OT: She wants a Carriebean honeymoon HELP

Bruinsrme

Well with the recent buying spree of HT gear my fiance has decided that after nearly 8 years of being together, 3 of the 8 years we have been engaged, she has decided that we are getting married.

Loren would very much like to get married and have her, I mean our, honeymoon somewhere in the Carribean.

I have until 3pm Eastern time to come up with ideas and suggestions.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

My idea of a great honeymoon would be get married locally and hit the road and catch NHL games in colorado, detroit, and Pheonix.

Thanks again

Scott

Been to St. Thomas, Jamica, and Bahamas. Jamica was eh. My suggestion is either St Thomas or Bahamas. About 3 years ago we took a cruise from Florida to Bahamas. It was one of those quickie things. You leave Friday night and come back Sunday. If I had the money I would stay at "The Atlantis" in The Bahamas, can't remember the name of the city. That resort looks friggen nice.

Dude... Give her what she wants this time... You have gotten all your HT gear. Give here this.

St. Thomas was $$$$ 15 years ago. If the two of you like to swim or snorkel, the most beautiful reefs in America are at St. Croix. Buck Island is the only underwater national park in the hemisphere, and an incredible vacation day. The Rockefellers had a golf course up in the mountain that is nice, and Christiaansted is very pretty. The island was beutiful - but this was 15 years ago. It was cheaper than St. Thomas by about 30-40%, and just as nice weather. To get to either, you needed to fly from PR.

A cruise is nice as well, or if you two are adventurous, a Windjammer deck cruise would be a great memory for the rest of your lives. All would get rid of the Boston winter blues!

St Crox... Yeah we had some guys off the ship(Navy) take a charter to St Crox. They said it was very nice. Don't recall the prices, it was way back in 1989-1990 time frame.

The water down there was so blue and pretty. you could see way down deep. Just beautyfull. Someday I'm going back.

At the same time though... Jamica was good to me. Met some gal from Canada down there vacation. She got this young salor drunk and had her way with me right there on the beach. I was mentally raped, it was terrible. All she wanted was a peice of ***. I was soooo used. 5.gif

Yep, I'm living proof that those nasty letters you read in some of those schmut mags really do happen.9.gif

How about Hawaii? Not necessarily Oahu, but perhaps Molokai, Lanai, or the Big Island (also known as the island of Hawaii). Few places are as beautiful and serene as those. Perhaps the Bahamas come close.

Or if you want to do something completely out of the ordinary, how about somewhere that isn't usually in the list of honeymoon places? Somewhere in Europe? Athens? London? Spain? Or Asia? Hong Kong? Singapore (cleanest place on earth)? Dunno, just throwing out whatever comes to my head.

Didn't care for St. Thomas seamed like a good hangout for fugitves and tax evaders. St. Martin was nice. My wife and I did a 14 day San Diego to Fort Lauderdale transited the Panama Canal. That was incredible.

Lots of cruises out of Port Canaveral as well Miami/Ft Lauderdale the Bahamas are just a stones throw away.

Hey Scott - I know you had a time limit for suggestions, but on the chance you're still looking for something romantic & unique....

About 5 years ago I chartered a crewed 51' sailboat for 7 full days in the BVI. We split the cost of the boat with another couple with whom we are close friends. In round figures, we spent around $4800 total for boat, airfare, food, drinks, souveniers, etc. It was absolutely the best money I've ever spent on a vacation. The boat was literally ours. We could sail as much or as little as we wanted. Basically, each morning (over breakfast)the captain would offer some suggestions for the day and then ask us what we wanted to do. No set agendas was great. And a 51" sailboat can go places a large cruise ship can't. The first mate (his wife) was a trained culinary chef and the food she prepared in a small galley was unreal. And their knowledge of the islands was invaluable. It was also a plus that they were close to us in age and liked to party as much as we did. I'm definitely going back and doing it again.

In case you're interested, look these folks up on the net:

Jolly Mon Sailing

They're the ones I used and are the absolute best. It's a husband & wife team and they personally know/interview the boats & crews they represent. You can also PM me and we can chat.

Good luck!! 1.gif

Tom

I'll second Tom's recommendation. My wife and I have chartered boats in the Caribbean just as Tom described. You set the itinerary, the menu, and the activities. You can opt to spend the day sunning on the deck, or at the helm of the boat. The last trip we did was in the Leeward islands - we departed from Nelson's Dockyard in Antigua, and proceeded to Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Dominica and eventually Martinique. The whole trip took 10 days aboard a 60' twin mast. The only other advice I can offer is make sure the boat you are chartering has sufficent space for both the captain/crew and your party. Some boats are better designed for charter than others, and sharing a "stateroom" with your wife/girlfriend will put you in really close proximity to one another. These aren't cruise ships, after all. But it's a great experience, and I look forward to our next adventure aboard one.

Hey Tom, just curious, what was the name of your captain and first mate? Maybe we've crewed with the same folks.

Colin

I've been to several islands in the Caribbean (Aruba, Grand Cayman, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Bahamas, etc.) while onboard the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. Check out www.rccl.com to see the Eastern, Western, and Southern iteneraries. Royal Caribbean has the best food, service, and the ship is literally a floating palace. Email me if you want more high resolution pics.

The pic attached to this message is one I took of Magen's Bay while I was in St. Thomas last year. 1.gif

post-14540-13819252192068_thumb.jpg

I have offered the recommendations to the Mrs. but she has set her goals and there is no stopping her. The assistance everyone has provided has gven me some great ideas for the "next vacation" which is to be planned by me.

My battle to postpone the trip until May is now an all out war.

I appreciate everyone taking the time in helping me, I knew I could count on the great people here.

Thank you,

Scott

Yeah right. I let my EX-wife plan the honeymoon trip. My next vacation was planned by her divorce lawyer. Have you ever seen the Pennsylvania coal mines in December? Boy Howdy! They give you a hat with a light on it and EVERYTHING! They do have a nice ride in a coal car that takes you into the bowels of the earth. It reminds me of the honeymoon trip I didnt plan. Buy your ticket(s) for the Caymans NOW!

9.gif