I'm a new Forte Owner!!!

TYLERJAC

I recently bought a pair of original Black Forte's from Gibraltarkeith ( he's posted here). Simply put, these are marvelous, exciting, wonderful, exceptionally musical,

( ah, heck, there aren't enough adjectives to describe them). It's like digging for that elusive treasure,- always hoping to find the gem that will make your heart race, and your face glow in disbelief.) You never really think you'll find it, but maybe, just maybe if you keep trying, someday you will be pleasantly surprised. Well, when I received the Forte's, as I was unpacking them, I had that same feeling. Maybe, just maybe I would be pleasantly surprised. Well, I have finally found that elusive treasure. LOVE IS IN THE AIR. My romantic search is over. I've found the girl of my dreams, and she's warm and sexy, and giving and hot, and- ( ah heck- there aren't enough adjectives.....10.gif

Who Cares if the Chorus and Forte are Heritage or Not.

This line of speakers have the famous horn midrange Heritage sound, that is for sure. All 3 speakers from this era sound absolutely fantastic.

The criteria for "heritage" on this forum is that PWK designed the speaker. The term "heritage" on the Klipsch web site is what is in producion now and being marketed by Klipsch. BIG DEAL....

It is common knowledge that PWK did have the final say on this line, even though he did not do the overall design.

PWK had Fortes in his office. That should tell you what he thought about the speaker.

JM

I had mine for around 12 years before trading them towards a pair of Belle's in 2000 and then I parted with the Belle's for Khorn's in 2003. See the progression here. Excellent speakers, prior to that I had tried Cerwin Vega D-8's, Polk SDA-2's & RTA-12C's, and Bose 601-III's the Forte' bested them all.

Chuck

I have owned LAS and Fortes as well as most of the other Heritage and extended Heritage speakers.

The forte is definetly a smaller sounding Heritage speaker. Hard to describe the differences in words other than the smaller Heritage speakers have the sound, but not the presence of the larger Heritage speakers.

Now for the kicker, if you have a smaller room, say something 12 x 10 or smaller, IMO, I would run Fortes instead of LAS hands down. The Forte sounds absolutely stunning and images best in a smaller room. Same is true for the big guns, they sound and image better in a larger room than smaller rooms.

JM

I bought my Fortes in 1987. I've used them regularly since, and they are still my main units. I will never sell them.

Some day I'd love to own Khorns (the finest overall speaker I've ever heard). I could have bought them, but they really need corners to live in, and I've never had free corners. So the Fortes stay up front.