La Scalas for sale

kingsxrox

I have a pair of La Scalas for sale that are in excellent condition. I'm selling them for a family member who no longer has the room for them. They're Birch, with clear lacquer over Walnut stain (LS BLS-WAL), serial numbers 8850796 and 8850797. They have been owned by only one person, and haven't been used a lot during the 15 years since they were purchased. So, the "mileage" on these speakers is far less than most speakers that were purchased in 1988.

I live in the western suburbs of the Chicagoland area.

If anybody is interested in these, or can suggest other avenues to look for a potential buyer, please let me know either on this forum or via e-mail.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:28:54 AM kingsxrox wrote:

I have a pair of La Scalas for sale that are in excellent condition. I'm selling them for a family member who no longer has the room for them. They're Birch, with clear lacquer over Walnut stain (LS BLS-WAL), serial numbers 8850796 and 8850797. They have been owned by only one person, and haven't been used a lot during the 15 years since they were purchased. So, the "mileage" on these speakers is far less than most speakers that were purchased in 1988.

If anybody is interested in these, or can suggest other avenues to look for a potential buyer, please let me know either on this forum or via e-mail.

----------------

Yada yada yada,

I live in Chitown area, HOW MUCH and can you deliver?

Smilin

12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

----------------

I tried to talk my wife into letting me get the La Scala's and to put them upstairs(cause they will not fit down)I scored a knockout, unfortunatly it was me who got knocked out

14.gif I am relegated to have audio equipment in 1 romm only, unless I give up my dastardly subwoofer15.gif I am not ready to do this yet. I wish I could use them, but not until we move again. Thanks for the generous offer, I am sure someone on the forum will appreciate and take them off your hands.

Smilin15.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/16/2004 9:11:12 AM mbajner wrote:

smilin,

I thought you only liked cornwalls?

now your into lascala's?

----------------

mbajner,

Yes you are right I do LOVE cornwalls, but that does not mean I ONLY love corn's, I love Klipsch Heritage11.gif But I love my wife more2.gif She will let me do whatever I want to the lower level, but I would need somethign for the corners2.gif heh heh heh. I wonder what I am thinking about NOW6.gif BTW I own 3 pair of corn's, 67 verts, 71 verts, and 79 horizontal in zebrawood. Not a bad start, huh?

Smilin12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/18/2004 4:51:54 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/16/2004 10:40:17 AM kingsxrox wrote:

For those asking about price, I'm asking $900.----------------

I bet Smilin is going to be all over these.

Steve??

If Smilin doesn't want them, how much would you want to ship them out to So Cal kingsrox?

----------------

Piranha,

I wanted to be all over these, but unfortunatly the WAF factor gave me a

14.gif cause I have no room in my LL for more wall placement, so I still have an opening for Khorns9.gif If you want me to check these out for you i will do that, plus I can store them for you at my office2.gif kust let me know

Smilin12.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2004 6:42:34 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

----------------

I tried to talk my wife into letting me get the La Scala's and to put them upstairs(cause they will not fit down)I scored a knockout, unfortunatly it was me who got knocked out

14.gif
I am relegated to have audio equipment in 1 romm only, unless I give up my dastardly subwoofer
15.gif
I am not ready to do this yet. I wish I could use them, but not until we move again. Thanks for the generous offer, I am sure someone on the forum will appreciate and take them off your hands.

Smilin
15.gif

----------------

We're all feeling sorry for you Smilin.15.gif15.gif15.gif

NOT!!!!!!9.gif

Piranha, re: shipping to SoCal -- I think that the buyer should pay for whatever boxing and shipping he/she desires. I have never shipped or boxed something like these big speakers, so I would be very open to whatever the buyer wants me to do.

Still don't have a buyer yet!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/18/2004 9:49:26 PM DeanG wrote:

Dump a pair of those Cornwalls and get these LaScalas.
----------------

If I had the proper space I would, BUT I do have the Proper space when I find Khorns2.gif local to be put my corners12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/18/2004 9:55:29 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

Before I came to this forum and met all you guys I had to outbid Smilin many times on different pairs of heresys.
----------------

See, and all you had to do was email me and I would have been glad to HELP you get a deal on a pair12.gif

I looked into these LaScala's but WAF kicked in hard.

I talked to kingsxrox and these sound like a pretty good pair.

suprised that no one local to Chicago grabbed them yet.

I wil try to work on the wife again soon.

hopefully, these will still be around.

probaly she will agree or not argue anymore and they will be gone.