Heresy as center

Johnny TN

----------------

On 2/16/2004 3:18:05 PM hwatkins wrote:

Orientation and space are usually the biggest problems.

----------------

The Heresy will make a excellent center. I just re-built the case so it would fit on my RPTV. I have mine set about 4db higher in the receiver's setup.

You are only 30 minutes from me, any time you would like to hear it, you are welcome to come by. Just let me know.

The best match for your La Scalas is a Heresy with the same drivers. The Heresy is brighter than a La Scala, but the crossover is easy to modify to bring it into balance. A new enclosure and 2 Heresy woofers and single squawkers and tweeters would also work well.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:17:12 PM Freak On A Leash wrote:

I am in the same delema as well and the choice has come down to either I buy a RC-7 that won't timbre match or purchase a Heresy to act as a center. I'm starting to think the Heresy would be a better timbre match with my Chorus II's.

----------------

Heresies and Chorus II's don't sound remotely alike. Maybe Heresy II's are closer, but I don't have any of those to compare. Your best match to your Chorus II is going to be more Chorus II's, Forte II's, Quartet II's, or an Academy. If I didn't already have an Academy I'd be looking for a pair of Quartets -- one for a rear center, and one for a Frankenquartet front center.

IMO, YMMV, etc. 1.gif