Proud Papa Syndrome, Paramour amps done my way

Wardsweb

These were purpose built so I could fully document the build process as almost a stock unit. That way, other Bottlehead's would benefit from the site I'm putting up that details step by step the entire build. I also wanted to compare a stock unit against my custom 2A3's. Mods are coming for the Paramours but only after some stock break in,listening and comparisons.

paramour_bottom500.jpg

----------------

On 1/19/2004 11:15:42 AM 3dzapper wrote:

Beautiful work Ward! Did you send all the metal out to be chromed? Or use another process?

Rick

----------------

Again wanting to stay close to stock, I used the aluminum chassis supplied in the kit. It has been sanded and polished, that's all.

Very nice work. I'm looking foreward to your listening results. The parafeed design permits an output transformer optimized for audio (without the DC requirement, which is taken by the inductor). For some reason, the Bottlehead designs don't get the rave reviews that some other designs get. Possibly it's a component or two? Since you're planning to tweak ..

Leo

It's a fair amount of work but most any metal can be polished to a mirror shine. All the polished pieces you see were supplied in the standard kit. They have been treated with a combination of sanding up to 1000 grit, machine polished with white tripoli and/or hand polished with Happich Simichrome metal polish.

111134.jpg