Congrats to whoever got the CW's that

st. patrick

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/8/2004 8:32:50 PM st. patrick wrote:

were listed on ebay. appear to have been one owner 75's in connecticut. i was the only bidder.....which seemed strange to me...but just got notified my bid was cancelled as the item was no longer available. I am starting to understand that the old saying..."all's fair in love and war" also applies to acquiring near mint cornwalls. seriously, i do not mean this post to sound like sour grapes.....but guys (and ladies), i already had my groundwork laid out to counter the inevitable flack (why buy something so old, they are just getting rid of it because it is old, new stuff- which must be better- is smaller, etc...you know what i mean) that was going to come from my spouse of 25 years: like the nice ring for Christmas, the anniversary gift a few days later, couple bottles of nice wine for the evening when they would suddenly appear, etc. timing is everything , i guess. you guys are killing me out here on the west coast. anyway, enjoy.....i gotta go bid on the other pair....patrick
2.gif12.gif10.gif
----------------st.patrick

I'm sure Iwill have some extra cornwalls in the very near future,let me know what you really want nad how much you want to spend

2.gif I am located in the chicago area so the only real issue is the packing and shipping, you would be best off buying local. I am having a pair of 72 verts shipped, if you want them instead let me klnow real soon16.gif and we can arrange to ship to you, I paid 857 plus packing/shipping/ins.

They look great11.gif Smilin out

email me and we can talk10.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like this guy pulled the same nonsense as the seller of the Cornwalls. I think it should be illegal to cancel/close an auction in the last few minutes. Why are people such idoits? If you expect a certain price for them why post them with no reserve and cancel in final moments that is absolute bullsh*t! I do not know why eBay even allows this it does not seem fair to bidders at all. Obviously, the guy has poor business ethics. Well I guess now is the time to contact him to sell what kind of deal that he may be open to. What a dork! 7.gif

content of ebay email to buybuy77:

buybuy77, you shouldn't have done that. you had no reserve and and viable bids. I'm thinking you pulled because it wasn't high enough and getting close to the end. this is not acceptable at ebay. If you want to offer them to the high bidder or me (tmoble) fine, otherwise I'm going to file a complaint about this with ebay.

gave him my work email to respond to.

Tom

well, I never heard from buybuy77, so I filed a complaint against him with ebay. It's called a "reserve fee avoidance complaint." I don't imagine they'll do anything to him, it was his first auction under that ID.

Still pisses me off. I wasn't the high bidder by a few cents, but I was attempting to put in a bid for another $20 and change when I discovered it was closed.

Oh well.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

Tom,

All around ebay seems to be sucking more and more, they seem to have 2 sets of standards, better for the sellers than the buyers. I bought a set of advertised circa 1960

cornwalls from a Live ebay auction with a 22% premium. they turned out to be 1977, not 1960 and they also needed work, This is gross misrepresentation and negligence. Ebay and the seller are still hassling me even though I provided proof that the speaker with that serial # could have only been manufacttured in 1977 and shipped to a particular store. How do I know? Trey looked it up in the archives, took about 10 days, talk about a great guy.

Bottom line Klipsch is GREAT, Ebay sucks!!!!

Smilin

Smilin, what did you pay a buyer's premium for? If these were the sellers personal speakers, there should be no buyer's premium, hence a possible additional misrepresentation. Your Cornwalls were not really an auction item. They were the sellers personal speakers. Buyers premiums, from what I understand, compensate the seller/owner for the commission he has to pay the auction house. In your case, the seller, also being the owner, has double-dipped and shown unfair business practice. I would report him to eBay with this argument.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 11:50:15 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Smilin, what did you pay a buyer's premium for? If these were the sellers personal speakers, there should be no buyer's premium, hence a possible additional misrepresentation. Your Cornwalls were not really an auction item. They were the sellers personal speakers. Buyers premiums, from what I understand, compensate the seller/owner for the commission he has to pay the auction house. In your case, the seller, also being the owner, has double-dipped and shown unfair business practice. I would report him to eBay with this argument.

----------------

Klipschfoot,

I never even thought of that, Don is a stinking rat bastard

to the nth degree6.gif Thanks for the correct analyzation of the situation. I will absolutly use it!!16.gif

Smilin11.gif

smilin',

Aren't you glad I turned you on to those speakers? NOT! Sorry, had no idea the seller was such a jerk. I thought since you were close, you'd have a chance to go by and visually inspect and test 'em.

Hi all

please forgive me for my ignorance in how ebay opperates and my possible lack of understanding in these matters,i,ve been around here for awhile and often times this fourm is used as a baromiter as to the possible going rate of klipsch heritage speakers.and many who seem to act as though they set or can determine the price range for these speakers.

this great big todo about these cornwall is totally out of reason, its ok to try and engineer the price to sute your needs by gathering together and say i'm not going to bit if u are thus affecting the possible price outcome amd one member better not bid against another, seems like when some one from the clique is precived as having been wrong the waggons form a circle,i'm not the seller but if the price i expected was beign determine by this type of behavior i too would act the same way, you can't have it both way's or can u?

this person is more than likely right here, or is a frequent visitor , i,m just saying don't be so self rightious everyone would like to make a good deal if the other guy don't play fair don't join him, jmo 10.gif it might have been like belle that moon got so you see you're better off already 9.gif be cool

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/10/2004 9:22:32 AM fini wrote:

smilin',

Aren't you glad I turned you on to those speakers? NOT! Sorry, had no idea the seller was such a jerk. I thought since you were close, you'd have a chance to go by and visually inspect and test 'em.

----------------

Fini,

Not to worry, all in a daze shopping for corns

2.gif2.gif Just wish Don was an honest guy, and ebay protected the buyers as Well as the sellers. Bottom line is I not worried, just PISSED6.gif off at the continueing saga! BTW please keep looking, especially for a local pair of Khorns, I think I'm ready ror a modification of my system since I am already switching to seperates, and a different DVD/SACD/DVD-A11.gif may as well keep moving ahead and get the khorn badboys with 3 corns and either 2 chorus or heresy16.gif

Smilin3.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:01:16 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/10/2004 9:22:32 AM fini wrote:

smilin',

----------------

Fini,

Not to worry, all in a daze shopping for corns

2.gif2.gif
Just wish Don was an honest guy, and ebay protected the buyers as Well as the sellers. Bottom line is I not worried, just PISSED
6.gif
off at the continueing saga! BTW please keep looking, especially for a local pair of Khorns, I think I'm ready ror a modification of my system since I am already switching to seperates, and a different DVD/SACD/DVD-A
11.gif
may as well keep moving ahead and get the khorn badboys with 3 corns and either 2 chorus or heresy
16.gif

Smilin
3.gif

----------------

Smilin,

I think you're better off going with the Chorus's. The Heresy's just don't pump out enough bass for my liking. But then again, you do have that plumbing rattling B-4 Plus that I don't have. YET! 2.gif

Silverfox,

I think the point of the rants is that the seller "pulled" the speakers at the last minute and the feeling is that he/she did so because they weren't getting the price they wanted. Its all speculation of course, and will remain so until the seller comes forward and explains himself.

eBay and all auctions have rules and when a seller puts an item up for auction, they agree to those rules and are obligated (except for eBay apparently) to follow-through with the transaction. The only reasons for "pulling" an item is; 1. a glaring misrepresentation or 2. damage or failure occurring after listing. Because eBay provides a certain amount of anonimity to the process, some participants eshew any obligation or responsibility when faced with a outcome that does not meet with their expectation. eBay markets itself as an internet auction but allowing actions like these suggests otherwise. I've been to plenty of auctions and have never seen a seller run up at the last moment and pull an item that's being bid on. Even if the auctioneer allowed the transgression, it would just be too difficult to face the bidders - what would he say?

This kind of behavior speaks to the growing lack of courtesy on internet. The faceless participation in online chats and auctions seems to bring out qualities in some morally-challenged individuals that wouldn't be tolerated in normal group interaction. Maybe the selfishness, dishonesty and aggressive bantering will subside as ethics are developed and adopted on the net but I wouldn't hold my breath as this is simply a indication of the insecurity and fear that permeates our society at large - BOO...HISS. Just a thought -Bryan

Jbryan!

yes, this is a valid point with the supposition that the seller was'nt fair in his/her actions.

I would still maintain that actions on both side needs to be carefully adhere to. The internet beign a reletive new form(arena) where buiness is beign conducted by the faceless masses, the first priority we ought to bring

is honesty, this type of market place allows the indiviual

to firstly reinvent themselves with new identity hence

(silverfox) what can this character get away with,initally any thing, until a relationship is developed and then the true character of the person is seen.

Yes (ebay) is the medium and as such has a responsibility to both party.and interpit the rules that are in place

lets say there is an item been sold on(ebay) and i see the name Jbryan not knowing who you are i'll bid against you, since this name is familliar to me it is my choice to bid or not,is fair to the seller yes, do u owe me anything for not bidding against you,no. there was no pre-arranged decision and the integrity of the system can be maintained.

should this be the type of conduct our society exhibit,

there is an element that will always seek an advantage.

jmo 10.gif