Sunfire Super Junior

T_Shomaker

I went to another Ultimate Electronics to listen to the Super Jr. Well I'm going to have to say that I really liked it. I guess that it was setup differently or something but it sounded great. I really felt the bass this time. The bass was now very powerful instead of being very weak. I also listened to the RW-10 and the RW-12 which they both sounded really good too. What model SVS would be comparable to the sound of the Super Junior.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/28/2004 10:51:15 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

Has anybody ever heard of this

----------------

That Carver Knight Shadow is a great micro sub...it's actually capable of a little more output than the Sunfire Jr. down low. TheEAR owns it along with his other Sunfire subs. Here's some good info on it:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_1/carver-knight-shadow-subwoofer-3-2002.html

Taylor, wait until Henry gets back this week. He has a dedicated Heresys home theatre with an SVS subwoofer. This setup will show you what an SVS can do with your tube setup, and it is in St. Charles. Good show on having some restraint with language and patience on this thread. When you start really tossing names, you have lost communication and created an enemy. It's not worth it!

just to add some here...

if anyone needs info about techno type music with some good bass to it, let me know--I know that genre very very well.

if you want a few in the techno world that are a good challenge...:

RIVER OF BASS--Underworld. rolls very well...mello track with a constant bassline...

BASS TEST--Ultimate Bass Masters. Stupid name, incredible-multi layered techno...

STATELESS--C Tec. My fav test track for bass speed, power, repeatability--people cringe when the bass track kicks in...Sales people freak out...its great...!!

SILENCE (Fade Remix)--Delirium: Not only is this track beautiful (Sara Mclauhlan doing vocals) but the final base line is awsome...

NO REALITY--Andy C( I think its this one..)--This track has a under the music bass line that you can't hear--but the better your speakers the more you can feel...IE on lower grade speakers you can't even feel it...I played it in my car (very small space JL audio W6v2 10" sub-soundproofed car) at a rather high volume and my vision actually blurred and I lost track of all the thoughts in my head...I'm going to take this to a store and blow up their speakers....take that best buy!

"SILENCE (Fade Remix)--Delirium: Not only is this track beautiful (Sara Mclauhlan doing vocals) but the final base line is awsome..."

he he you bet,I use this to show off my ubber bass systems,the peeps jaws drop.Quite a show

But one track that is the most supper duper deluxe in true depth and fury is from Pomp & Pipes(on Reference Recordings)track four around 16 seconds in the track...starts the most subwoofer destructive sub huuman bass ever recorded.

This track has sub 16Hz bass with such high intensity anything besides areal heavyweight sub tuned to below 20hz will fail poorly and start farting,some may end up damaged when pushed.Forget the Telarc deep bass...Pomp & Pipes only true subwoofers need apply.

9.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2004 9:55:41 PM TheEAR wrote:

But one track that is the most supper duper deluxe in true depth and fury is from Pomp & Pipes(on Reference Recordings)track four around 16 seconds in the track...starts the most subwoofer destructive sub huuman bass ever recorded.

This track has sub 16Hz bass with such high intensity anything besides areal heavyweight sub tuned to below 20hz will fail poorly and start farting,some may end up damaged when pushed.Forget the Telarc deep bass...Pomp & Pipes only true subwoofers need apply.

9.gif

----------------

wow. thats some seriously deep bass--did you test the Hz or does it actually tell you that?

Go check out that C TEC track that I mention--it actually is WAY harder on speakers than the Silence remix--I've blown a club speaker with that track. if the Silence remix drops their jaw...this one will make it fall off.(just FYI--C TEC is Jean Luc D'meyer's new project--Jean Luc was the founding member of FRONT 242)

Also--I got a track that I want to SEND you--mp3 of course. Its that ANDY C track I mention--its called "Mind Overload" and about a minute in it'll blur your vision...

I'm curious how it compares---Its probably one of the deepest tracks I've ever heard...

I have been thinking for a little while and I decided I am probably going to get the Sunfire. I would rather get an SVS but I don't really have anywhere to put it. Well I have a spot but my Fender Strat sits there and I will never move that guitar (looks awesome sitting there, it is like on The Big Lebowski where the rug tied the room together). But there is a place where I could put the sunfire. What is the wholesale price on these things? Would I be able to buy parts and make a sub comparable to the super junior and keep it about the same size? Are there other subs I should be looking at in the same price range and comparable size? I will probably be buying a sub sometime this summer when it is my birthday and I will have some money. What is the difference between the super junior and the junior?

Thanks,

Taylor

When I am ready to buy whatever sub I do get I should have somewhere from $500 to $700. Maybe I could just save until Christmas and get an RSW-15 or a Sunfire True or whatever. I wouldn't really do that but it would be kind of neat. I still have to buy a tt, tuner, new cd player, and some new cables. Once I think about it a little bit I realized I will be spending on my stereo until I am able to get a job and then I will have money and want to redo everything.