Used DVD's

JBP

Are there any reliable, reputable companies that sell used DVD's online?

I frequently purchase used DVD's from Hollywood Video and Blockbuster, if you get a defective or damaged DVD they will do an exchange.

Can you recommend any online companies that guarentee their DVD's or have you made enough purchases from one, without problems, that you feel they only ship-out damage free movies?

Thanks.

I would think with the added shipping costs this would not be a good investment.....if ya have problem you would probably have to pay to ship it back.....seems the DVD would be cheaper locally.....

I prefer to go to the local blockbusters, hollywood video and others...

'Amazon.ca' lists new and used prices for some of their dvd offerings. Suspect 'amazon.com' does the same, though I haven't looked. Hardly buy anything new from amazon -- wouldn't even consider used -- can beat the prices locally. Most video stores here sell new and 'previously viewed' dvds. Most a/v and other stores here sell only new products, and their prices usually beat the online retailers and video stores. Sure can't see buying used when I can get new for the same or nearly the same price.

I have bought dozens of used DVDs and CDs from HALF.COM, the majority for less than $10. Formerly a used book online dealer, it is now owned by Ebay, and uses their feedback system for rating sellers and buyers. Until a year or so ago, they had an immediate refund policy if you received a defective item. Now, it is an arbitrated policy, where you are supposed to work it out with the seller, and if that doesn't work, half.com makes the decision. There are clearly two categories of sellers: individuals who are selling items they happened to have, and usually have feedback ratings of 200 or less; and then those who are "full time" volume ebay and half.com businesspersons, with feedback ratings of more than 1000. The latter are more likely to sell a defective disk, because the disk probably was not their own, and they don't know the condition of everything they sell. Almost all use media mail for shipping, which is usually $2.49 per item, and arrives anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks later.