Last Day With 240

garymd

It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.15.gif I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I listened to it a lot this weekend but packed it up tonight for shipping. I'm just glad it's getting a good new home where it will be loved and appreciated.

This is the 3rd time I've had to pack one of these beasts in the past 6 months and you could probably drop it from the roof of a 2 story building without killing it.6.gif

----------------

On 2/8/2004 10:50:53 PM FLKlipscher wrote:

Good riddance. Mac's sound like crap. They are WAY overrated.

----------------

Not to indulge you once again but didn't you state that you owned an MC240 and Marantz 7C a couple days ago when you joined the forum and were so warmly welcomed?

----------------

On 2/8/2004 10:47:56 PM garymd wrote:

It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.
15.gif
I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I listened to it a lot this weekend but packed it up tonight for shipping. I'm just glad it's getting a good new home where it will be loved and appreciated.

This is the 3rd time I've had to pack one of these beasts in the past 6 months and you could probably drop it from the roof of a 2 story building without killing it.
6.gif
----------------

I feel your loss Gary. My condolences. Bon voyage.

I kissed my baby (299-D NosValves) the other day. At least it's new home is close enough (my neighbor's house) that I can visit now and then to watch it grow up.

I need my Mark III's and 272 back! Craig help me out man. 9.gif

----------------

----------------

You have got to be the biggets a**hole on the forum, you are a puny minded FOS creep IMHO a subhuman schmuck, you should be castrated, castigated, tared and feathered and left out for dead. GO AWAY< YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE!!6.gif

OTOH Gary, I FEEL for ya, but at least it is going to another forum member who will LOVE it too 2.gif And I hear thru the grapevine ya gots a new sonic experience that should make you happy too.

Enjoy them for the last time tonight, rock em, roll em, play em LOUD, say goodbye then and be proud11.gif

Sorry to hear you have to give up some toys.15.gif

The first tube amp purchases are hard to get rid of. I have decided to keep my St70, just can't seem to part with it.

Sad now, but if I am not mistaken you will soon be overjoyed with its replacement. The replacement should instantly make you the bell of every party. You will now be invited to all listening sessions, and your fame will be duly noted. Yet overshadowed by an oger who has passed along his cast offs as he replaces them with an unknown. 9.gif

Boy, will I be in trouble for this post. 9.gif

Now all you need is Mark's new preamp, and we will make you the traveling salesman for the Klipsch Forum.

I know what you are going through. When that nice young man came round to the house with his wife and baby and took my Heresys away I had to blow my nose on the money he left...

(BTW - I am not joking about the wife and baby - he came to audition the speakers with his whole family - I suppose I should be pleased the in-laws didnt come too. Still, it kept mine busy whilst we negotiated the deal.)

Hurt like hell though as we loaded them into the back of his car.

Thanks everyone. Word spreads fast I guess. Since everyone seems to already know, I'm buying Craig's MkIIIs. After hearing all the praises from the Chi-Town get-together at Smilins and knowing that these were Craig's own amps which he modded to the hilt, it was only a matter of whether or not I could talk him into selling them. It happened to be good timing as he's raising capital to fund his new project.

I wanted to wait for a pair of the new amps but for now I'm sure these will be a fine substitute.3.gif Hopefully at some point they will be mated with the "soon to be famous" Blueberry Preamp. 9.gif And yes Mark, those 240s are a b!tch to move around. If I didn't already have a bad back I'd blame the packing of this monster.

----------------

----------------

What does FL stand for?

A few come to mind:

FLatulance

FLatliner

Fat Liar (Oops, already owned by Rush Limbaugh)

Funny Lines (Kind of Sarcastic)

Faraway Looks (what we get when your posts appear)

Frequent Loser (gets my vote)

----------------

On 2/9/2004 11:19:48 AM Piranha wrote:

You are going to love the Mark III's on your CW's. Very nice sounding gear. What kind of preamp will you use until you get the Blueberry?

----------------

Actually, the MkIIIs will be with my Marantz 7C pre and my altecs for now. The altecs are great speakers also but need a little more juice than the corns and don't seem to sound quite as good at lower volumes. I also don't have room for monos and a pre upstairs in the same room with all the HT stuff which is why the little scott works out so well there.

----------------

15.gif
I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I listened to it a lot this weekend but packed it up tonight for shipping. I'm just glad it's getting a good new home where it will be loved and appreciated.

----------------

Damn! You got rid of it before I got the chance to go up there and listen to it? YOU BASTARD!! 9.gif11.gif

Seriously, glad you were able to find somebody that will appreciate it as much as you did. When you get it's replacement, I do want to listen to it. Hopefully, a time will come soon that I can get up there where our schedules can allow.

----------------

On 2/9/2004 4:18:19 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

15.gif

----------------

Damn! You got rid of it before I got the chance to go up there and listen to it? YOU BASTARD!!
9.gif11.gif

Seriously, glad you were able to find somebody that will appreciate it as much as you did. When you get it's replacement, I do want to listen to it. Hopefully, a time will come soon that I can get up there where our schedules can allow.

----------------

We will Steven. In the meantime, the fisher is hooked up to the altecs and they sound great. Not nearly the headroom but crisp and clean with suprisingly good, deep bass. One of these days it won't be snowing or icing and I'll have more than a day's notice to give you.12.gif

I know just how you feel ... I have a hard time looking at an amp (or speaker, or, well you get the idea) and not think about how I got the unit, where I've used it, and so on. I've gotten a few things from friends or family memebers who are no longer among us, and sometimes it's a bit comforting to make that connection.

On the other hand, if you aren't using it any more, and won't be, why not let it bring happiness to someone else, someone who will love and appreciate it like you did? It's probably better than hoarding it, just letting it sit and deteriorate.

Of course, I have to put up with a friend who, whenever I decide someone else can make better use of something than I can, reminds me of when I sold my Marantz 2 amps, 1 preamps, and 6 sidecar, and how well that worked out...

Or seeing my old LaScalas sitting in the rain after being used for a half time show at a football game ...

Or seeing another Marantz preamp with magic marker all over its faceplate ...

Or hearing a guy wonder why my old Altec 604-c rattled when he ran his bass guitar through it...

I'm depressed now. I think I'll listen to some Mahler.

----------------

On 2/9/2004 10:42:33 AM garymd wrote:

Thanks everyone. Word spreads fast I guess. Since everyone seems to already know, I'm buying Craig's MkIIIs. After hearing all the praises from the Chi-Town get-together at Smilins and knowing that these were Craig's own amps which he modded to the hilt, it was only a matter of whether or not I could talk him into selling them. It happened to be good timing as he's raising capital to fund his new project.

I wanted to wait for a pair of the new amps but for now I'm sure these will be a fine substitute.
3.gif
Hopefully at some point they will be mated with the "soon to be famous" Blueberry Preamp.
9.gif
And yes Mark, those 240s are a b!tch to move around. If I didn't already have a bad back I'd blame the packing of this monster.

----------------

Gary,

I think your gonna flip at how authoritively those Marks are gonna fill that room with sound, then again I've never heard a 240, I'd be interested to hear your take on its perfromance, keep us posted.

P.S. Damn, I can't believe that NUT let those go!!

Tom

----------------

On 2/10/2004 3:43:34 PM mdeneen wrote:

"will be mated with the "soon to be famous" Blueberry Preamp."

-----------

Heck, and I thought it was famous already!

mdeneen

----------------

Famous in name only Mark. Soon you'll be hearing "Blueberry" in the same sentence as Marantz, Cary, McIntosh, etc., etc. The audiophile mags will be fighting for interviews!9.gif

First you need to get these babies out to the people. Your supporters who have been giving you encouragement and the drive to succeed!2.gif Make sure you put serial numbers on them so ours will be worth lots of cash after you are a celebrity and production reaches 5 figures/year.6.gif We can say we knew him when.........