My new and improved System

toddvj

I just got a new TV the other day, a Hitachi 50V500. This is quite a difference from my old 34" TV. Once I got the TV, I realized that I was going to have to redo the whole system. I am not totally done, but here is my progress so far.

Old

old.JPG

vs. new

mynewht3.JPG

I posted my pics about a year ago and some people commented that all of my stuff was cramped, etc. While this is an improvement, it's still not perfect. The treadmill is temporary, we are redoing our upstairs bedroom, so as soon as that's done, the treadmill goes upstairs. The couch is probably going to stay where it is, but we are going to move the coffee table. My equipment rack is a lot better than it was before, although some components are still stacked, as you can see in this picture

equiprack.JPG

As soon as the HD Tivo comes out, I will be losing 3 or 4 of those components, but for now...

Last but not least, are my subs. Someone suggested that I stack them in the corner, so that's what I'm planning to do. I still have some wiring to do before I push them back, but here they are. I also have the PS2 and Xbox sitting in the corner, not hooked up, so that's what the rest of that mess is.

subs1.JPG

Any Comments or suggestions are always welcome.

nicholtl--The TV is a 50" Hitachi LCD. I always thought my 34" was "Just Fine," but now I can see that all my friends were right, it is so much more fun to watch on a Big Screen!!!

m00n--What can I say, I like Bass!

Maron Horonzak--My wife loves her angels. I have knocked a few of them off and even broken some wings, she was NOT happy. I think they are safer with the new set-up though, being on the side wall now.

----------------

On 2/19/2004 2:48:20 PM nicholtl wrote:

Those are dual 15's? Wow. I have that in my truck, but that's where there isn't anything to rattle and roll off the walls. Do you even tap 1% of their power? I mean...if you did...your neighbors might be diving under the tables for dear life.

----------------

Oh, I'd say I tap well over 1% of their power. Luckily, I have cool neighbors. They have mentioned that they can hear my music sometimes, but have not complained about it yet. (knock wood)

does your room 'open up'?

i ask because in a small room, the bass notes can't 'fit'-they are too long.

i have ONE rsw-15 and rarely run the volume knob past 1 o'clock(my sub out level is set to +6)

my klipsch rep has been in my ht room, and said i should draw a chalk line around all my speakers so they don't get moved! he said i have it dialed in just right, and the 30Hz bass response is the best he's heard.

nice setup,play w/toe-in/out on those rf-towers.

avman.

• 2 months later...

----------------

On 5/16/2004 12:01:13 PM J.4knee wrote:

Beautiful set up, dual 15's in a small room. Talk about the room that goes boom! I do have one question, with your 7's close together what is you depth of sound field like ands well as 3D imaging? Still nice set up.

----------------

ya, i was thinking the same thing...push those RF-7's as far wide as you can (maybe try the subs more towards the center to get you more room). nevertheless, no need to be critical of a really nice system 1.gif

----------------

On 2/27/2004 11:18:38 AM avman wrote:

does your room 'open up'?

i ask because in a small room, the bass notes can't 'fit'-they are too long.

avman.

----------------

That is a big misconception. The only thing the size of a room does is determind what frequencies your room modes will be at.

If a room being too small was the case, then you wouldn't get any bass below 100Hz in a car, or ANYTHING below like 1000Hz with headphones!