Allan Songers SA-100 on the scope

NOSValves

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/26/2004 4:03:45 PM TBrennan wrote:

Paul---C,mon now, Mobile is my pal. Kelly and I used to get into it pretty good, then we settled down and started enjoying each other's contributions.

----------------

No insult to you intended. The "ballwasher" term just struck me as quite hilarious--I don't think I've ever heard it before. And it is so exactly appropriate for a few of Mobile's groupies.

Wait a minute I guess everyone here is mistaken lets revert back to my initial question here

gerbache,

I have a question that I'm curious about. If I read your post correctly there is a DC component to the square wave that a function generator produces ? How could any tube amp with coupling caps designed to block all DC in the signal path passing to the next stage ever pass this part of the wave form ?

Craig

So we are all talking past each other here. I am way past anything to do with AC coupled scope readings and understand your point completely ! I say I can use it and still get valid results you say I can't oh well I agree to disagree no big deal. I am not asking a question about AC coupling a scope.

Parrot, it appears that all you do in this thread is bait, troll, and make gratuitous comments. It's par for the course...

Anything new to add today? A different shot of your cat? What's up with Michael Jackson? I know you were following that closely. I DO enjoy these threads you start.

Ahhh...the dog thread is still running strong!

kh

----------------

On 2/26/2004 4:31:21 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Parrot, it appears that all you do in this thread is bait, troll, and make gratuitous comments. It's par for the course...

Anything new to add today? A different shot of your cat? What's up with Michael Jackson? I know you were following that closely. I DO enjoy these threads you start.

Ahhh...the dog thread is still running strong!

----------------

I do have a cat picture to post, yes.

So this is what it's all about, eh? You are jealous because my threads get more attention than your phony-baloney cap recommendation threads? How petty.

curtain.jpg

Okay Craig,

You read Gerbache wrong. In his post he wasn't refering to a DC component over which an AC signal is riding.

He was saying that a square wave can be seen as an "assemblage" of discrete DC segments alternating over a mean.

Nobody argues the fact that a cap will block the steady DC component of a signal (providing the cap ain't leaking that is...).

Craig,

"How could any tube amp with coupling caps designed to block all DC in the signal path passing to the next stage ever pass this part of the wave form ? "

Answer this: If you hook up a constant DC source to a cap when it charges up what causes it to block the DC?

Shawn