Are tube amp values on the rise?

Piranha

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/10/2004 9:36:52 PM Georg Friedrich Handel wrote:

Thanks alot rick, where do you find this Deoxit and Progold?

----------------

Did you get the spray can? Do you just baste the tubes pins with the Deoxit and then let it dry and take the Progold and apply it to the pins and stick them in?

T2K,

Craig had it, by guts I meant power. The 299 is significantly more powerful than the 222. However, I use the 222 on the Las which are more sensitive than the corns. Both systems sound great. 222 and 299 have different sounds and I love both.

By the way, I got "guts" from Craig. He mentioned it to me a long time ago. My lingo would have been "balls" !!9.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2004 2:06:25 AM T2K wrote:

----------------

On 2/9/2004 7:56:21 AM mark1101 wrote:

Ryan,

I agree the 222 is a sleeper. It sounds great, but lacks the guts of my 299. Still I love it.

----------------

Mark, you have posted this opinion several times here on the forum. I'm wondering if you can elaborate on what exactly you mean by "guts" ? Thanks.

Keith

----------------

Keith, can youn elaborate on why your such a cheap guy, you always gotta steal everything, can't afford to pay a FAIR buck? Are you broke, do you need charity? Can you please elaborate on exactly how you buy everything so cheaply and in your area?

Inquiring minds would like to know!6.gif

----------------

On 2/11/2004 12:16:24 AM alotaklipsch wrote:

----------------

On 2/10/2004 2:06:25 AM T2K wrote:

----------------

On 2/9/2004 7:56:21 AM mark1101 wrote:

Ryan,

I agree the 222 is a sleeper. It sounds great, but lacks the guts of my 299. Still I love it.

----------------

Mark, you have posted this opinion several times here on the forum. I'm wondering if you can elaborate on what exactly you mean by "guts" ? Thanks.

Keith

----------------

Keith, can youn elaborate on why your such a cheap guy, you always gotta steal everything, can't afford to pay a FAIR buck? Are you broke, do you need charity? Can you please elaborate on exactly how you buy everything so cheaply and in your area?

Inquiring minds would like to know!
6.gif

----------------

Sure sonny boy, I'll be glad to help you out. Here's what you do. You go out and get yourself a job. You work that job for 33 years. Days, nights, weekends, Christmas. When you have 10 bucs in your pocket, you save 3 of them. You find yourself a good mutual fund, and you put your saved bucs in that fund. You don't spend it on things you don't need, and you don't pay inflated prices for things you do. You learn to spot at distance people that will shoot you a line of $hit to get your buc$, and you learn to stand on your own two feet and provide for yourself, because your pride will not let you ask others for a handout. That same pride will not allow you to hide behind a computer screen and act like a short dic twerp, as you have done the entire time you have been here. Of course, you're not acting.

Hope this helps!

Keith

----------------

On 2/10/2004 11:44:19 PM mark1101 wrote:

T2K,

Craig had it, by guts I meant power. The 299 is significantly more powerful than the 222. However, I use the 222 on the Las which are more sensitive than the corns. Both systems sound great. 222 and 299 have different sounds and I love both.

By the way, I got "guts" from Craig. He mentioned it to me a long time ago. My lingo would have been "balls" !!
9.gif
----------------

"Balls" is not polically correct 2.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2004 11:44:19 PM mark1101 wrote:

T2K,

By the way, I got "guts" from Craig. He mentioned it to me a long time ago. My lingo would have been "balls" !!
9.gif

----------------

Hello Mark. Oh yeah, I just noticed in your sig that you have a 222 >'A'< rated at 13 WPC RMS. BOTH the 222 >'A'< and the 222>'B'< are rated at 13 WPC RMS.

On the other hand your 299 >'B'< has a rated output of 21 WPC RMS. Thats about a 60% increase in output. I imagine that that is where the 'balls' come from. Like comparing a V-8 to a 4-banger.

As information, both the 222 >'C'< and the 222>'D'< are rated at 20 WPC RMS. Would seem to be a better comparo with the 299B. Maybe even a ball buster.

Keith