch woofers?" 1.gif

-----------------------

Downstairs

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Mains: Klipsch RF3II

Center: Klipsch RF3II

Surrounds: Klipsch RS35

Left Rear: Klipsch RC35

Right Rear: Klipsch KLF-C7

SVS 20-39PCi

SVS PB2-ISD 10.gif

Upstairs

Yamaha RX-V1300

Mains, Center: Onkyo SKS-HT500

Surrounds: Axiom QS-8

HSU VTF-2

There is a Bose store in the basement of Marshall Fields on State Street here in Chicago.

The theater section was packed when I walked through and I didn't really like the sound coming out the door. And I was a bit afraid the Klipsch fan detector would identify me. If that ever got back to Hope and Indy, I might be excommunicated.

It is difficult not to reach the conclusion that a lot of money goes into the sizzle and little into the steak.

Gil