My New Scott

T_Shomaker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use the phono jacks. You have to know what the output of your cartridge is before you hook it up. Most cartridges under $500 will use the "Mag low" jacks. Check with us beforehand though or call Dave or Craig or Ryan. Also, don't forget to attach the ground wire of you TT to the amp's chassis. Just about any screw on the amp will do.

What kind of TT/Cart are you using? Not many at your age would even know how to use one! A good TT is hard to beat and the scotts have great phono stages. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I may have some spare lps I could send your way if you tell me what music you like that's older than you. I have lots of doubles of stuff from the 70s.

I ran a stanton 681EEE with my technics for years. Nice cart. If you pm me your address I'm sure I can find a few you'd like. If you'd be more comfortable, I can send them to Dave who can get them to you if he's willing. I already have his address. That way he can pick the good ones for himself and give the rest to you.9.gif J/K. Dave wouldn't do that.11.gif Actually, I may have a few for him also. I hear he's a big Anita Bryant fan.2.gif

Can you send me "Oranges in my glass, What's in my Cups?" I bought a baker's dozen at the thrift store today, and have a Phillips pressing of Barber, Bartok, Britten, and Respighi "Music for Strings" currently tracking. I'd be happy for whatever you send, so I can break the 15 album barrier...Taylor can have 90% of the loud stuff, Liam gets cranky when Dad starts cranking.

I got to wander through a shuttered movie theatre today that is scheduled for demolition, and it looks like I may be picking up a set of '60s Khorns and a Cornwall for free. They aren't in perfect shape(being in the theatre for fourty years,) but when a deal bites you in the gluteous maximus, you open the door. I just hope I can deal with the building inspector or police rather than the owner, who is a real Daffy Duck about being somewhere on time. I need to buy a ladder in the morn to get all the garage stuff up in the garage attic access, cos the basement already looks ten months pregnant.