Taylor's amp fund - Thanks!

sheltie dave

I would like to take a minute to thank the forum members who have helped Taylor get his 299D amp....

Smilin

Arf

NOSValves

Pirhana

Ryan Inman

Sheltie Dave

Tom Mobley

St. Patrick

Woodog

Steve Wilson

and the others en route

And if it sounds better than my 299C, then he just might get a 299C6.gif2.gif

I would like to say thanks for all the help I have gotten on getting the amp and all of the other questions I have asked. I would have been on here earlier but when I got home there was about 15 boxes in my living room that all said Bowflex on them. So I went downstairs and put it together (putting it together was more of a workout than the actual workout was).

Thanks,

Taylor

Don't worry Taylor, the 299D is yours. All of these tube amps do best when they are balanced at the output stage as far as electrical signal being run through them. This is biasing the amp. You will need to get an apprentice wizard's hat and instructions from one of the grand wizards. I have the magic Fluke and the holy electrically isolated screwdriver for the operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news everyone - Taylor's amp made it via Fedex today, and it currently is wrapping up playing Baroque Oboe Concertos by the Guildhall String Ensemble, Malcolm Messiter conducting. Not quite as open as my 299C yet, but this will be a sweet amp for Taylor to cut his teeth on, flogging the AC/DC and Van Halen rock wizards! The blue lights remind me a little of the Fresca can colors of the late '60s1.gif

Taylor will be swinging over tomorrow evening with his stepdad to pick it up, along with Alan's case. Thanks again, everyone!!!9.gif

Taylor is on his way over to pick the Scott 299D up with his entire family. He was almost stuttering with excitement, so I would imagine he is going to listen to a lot of heavy metal and minerals over the weekend!9.gif

Don, people chipped in $10 or $20 as they saw fit. If you want, feel free to contact Taylor via PM if you wish to help...the snow has been sparse this winter; great for the adults but lousy for younger snow shovelers like Taylor15.gif

Taylor and family just left. He carried the amp upstairs, and was holding it for a few minutes while we talked. Much to his dismay, it got too heavy and I carried it out to the car for him. I don't think it will leave his sight for a while. He has been like a sponge in the past three weeks - stuff he had no clue about when he came over the last time, he just rattles off now. Another tube amp in good hands - and one of the youngest new forumers to boot6.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 2/27/2004 10:15:09 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Taylor and family just left. He carried the amp upstairs, and was holding it for a few minutes while we talked. Much to his dismay, it got too heavy and I carried it out to the car for him.

----------------

oh come on I'm not that weak. I couldn't hold it because I was going to have to open the car door. I could have carried it out to the car it was only like 30 lbs