Can a Scott 299-B be made as a Preout to a 299-C?

Klipsch RF7

Georg,

Craig throws in a free tube pre-amp with his 299c rebuilds!6.gif Along with a nice little phono stage, tuner tape and extra inputs. I'll tell you he's one heck of a guy.2.gif

Really, the pre-amp is built into the 299c and it is very good for it's time. Craig does some nice tweaks in the pre-amp area too. New plate resistors and cathode and coupling caps. He makes this area better than new for you.1.gif1.gif

Rick

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:39:32 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Georg,

Craig throws in a free tube pre-amp with his 299c rebuilds!
6.gif
Along with a nice little phono stage, tuner tape and extra inputs. I'll tell you he's one heck of a guy.
2.gif

Really, the pre-amp is built into the 299c and it is very good for it's time. Craig does some nice tweaks in the pre-amp area too. New plate resistors and cathode and coupling caps. He makes this area better than new for you.
1.gif1.gif

Rick

----------------

Sounds like a sweet deal1.gif Cant wait to get it and try this bad boy out.

Ryan, yes sir, i did get that Miracord with the Teak base. Im just waiting on the amp and then ill order those SHure cartridges for it.

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:21:28 PM Georg Friedrich Handel wrote:

I was thinking of going with a Scott 299-B and have Craig rebuild it and i was wondering if i can have it made as a pre-amp for the 299-C that he is currently rebuilding? Would it sound really nice over using my SS Rotel as the Preamp? Or should i get a another Tube preamp?

----------------

beethoven.jpg

"What?"

----------------

On 1/16/2004 12:43:54 AM Ryan C. Inman wrote:

Nice buy! So, what do you think of it? Solid build quality in my opinion, better than a comparable Dual. After you get the Shure cart and 78 stylus, I'd like to hear your opinion! Just be sure and set the tracking force correctly, because this table is very picky! You'll have to tweak it a bit before it sounds it's best. The new cart also takes some time to break-in, after that, pure bliss!

-Ryan

----------------

So, is it easy to set tracking force?