Klipsch Fans--you might want to check this out

RFinco

I found this while surfing AUDIOWEB

it might be of interest to those of you that are a bit of a collector

http://www.audioweb.com/Ad/AdInfo.asp?adid=141594

World's Oldest Klipschorn For Sale

KLIPSCHORN. This is the world's oldest known Klipschorn. Serial number 14. It was built in July of 1947. The Klipsch museum only has #18 and #20. The original serial number tag is in almost perfect condition. It is signed by Paul Klipsch himself. There is another tag inside that describes the woofer specs. This is probably in Paul Klipsch' own hand as well. #14 was also inspected on 22nd September 1949 and initialed by Lloyd S. McClellan--Klipch' first employee. Currently fitted with an early 50's Jensen P15LL--probably the best woofer ever made for corner horns. This is the same one that comes in the Jensen Imperial. According to the internal woofer tag, #14 left the factory with a Stephens Trusonic P52LX but this may have been upgraded by the factory at a later date. This speaker was always in Arkansas until recently. Anyway, the Stephens are sometimes for sale on the web if you want to put it back to original. The high frequency horn is a beautiful multiply Smith Multi Septa High Frequency horn powered by a Jensen compression driver. This horn is still used today as the JBL 2397 and Westlake. Crossover may be original and built by Paul Klipsch himself. Condition is sensational. Both drivers are working and it sounds fabulous. $1995.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Sale Information

Price: $1,995.00

Qty: 1

Ad Type: For Sale

Views: 1831

Ad Id: 141594

Start Date: 1/26/2004 12:00 AM

End Date: 2/25/2004 1:00 AM

Current Time: 2/13/2004 6:10 PM

Seller: lowthers@i1.net

View Seller's Info & Feedback

Leave Feedback for this Seller

View Seller's Other Listings

Ask Seller a Question

Manufacturer: Klipsch LLC

Model: Klipschorn

View Similar Listings

Search Equipment Reviews

Research Equipment Info & Pricing

Condition: Used

Use: Home Audio

Category: Loudspeakers: Horn

Information on Loudspeakers

View Similar Listings

Search Equipment Reviews

Watch this Listing

View My Watch List

Email This Listing to a Friend

----------------

On 2/14/2004 1:06:00 AM lynnm wrote:

Lighten up guys !

The fellow is new to this forum and obviously trying to contribute.

Welcome aboard bud.

PS - We aren't usually this pissy with new members!

----------------

I agree. 5.gif. RFinco is just trying to make new friends, he is new here how would he know someone posted this already. ****, I have been here for 2 years and his post was the first time I seen it. CMon you guys. Not everyone has time to read every single post. 4.gif

So, being as I don't know my Klipsch history as many of you on here do, explain to me why this is not a good deal, or why this is a rip off...I'm genuinely curious...

usually, AUDIOWEB is pretty solid for very high end equipment (there's some used WILSON GRAND SLAMMS on there for a mere 26,500.00-a bargain!!...(sarcasm))

so is this a on-going scam out there or something?...I'm genuinely curious..someone enlighten me..

Guest Joshua Ryan Hall

Serial number 13, which was built by the Baldwin Piano Company and Paul Klipsch himself, is on display at the Hard Rock Vault in Orlando, Florida. I have pictures if you want to see them.

--Joshua Ryan Hall

joshua, pics please! it would be neat to see the real deal.

i have a khorn with the serial #2, signed by paul, and even had a missing copy of paul's self written dissertation on his early vision of the "string theory" of the universe.....3.gif3.gif3.gif i think it is somewhere in my garage or basement...hmmm9.gif