Can we ever own enough Klipsch

Thanks Ed and JMON,

Still trying to figure out where I got the 3rd C7 from..LOL...A FREEBIE!!

I have checked out your review Ed and thanx. I think a 400 lbs is alittle heavy JMON, man, I thought the bagend's weighed alot...GEEZ!

But I have decided, I think, going either with the RSW15, or KEFTDM45B, or I would prefer the SVS 20-39PC(rather have the amps built in).

Decisions Decisions...I'M SO CONFUSED Rolleyes.gif

edster

Do me a favor and look up Steve P. in fellow klipsch owners need our support about your cornwalls, if you already have, then we need not to know!!

If not, then theres another freind of mine, his name is Tom, and youll find him in cornwalls for sale!!

Both looking for cornwalls, sorry to see you let them go, imagine what 2 pair sounds like??

Well, id say its like the MCM series here in my house!!

Like a live concert at low volumes, thats for sure!!

Good luck, on the khorns, nice choice, but overall, i think id keep my 2 pair of cornwalls in that situation!!

Id still like to own a folded horn set!!

Itll be the Khorn, some year, im in no hurry!!

Regards Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Well

Congradulations on everyone, so far who just bought cornwalls!!

Im still seeing pairs of cornwalls on e-bay, some for buy it now for $799.00, so keep your eyes on e-bay, for whoever is looking for a set!!

I still havent seen much vintage hertiage around the denver area, im always looking!!

jim

quote:

Originally posted by storm300x:

How many high end audio magazines review klipsch speakers? ummm.....0 Has klipsch ever been on Sterophile's list of recomended componets? nope,if they are so good why are they ignored by the major real hi-fi world?

Actually, I bought a pair of Forte's -- brand-spankin' new in 1986 (yup, still got em. nope, won't sell them). I bought them because I knew I wanted Klipsch (previously, I owned a pair of Heresy's). And I bought them because of a review by Julian Hirsch in Stereo Review. I believe his exact comment on the Forte was: "The forte's sounded so darn good we just hated to box them up and send them back". Actually, the review I read stated that if one could afford the $1100 for a pair of Forte's, buy them!

Yea, I know -- that was 1986 and this is now. Frankly, I haven't had the opportunity to listen to any of Klipsch's latest offerings, but then again, I don't need to -- I am extremely satisfied with what I have.

Well it has been a while since I've been active here. However, I've remained a loyal Klipsch fan and have been active in my pursuit to buy more Klipsch Speakers.

Have to many Klipsch..I think not! My friends and coworkers think that I'm half a bubble off plumb, because of the number of Klipsch I have, and that I passionately pursue buying more.

Many thanks to Jim Cornell for your posts on the joys of a 4 Cornwall set-up. Your posts were instrumental in getting me interested in my current set-up of using 4 Cornwalls. Music or movies are simply overwhelming! For the past several months I've been submerged in sound. I love all my speakers and want to add a pair of Quartets to my stable as well. Pardon my lengthy list below, but I'm just proud to be the owner of the best Speakers made, IMHO.

Wes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDIO SETUP

NAD T 761 Receiver (Pre-outs to Outlaw)

Outlaw 750 5 Channel Amp

Klipsch Cornwalls (Front w/Outlaw)

Klipsch Heresy's (Front w/NAD)

Klipsch Academy (Center w/NAD)

Klipsch Cornwall (V) II's (Rear w/Outlaw)

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear w/NAD)

SVS SV20-39CS SUB (NAD 2400THX Bridged)

Klipsch KSW-12 (Sub)

Klipsch RF-3's (NAD "B" Channel)

Denon DVM-3700 DVD

Sony CDP-CA80ES

Sony MiniDisk Deck MDS-JE320

Mitsubishi Stereo VCR

Mitsubishi 52" Wide Screen

Sony Remote Commander RM-AV2100

Monster Cable HTS-3500 Audio/Video Power Conditioner

Bedroom System

Technics Prologic Receiver

Sony DVP-530D

Sony Dual Cassette Deck

Phillips Magnavox 27'

Klipsch Quintets (Fronts)

Infinity SubWoofer

Infinity SL Micro's (Rear)

Design Audio (Center Channel)

3rd System Listening Only

Fisher 800-B Tube Receiver

Sony CassetteTC-K444esII

Technics Turntable SL-D2

Klipspch KG4's

DAK Stereo Power Controller

Items Stored

1 EA. Klipsch RC-3

2 EA. Klipsch Chorus II's

1 EA. Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Shapeshifter

Pleased to meet you, another fellow 4 cornwall owner!!

If we all bought 4 cornwalls, they would have to reproduce them again!!

Tell you what, ill never need a sub here, for music or movies!!!

I got a little scared, running them, (all4) at night, so now i have them on both sides of the room, and they look better this way anyway!!

With 4 cornwalls, all i can say is my god!!

And also, i have the K-horns beat with 4 of these!!

I can fully enjoy half a watt, of volume!!

No loudness, everything centered!!

With 4 cornwalls, my overall experience, even after a year, im still experiencing the sound i have here!!

So itll prabably be another year before i can come up with a definate experience with these!!

The 1812 overature, on telark, with the actuall cannons, knocked things off the walls, and put a crack in my wall, also the concusion, put a split along the ceiling in the living room!!

That was at 15 watts each driven into all 4, so 60 watts all together!!

Didnt harm these cornwalls at all!!

Wife wasnt happy LOL!!!!!!!

Another thing is, if you have children, 16 months, or older, i would like to ask the fellow Klipsch owners to please be easy on their ears!!!!

Klipsch at high volumes can damage their ears for life!!

My ears distort, tickling buzzing, i know its not my cornwalls!!

Now i dont even try to abuse these, i want to enjoy them, for a long time!!

If you have them up so high, the grill is moving, thats to loud, cut back!!! LOL!!!!

That will damage your own ears!

Im going to get K-horns next year, so ill only need a 1 watt amp, if i run all 6 at 1 watt each, id get thrown out of here LOL!!!

Well, better go, lets all have a blast, listening to the only speaker that makes sence!!

Oh yea, you guys ever hear people say that Klipsch makes the voice sound like a head cold???

In the respond to those kind of things, offer them a Q-TIP!!

Have fun, regards Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Well no kids to consider I'm a single home owner. I do try to limit my exposure to high listening levels. But darn, sometimes I have to turn them up and let them stretch their legs for brief periods. I've obviously not achieved the levels that you described. I have caused motion sensor slights on the far end of my house to come on during a viewing of U-571, this was before adding the SVS Sub. Oh yea, many thanks to HornEd as well. Your praise of the tiny SVS Company, led me to correspond with those great guys, which resulted in me purchasing an SV 20-39CS Sub a month ago. Many thanks to all the other Klipsch mavens who provide insightful information to us all.

Best regards to all....Wes

P.S. I'm thinking of starting a nonprofit Digital Camera Fund, for an under funded Klipsch owner. Interested parties may submit inquiries...LOL

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-13-2001 at 06:18 PM

ShapeShifter

Dont you just love how i explain, how 4 cornwalls sound LOL!!!!

I did have a mysterious crack along the ceiling for a while!cwm35.gifcwm35.gif

Ill tell ya, we both have some sound here, and thats not counting your other Klipsch!!!

Im ganna have to stop when i get K-horns, at least for 2 years or so!!

Ill buy the smaller sets then LOL!!!

Heresys?

Have fun Jim

i know i could never own enough!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Now i have H\T reciever lying here!! Im going H\T, but am still keeping all 2 channel equipment, so i can transfer from one system to the other!!

All i need is a center channel and im set up!!

Thanks to a freind, who gave me the reciever!

Man, i still love my cornwalls, i bought a pair of UTAH speakers at a yard sale, and was ganna use them for center, only thing is, the quintets blow them away LOL!!!

There is trully no other sound like Klipsch!!

Itll be fun to listen to H\T with 4 cornwalls, ive been without H\T for 2 years!!

I figured, why not, were missing some good movies LOL!!

Ill have cornwalls front, cornwalls rear, academy center, i hope, SVS sub!!

I really havent decided on a sub yet, might not need one, but who knows!!

To hook up the rear set of cornwalls, i think im ganna go thru the floor, then come up behind them, im still trying to find a way to hook them up, running the wires!!

I installed flat wire, a while ago under the carpet, and ripped out some padding doing it!!

That was fun!!

Well, ill post how things go here!!

Regards Jim

I just saw DwK's observation about Hillcrest HiFi steering customers away from Klipsch and into Paradigm. Well, ten years ago I made that mistake. I knew I wanted Klipsch speakers but I got talked out of them.

So now here I am on the Klipsch forums asking you guys which Klipsch speakers I should buy. I could have been listening to Klipsch for the past ten years but the day is soon coming those crummy Paradigms will be up for bid on eBay. I can hardly wait!

Well Jim, we should give you some kind of award ... this has got to be the longest frikkin' thread on this board in its history. Something like 785 hits? 85 or so additions? I think you hit a "basic issue" with all of us Klipsch owners.

While there are a lot of Heresy and K-horn fans, it sure seems to me that "Cornwalls rule!"

------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

McIntosh MC-30 (driving Belle)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

LOL i love Klipsch!

Kenwood 105VR SRS pro logic, nothing special!!

Hopping to get my ACADEMY next month, waiting on the e-mail from the owner, dam, Chris why didnt i buy your heresy?

Seems like cornwall is the biggest issue, and i dont wonder why, love em!!

Well, better go for now!!

Regards Jim

OK BOB.G coffee is on, im just sitting here waiting!!

You know what, for the 3 Db difference, i think i might just die owning these cornwallls!!

OK, ill put 2 pair up against a set of K-Horns!!

I didnt say that out loud just then did i!!!

DAM!!!!!!! Would i like to see how many cornwalls would sell today!!!

Why did Klipsch stop making the trully best speaker ever made WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corner horn, cornwall Same dam thing, 2 different places!!

OK piont spoken!!

Anyone want some money to take these UTAH speakers LOL!!!

Hopefully like i said earlier, i hope to own the academy soon!!

Im playing with this H\T reciever, thats it playing, i still have the 2 channel gear here!!

Has anyone seen Bob G?

If he has been sent out to destroy the cornwalls, then, why not just make them again, ill buy a set new!!

Cherry!

Why doesnt Klipsch just admit, that they stopped making the best set of speakers in 1990!!

They know what they are!!

Oh yea, keep the heresy, OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!

Good idea!!

NOT!

Should of kept the cornwall instaed!!

WHY?

Well, i know about 600 people who want a pair!!!!!

How much would they be today?

$3,100.00

Sounds right!!

Come on Klipsch RE MAKE THE CORNWALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring them back, make a special order list, for people to buy them today, were ganna run out of cornwalls, come on guys, its up to you!!!

Id bet, they would outsell the K-horns!!

If Klipsch doesnt remake the cornwall, then all of our cornwalls will be worth $5000.00 a pair!!

Give it 10 more years!!

I was offered $3000.00 for a set of mine and turned it down!!

The heck with jubilee, remake the cornwall!!

Why caint you remake what you knew was the best?

OK ill stop this endless discussion, sorry, all i can say is i treid!! LOL!!!

Long live the best, forget the rest, and the same to most new crap!!

Love Klipsch Regards Jim

cwm4.gifcwm4.gif

Can we never own enough Klipsch um no. Loving my Cornwalls and looking for more to complete the surround system. Maybe one of these days I can get a set of KHorns. If I ever get to build a new house you can be sure that there will be plenty of rooms with proper corners.

It's not a speaker, its a way of life

------------------

FOR SALE OR TRADE COMPLETE R*3 SYSTEM FOR 3 HERESY'S

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R main)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 08-22-2001 at 10:15 AM