I'm getting a little nervous...

jdm56

I was concerned about scratching the top, too, so I put some adhesive-backed felt pads under the hard plastic feet of the tv.

funny you should mention shielding. I am getting a distinct buzz through the belle when the tv is on. it's pretty low in level, though, so it's not really a problem except for real low volume listening. I eventually want to put either an lcd rear projector above the belle, or else a screen for a front projector - someday.

Hi James,

At the Klipsch factory, they had a Belle center supporting a 32 inch TV. They had added 2 pieces of 2x4, cut to fit snuggly on each side of the K-501 to transfer the load from the top to the bass horn. That should prevent any sagging of the top.

James, get you a 1/4 to 3/8" sandwich of copper and aluminum, or some cheap variation, paint it to match your Belle, throw some felt feet in a nice spread pattern under the sandwich, and throw that TV up on it and forget about it. The load spread capacity for a well cured 3/4" hardwood butt end supported, 4 ft squared area, would be in excess of 700 lbs. People have routinely stacked Belles and Scalas with little effect.

Just don't let your cat walk across the top, all sorts of weird stuff starts happening2.gif The sandwich should eliminate that buzz you hear.

You have gotten good answers from everyone on all but one of your questions. They can be purchased from Klipsch as a single.....but you might have to order it.

The Belle was originally designed as a single center channel speaker for a three channel system. The Heresy was first designed to be a center channel, then people started putting the LaScala in as center channel, but it was unfinished and it stuck out too far in the room. So the Belle was built to be a finished center channel speaker to match flanking K-horns.

The speaker was named after Paul's first wife Belle.

I will second some type of fabric too underneath the TV. You will get the Belle to rattle some and cuase the TV to grind into it if not careful. Like many others have said too, the weight is NOT an issue. All heritage speakers can handle a lot of weight, afterall, they were built to last a lifetime... or two... or three...LOL.

----------------

On 2/2/2004 9:48:36 PM DaddyDee wrote:

James,

I'd be interested to hear how you ran across a single Belle. Have been on the lookout for one myself.

----------------

DaddyDee,

I wouldn't exactly say I ran across it. I looked for a used belle for over a year, then finally decided to order a new one. Well, my timing was not so good. Awhile after I had ordered it, they went out of production for about a year, due to driver vendor problems. So I waited. After about another year production finally commenced again. From that point it was another nine months before I finally got mine.

I don't know what finish you are looking for, but I can tell you, a single oak belle is VERY hard to find. For one thing, walnut seems to be the predominant finish, and also, just finding any single belle for sale is difficult. Another issue for me was the fact that I'm in the midwest. It seems most things I could find on the net were alway on the left or right coast. (where most of the folks are - duh!) Good luck in your search.