Stereophile, Klipsch, and JGH

KeesGuy

"Then again, the NET makes this stuff seem like the usefulness of an army in the land of the terrorist"

So you're a military tactician in addition to being an audiophile? Some of you folks cant keep your politics out of what is, after all, an audio board. Give it a rest....

Another Canadian observer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope they use a new pair that have over 150 hours on them, because that's how many hours I have on mine. The first month and a half was spent under my chair ducking from excessive sibilance at the higher SPLs, and I thought the bass was surprisingly lean as well. However, these problems are now gone -- replaced by a smooth, natural top end -- and a bottom end that shames anything I've heard before. Out of the box they were dynamite, now they are pure nitro.

They is them that emailed me talking about how much they like their Klipschorns.

Letter basically said that I keep coming back to Klipsch Heritage line after trying bunches of other "high end" speakers 'cause even though horns have a few anomolies, what they do right is something that only they do right.

Gordon Holt replied said he agreed with me completely.

Atkinson in As We See It said that letter, Gordon's reply and Art Dudly's general preference for high efficiency speakers and tubes had prompted Atkinson to try and arrange for Dudly to do a full review of a pair of Klipshorns.

We'll see...

Here's to one more laugh if he does use SET and finds the Khorn a great speaker. I guess the conclusion would be faulty?

Actually, Art Dudley has enough experience and background to like and appreciate the good qualities of a number of different amp and speaker topologies, including SET, PP tubes, horns, single drivers, three ways, two ways, and even quality solid state etc.

Here's to hoping he does what he should do as a proper reviewer and tries SET, PP, tubes, and solid state when assessing the big Klipsch. Here's to the fact that he has a GREAT vinyl rig and will probably try all types of music via vinyl and digital.

Here's to hoping he is not biased with preconceived notions and prejudices that get swept across the board with abandon. Here's to hoping he doesnt have something personal against Paul Klipsch, thereby clouding every conclusion and statement regarding the same.

kh

More importantly here is hoping that whoever gets them has a proper room with good corners to use and will be willing to rearrange their room if needed to use them. And our course doesn't spend the entire article ranting about that.

For that reason I'd think a LaScala review would be 'safer' for Klipsch.

Shawn

Art has had enough strange and twisted speakers over the years to know better. He has done reviews on placement problem Lowthers, Lamhorns, Beauhorns, down to the little "The Horn" and has probably heard double the tube amps of the average gimcrack at Stereophile (hell, I bet he would even give ole JGH a run as he has been knee deep in HT for the five years or more). Here to hoping Pt II that he even tries some nicely built corners as well. While it would be a pain, it would surely be an interesting addition. He was a big Lowther lover for awhile so he is into the single-driver thing, which might pose some problems with the Khorn.

The last I heard, ole JGH wasnt even TALKING to Stereophile so something must have changed in the last year.

kh