For Sale: Pair of Klipsch Chorus II Knoxville, TN Area

Cave_Goat

Hello everyone! I have a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's that I am regretfully parting with. As seems to be common with the other sales I've seen in this forum, the wife says they are too big and have to go. I am the only owner of the speakers and they are in near mint condition. The only blemishes are some faint paint wear on the edges. Check the attached picture for an idea of the condition. I will be glad to e-mail additional pictures if you are interested. I am asking $900. I would prefer to have the speakers picked up, but I will ship if the buyer is willing to pick up all shipping charges including packaging. I'm not sure what this would run but if you e-mail me your zip code I will get back to you with a quote. Please feel free to contact me with any questions! By the way the serial numbers are 014397326 and 020399597 and the speakers were purchased by me in 1993.

Thanks,

Cave_Goat

post-14528-13819252036834_thumb.jpg

That auction still has a couple of days left to go. I seriously doubt it will still go for $600, considering that Forte's have been selling for that or more lately on ebay. That being said, it doesn't appear that Chorus speakers are selling too well on there right now, so who knows what the deal is with it. Also, as for the money being better spent on other speakers, that's completely subjective. Not all of us have the space for Cornwalls and La Scala's, sadly. Seriously, if I could spend that kind of money, I'd be all over those speakers (I'm in Knoxville, too!). Besides, he's just asking $900.

----------------

On 2/6/2004 10:10:58 PM gerbache wrote:

That auction still has a couple of days left to go. I seriously doubt it will still go for $600, considering that Forte's have been selling for that or more lately on ebay. That being said, it doesn't appear that Chorus speakers are selling too well on there right now, so who knows what the deal is with it. Also, as for the money being better spent on other speakers, that's completely subjective. Not all of us have the space for Cornwalls and La Scala's, sadly. Seriously, if I could spend that kind of money, I'd be all over those speakers (I'm in Knoxville, too!). Besides, he's just asking $900.---------------

You may want to look at these
on ebay

2.gif

I have a problem with some of these Newbies with fewer than 5 posts putting things up for sale. Usually, they're here to make a fast buck and their prices seem to be higher than the "norm". We may never hear from Cave_Goat again.11.gif

Now if you find yourself in a deal with the guys whose been here a while you're more likely to get a bargain. To them it's more about helping others achieve audio nirvana; usually, at loss to themselves. The 3 Heresies I just picked up from Paulparrot come to mind. Thanks guys!9.gif

Boy some of you guys really make a lot of assumptions and come off rude to others! I'm surprised you can get anyone to stay in this forum if that's the way you treat everyone! If you don't like what I'm asking for the speakers then don't buy them. I just thought that posting them here would allow the speakers to go to someone who really appreciates them rather than some "hack" on e-Bay. As one of the other posters said the speakers typically sell on e-Bay for $835 to $950. I watched e-Bay for a while to see what I should ask and picked somewhere in the middle. By the way thanks to the folks who spoke up in my defense. At least it looks like there are some decent folks here too! Just my two cents.

Later!

Easy there. I didn't mean to get your goat.2.gif I don't mean to offend but I do have a valid point. You're looking for a quick sale or trying to avoid the ebay hassles, which is fine. All I'm saying is the better deals are usually to be had with longtime members. Case in point; last year I picked up a pair of LaScalas with P.W.Klipsch autographs for $875 from dodger. As far as ebay "hacks", alot of them reside here at the forum. 9.gif

• 7 years later...