'93 La Scala's BIN $880

Ctiger2

----------------

On 2/18/2004 6:04:16 PM JohnWhite wrote:

The current high bidder is the same jack that ran up my Cornwall vertical price! If your going to bid on these wait and use a sniper service. The current bidder is a wannabe.

----------------

I was looking at his profile and he has been buying tubes and other electronic gear. Seems like he is putting a system together. My guess is he will run these into absurd prices as well. Perhaps I'll let him have my Belles for $5000. 1.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LISTEN TO THIS:

I have found out that the La Scalas in question have NO tweeters in them!!! Actually, it says so on the auction page, I just didn't read that part since I recognized the cut and paste description from the Klipsch site. In that portion, the seller put in "tweeters are removed". The seller does not have the tweeters at all, he seems like a nice guy, just took the tweeters out after they got blown and sent them to Klipsch, they apparently lost them.

Be careful if you bid on this item.

----------------

On 2/18/2004 11:37:01 PM Rudy81 wrote:

LISTEN TO THIS:

I have found out that the La Scalas in question have NO tweeters in them!!! Actually, it says so on the auction page, I just didn't read that part since I recognized the cut and paste description from the Klipsch site. In that portion, the seller put in "tweeters are removed". The seller does not have the tweeters at all, he seems like a nice guy, just took the tweeters out after they got blown and sent them to Klipsch, they apparently lost them.

Be careful if you bid on this item.

----------------

That's pretty sh!tty he doesn't really mention it in the auction. I missed when I glanced over that area as well. I wouldn't trust this seller!15.gif

Wow, I sure didn't notice that, it's buried in the paste from the website.

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:8 ohms ENCLOSURE TYPE:Fully horn-loaded DRIVE COMPONENTS:Three-way fully horn loaded system using one(2.5cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver and one(5.08cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver with an exponential horn and one(38.1cm) exponential folded horn. TWEETER:K-77-F 1" (2.54cm)****tweeters are removed**** CROSSOVER:4500Hz MIDRANGE:K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver MID FREQUENCY HORN:Exponential Horn

asterisks added by me.

buyer beware, always true.

{EDIT} I have a pair of EV T-35 tweeters I'm not using. If somebody from this thread wins these I will sell them to him at a reduced price, say $100 plus shipping. I had forgotten I had these till reading this thread.

The seller will probably think I'm a jerk, but I emailed both bidders about the missing tweeters. Neither of them had noticed the little blurb in the middle of the text pasted from the Klipsch website. Both thanked me, one mentioned that the seller refused to cancel his bid because he wasn't the high bidder at the time.

My offer still stands, if someone from here buys those I will make him a smokin' deal on a pair of EV T-35's I have and am not using.