reccomendations for a good component rack??

KungFuNat

Not sure what you mean by "not fancy," but the TechCraft referenced above has a series called "Wing" which Officemax sometimes has on sale for $50. Others have found some decent buys at Circuit City and Best Buy (I think Sanus has some stuff a BB). Also, moving up the ladder a bit, www.audioadvisor.com sometimes has a clearance on some audio racks that are nice.

I have a "Wing" for my bedroom TV and receiver and it's fine for that. I built a Flexy rack (mentioned above) for my HT room.

----------------

On 1/30/2004 3:03:56 PM caz1604 wrote:

Check out Techcraft Furniture, that is where I got my rack.
1.gif

----------------

Ohh, I like that "Venice" style on that Tech-Craft site.

Also, didn't somebody score some nice racks at the local Wally*World? Also, Bello has some nice stuff, but be prepared to spend a bit.

----------------

On 1/30/2004 5:19:23 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 1/30/2004 3:03:56 PM caz1604 wrote:

Check out Techcraft Furniture, that is where I got my rack.
1.gif

----------------

Ohh, I like that "Venice" style on that Tech-Craft site.

Also, didn't somebody score some nice racks at the local Wally*World? Also, Bello has some nice stuff, but be prepared to spend a bit.

----------------

I have the Techcraft Florence Series FLH-48. Here is what it looks like!

post-14000-13819251839676_thumb.jpg

Take a look at http://www.studiotech.com/jsp/productSelection.jsp?type=ultra .

I've got the U48 in Rosewood and it looks and works awsome. Slightly Art-Deco. I just wish I'd gotten the U60, I later found out I needed the extra room.

We also bought the (old narrow model) U22 for thr TV which looks and works well too but not when it's time to get 16:93.gif.

I have most of my equiptment in a seperate room in the basement on steel utility racks on concrete floors. I use remote extenders to control them. The concrete basement floors do not transmit vibrations and as the equiptment is in a seperate room not much in the way of sound wave vibration reaches the equiptment either. I have used some acoustical isolation under key components but detected no change. I just don't think any significant vibrations reach the equiptment.

For those on the go with no dough, check these out at Wally World. Nice heavy metal, glass and wood and only $79.93.Somebody turned us on to them on the forum last summer. I have two of them in my room. WAF is good!2.gif

stand3.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2233780&cat=112666&type=1&dept=4044&path=0%3A4044%3A103150%3A91790%3A110736%3A112666&xsell=2233782

There is a matching TV stand also.

Rick

post-12829-13819251841436_thumb.jpg