Ebay ??????

garymd

----------------

On 3/8/2004 2:23:23 PM analogman wrote:

Selling "Golden Age" kit to Asian "collectors" is tantamount to robbing a church.Let them book travel and visit our technological heritage here,in a museum or at a forum member's home.
1.gif1.gif1.gif
You said you didn't NEED the money.?
15.gif

Analogman

----------------

I don't need the money bad enough to lie on custom's forms is what I meant. I still need the money! I have to replace the Marantz now!9.gif

FedEx gets a little extra business now and I don't have to lie to get my original selling price.1.gif1.gif1.gif

Thanks for your interest Analogman!

BTW - I get paid from Mr. Milwaukee through paypal so it should be a safe transaction.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/8/2004 2:25:09 PM BackBurner wrote:

Good thing JFL does'nt think along those lines !! EH ?

Why not just label the dam package as gift instead of merchandise ?

Declare and insure the thing at whatever value you want then.

----------------

Well, actually my position ain't really far form Chris's one, as far as my amps are concerned. I actually drove from Quebec to Boston to avoid the pain of shipping an electronic device to USA. While being there I had Chris shipped the pair of amps I sold to Ed Whitesell.

It's really difficult for me to ship a custom made amp into the USA using UPS, Fedex, etc. since I can't testify that my amps follow all UL and FCC regulations that were ever passed and will be for the next 300 years.

----------------

On 3/7/2004 8:42:08 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 3/7/2004 8:31:51 PM analogman wrote:

Asian built stuff inundated our (U.S.A.) market when it was decent; read copies of our designs built by near slave labor compared to America.Drove all the icons out of business or forced them to sell.Now in the age of ICs and "chip" architecture (which we were at one time the main player)the Asian manufacturers are selling the U.S. public at large cheap mid-fi,tariff free crap and doing very well.In the meantime,isn't it interesting that the best and finest collections of everything from Disney to JBL,Klipsch,Mac etc. are in Asia?If they're not willing to pay the freight,F?!K THEM! CLEAR ENOUGH?

The Troll

----------------

CLEAR ENOUGH MR. TROLL! So I guess you agree with my decision not to commit fraud on behalf of this stranger from Taiwan.

----------------

Not to mention all the great Strads and Amati's asia has hidden invaults! Keep american quality in american hands!

proko03

----------------

On 3/12/2004 3:27:51 AM norwest wrote:

When shipping within the good old USA does everone submit sales tax where applicable or does the conscience start at the border.

----------------

When purchasing a product in MD, I always pay applicable sales tax. Does that answer your question or is there more to it?

----------------

On 3/12/2004 3:27:51 AM norwest wrote:

When shipping within the good old USA does everone submit sales tax where applicable or does the conscience start at the border.

----------------

Where I come from, there is no sales tax on casual sales between individuals only on purchases from businesses.

Rick

I know exactly where you're coming from "norwest"

I've already been labeled a jerk by members of this forum and that's those in questions' prerogative and right for "working" with me and helping me learn to be a better Human Being.In your case,however,I have no reservations whatsoever inhibiting me from asking you to GO EAT S#$T you little wise *** PU%%Y!F#$K OFF!You little BIT$%H!

Analogman

----------------

On 3/12/2004 11:18:03 PM analogman wrote:

I know exactly where you're coming from "norwest"

I've already been labeled a jerk by members of this forum and that's those in questions' prerogative and right for "working" with me and helping me learn to be a better Human Being.In your case,however,I have no reservations whatsoever inhibiting me from asking you to GO EAT S#$T you little wise *** PU%%Y!F#$K OFF!You little BIT$%H!

Analogman

----------------

LMAO!9.gif How do you really feel Analogman?

Almost forgot while I was freaking out."Strads,Amati(s)" you can find them right by the Suzuki(s) you pretentious,condescending little P&*K!Have an extra helping of S$%T for yourself "Proko03"I am also willing to bet you suck as an instrumentalist!

Your Friend,

Analogman

I'll sell music vinyl, CD's and Video Game Discs overseas but no complex electronics. Too much of a hassle. I wouldn't break the law for him. I had a guy do a buy it now on a TU-717 Tuner once from Italy, he did it before asking if it was switchable to 220V. Then backed out when I said no it wasn't. I just wish they would ask before bidding or buying. I had US Only on it but some people just don't pay attention.

Grateful

I dont see what all the fuss was about? Its a used product... sold between two individuals. Neither is a store and neither collects nor pays sales taxes, right? I would have never imagined such a request would have upset or worried so many people.

Ive bought some used stuff locally through classifieds, garage sales, etc... but never filed a sales tax form. Does anyone know what rules and legislation is obligated by the sale of a used item between two parties? I sure dont...

See what Im just trying to get at is when a product of $$$ declared value is shipped across the border, it is assumed that it was purchased through a store... but since the store is in another country, the applicable sales taxes were not collected. Similarly to when someone buys products from another state, and doesnt pay either states sales tax. (by the way, isnt this only temporarily allowable on internet purchases... but not allowable on all other types purchases including catalogue shopping??) The money collected at the border represents these taxes.

Ive sold items to individuals / friends in the US and have usually labelled the items as gifts of $$$ value and insured them for that given value, even though I wasnt asked. Didnt realise I was doing them such huge favours... 4.gif

Rob