You gotta love this guy

Deang

"With the right amplifier, the sound is magic, especially with female voices. Very amplifier friendly however, and easy to drive."

so true of Klipsch

when you spend that kinda money on a speaker, you better have the right amp to get the magic

6.gif

have any of you guys listened to those speakers? what if klipsch sounded like crap in a straight up comparison? (far from likely, but still...i think y'all get the point).

"You know, those speakers kinda remind me of an old robot on the Dr. Who Tv series"

sorry, i just had to get giddy go happy when i saw some1 else that's seen the show...you a fan, or just seen the show a few times?

You know, I've been through this route a few times. I've owned a number of "high end" speakers- Thiels, KEF Reference, Infinity Kappas, Magnepans, Eminent Technology, Carver Amazings, Legacy Focus, NHTs, etc, etc...Some had better bass than my Cornwalls, some imaged a bit better, some others were more accurate in timbre or measured much better....HOWEVER, when it came time to just listen to and enjoy the music for extended periods (and not have to keep my head in a vice lest the soundstage collapse); nothing sounds as 'comfortable' as a nice set of horns with a warm tube amp. To each their own, I suppose and I'll never criticize what another wants to spend their money on (even if it is Bose). We all hear differently and place a different amount of importance on 'status' (I paid $$$$$ for my speakers, aren't they great??). So, I won't say "We are right and they are wrong". Well, then again, maybe I will...

Enjoy the music...

Dave

I agree, Dave. Although I haven't owned nearly as many high-end loudspeakers as you, I have heard many in homes and have auditioned many at high-end salons, and all have their sonic strong points. But I would never make a statement refering to any one of them as CRAP. I've never heard the Avalons, but I know TheEAR has, and swears by their sound as well as his other Dynaudio and Klipsch loudspeakers he also owns. Just because the seller's darling Avalons are considered high-end audiophile loudspeakers (justifiable by their high-end price, natch) doesn't give him the right to diss Klipsch (or even Bose IMO). Let's see if those Avalon Arcus are continuously manufactured for over 50+ years like the venerable Klipschorn have!2.gif Now that's priceless!

Hi Texas 42. What model of Eminent Technology speaks did you have? I've got a pair of LFT 8's that I dearly love, but I'm looking to try a pair of Heritage to go with a more "live" dynamic that comes with extreme high efficiency. The LFT's do some things wonderfully, but they are a little "polite" IMHO. They are also brutally inefficent, 83 db, I think.

Nick.

----------------

On 2/19/2004 5:22:54 PM DrWho wrote:

sorry, i just had to get giddy go happy when i saw some1 else that's seen the show...you a fan, or just seen the show a few times?

----------------

I used to watch that show all the time. when the local PBS channel carried it. Not a diehard, Im a Sci-Fi fan in general. Now don't go asking which Dr. I liked best! 2.gif Thats like asking which Star Trek show is best!6.gif

Nick,

I had the LFT-VIIIs as well. I think they are a great speaker and absolute bargain at the price (about $1700). The sound anchor stands are a must with these, IMO. But to me, they are one of the best planars out there and should be considered by anyone looking at the Maggie 3.6 at almost 1/3 the cost. I miss them at times as they have a very deep soundstage but they require lots of clean power. I'm very content with my cornwalls and cayin/scott amps though so won't be going back...

Dave

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:51:15 AM Yossarian wrote:

Hi Texas 42. What model of Eminent Technology speaks did you have? I've got a pair of LFT 8's that I dearly love, but I'm looking to try a pair of Heritage to go with a more "live" dynamic that comes with extreme high efficiency. The LFT's do some things wonderfully, but they are a little "polite" IMHO. They are also brutally inefficent, 83 db, I think.

Nick.

----------------