Academy FEEDING FRENZY!

Lucky Leeroy

Yes, it is outrageous. I say so what. If they are willing to pay, then let them pay. You see this all the time. I sold my Academy for $$$$ on eBay a few months ago. I know that if I wanted to get back into HT I would be better served by the Ref line of speakers. Live and let live. Just imagine - someone is buying a million dollar home and a $100,000 car right now. A $900 speaker is no big deal to them.

Busterfree - I am glad I bought your academy when I did...the prices have been skyrocketing ever since...you would have done well to hang onto it for just a few more months, but hindsight is 20-20!1.gif

The addition of the academy to my Fortes really filled out the sound of my HT, and in my opinion was well worth the price I paid a few months ago. Ultimately I want to obtain an oiled oak academy to match my mains, but at $900-$1000 apiece, I might be better off finding a shop to replace the veneer on my black one LOL

----------------

On 2/17/2004 9:26:00 PM dave97 wrote:

Busterfree - I am glad I bought your academy when I did...the prices have been skyrocketing ever since...you would have done well to hang onto it for just a few more months, but hindsight is 20-20!
1.gif

The addition of the academy to my Fortes really filled out the sound of my HT, and in my opinion was well worth the price I paid a few months ago. Ultimately I want to obtain an oiled oak academy to match my mains, but at $900-$1000 apiece, I might be better off finding a shop to replace the veneer on my black one LOL

----------------

I'll trade you my OO for your black + $200.9.gif

To turn the equation around, what main speakers are worth buying an Academy for? Why not just upgrade the mains and buy a cheaper center? Unless you have a religious devotion to Klipsch, why not jut buy a whole new set of HT speakers like the reference series? I bought my Academy from someone who upgraded to B&W Nautilus mains and center, but regretfully said the Academy was a better center. Well, I guess I just may have answered my own question.

----------------

On 2/17/2004 9:26:00 PM dave97 wrote:

Busterfree - I am glad I bought your academy when I did...the prices have been skyrocketing ever since...you would have done well to hang onto it for just a few more months, but hindsight is 20-20!
1.gif

----------------

I am glad you like. It was in great shape. I wanted to do the $900 thing back then, but I did not have the conscious to do it.

I had alway said that I would not sell it, but whoa how things change. I have seen several pair of black Forte II for sale since then. My Forte II are oak.

My next move will be a Ref HT or better yet Khorns.3.gif