fair price of rf7 set?

Jay481985

I'm looking forward to getting a complete home system. I think i want the rf7 which online cost as complete set 2600 without the rsw 15, I was wondering if online is safe cause they said they will honor the warantee and what would be a good estimate on a set of rf7 at a authorized store two towers a center and the surround, no i cannot afford surrounds being the rf7 like the ear but i was wondering rsw 15 or svs pb2+ as they fall around the same price? I want the svs for the deep punch but now i been hearing rsw 15 has punch according to new tests. What would be your decision. and what type of reciever also is good i was looking for the denon 3803.

Buying online is a huge risk...and I'm not sure who will be honoring that warranty, because Klipsch certainly will not. That said, $2600 is an awesome price for an RF-7 set. I mean heck, retail price considered, a pair of RF-7's with tax will only leave a couple hundred left of that.

Sometimes b&m stores want your business so bad they are willing to drastically cut, if not match, the prices of online retailers. The dude I bought all my Klipsch stuff from at Goodguys here in LA matched every single price I could find online. Just takes a little time and schmoozing, but once you've secured the connection, you're set.

you could probably get that price at local store...

My guestimate after taxes

RF7 pair around $1600

RC7 around $650

RS7 pair around $650

Total $2900 plus local plus no shipping...plus KLIPSCH warranty

Now that is with some negotiating hehehehe but not to far off...

I say try your local place and see what you can get for pricing first

----------------

On 2/19/2004 10:26:00 PM Thors1982 wrote:

I bought my RF7's RC7 and RS7's for $2900 from an authorized dealer.

I would recommend the same... basically thats $300 for the Klipsch warranty I thought it was worth it.

----------------

[/blockquote

I agree with both statements,I even got to trade in my polks for MORE than they were worth.

I actually asked the same question when I was shopping for prices :-)

My local dealer wouldn't give me more than 10% of retail even if i bought THE WHOLE SET.

bastards lost a $3000 sale

I feel bad cause i don't remember who it was :-( but

a guy on this website said this and I quote

"If you really want to know about the 1300 price on the RF-7s, well there is a small catch. I got a deal for my 3 series stuff because i bought it all at once, so now everything I buy there i get a discount on. I belive the price was 1365 about a year ago. The place is in Dover Delaware in the Sound of Tri-State and talk to Larry. The street is Route 13 or Dupont. I belive he works Tuesdays threw Saterday unless his boss changed it. The only way to get the deal from him I belive would be to buy the whole set, and you can get the 15 for 1400. Also, yes, this is from an Authorized dealer."

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:49:29 AM Fish wrote:

I got mine at Ovation,Louisville KY.The thing about gettin' a good deal is its kinda like a credit rating.Once they know and trust you its easier to negotiate.That is the upside of authorized dealers.

----------------

Got the same deal going @ Ovation here in Indy. I'll only go to the one store & deal with the same sales associate (thankfully he's an audio GEEK, in a good way) but he knows my needs, budget & what I want out of my system. He keeps me informed (he called me when the HTR5550s were being clearanced @ $180 'cuz knew I wanted to do better than my Sony DE485 but don't have $800+ for a Top Line unit), gives me great pricing and I can call him @ work on tech ?s or general info. I won't even go browsing there if I know that he won't be working that day. Loyalty does run both ways if u work it right.

Bought mine at Sound Advice for $2800+tax a few months before Klipsch and Sound Advice/Tweeter parted ways. It was during one of their buy one, get the second one for half price sales, didn't have to dicker with them at all.

BUT, the first two pair of RF-7's I picked up were damaged. The third set they delivered for free. They are only a couple of miles down the road from me. What a hassle it would have been had I bought them online from an unauthorized dealer.